Sailor Custom Color

Betty

Nope, I didn't get any color swatches. Seems like they need a color picked out before they can do a proper price quote. Perhaps the prices differ depending on what color we choose (so does that mean we can choose any color???)

I'm sure you can choose any colour and they will try to match it to the best of their abilities.

Seems like a lot of people prefer white as a colour. Actually, it seems like the order amount is based on a cost. Hence we may be able to get 12 pens each of two colours made for the same money (Ujuku's run was around 10ish pens).

If so then we could get a white one with rose gold trim and a transparent lime green with silver trim... I'd be up for two!

I don't care what the colour is as long as it's NOT yellow gold trim ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr.Grace

• Betty

• Michael R.

• sumgaikid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we had the choice of any colour why would we get white? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Besides, I thought Sailor already made one of these in white (maybe only for the japanese market?) but...as usual...not sure about that last bit. :rolleyes:

White would NOT be a color I'd be interested in.

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

... a transparent lime green with silver trim... I'd be up for two!

What kind of color would you have in mind?

In my opinion the color should be different from what has been available so far so the transparent lime green should be different from those two:

http://www.ciar-roisin.net/photos/Sailor/Dandelion-02.jpg

and

http://www.ciar-roisin.net/photos/sailor/Hougado-01.jpg

I had something in mind like this material (including the metallic effect) but in lime green:

http://www.ciar-roisin.net/photos/sailor/SapporoDG-01.jpg

Also I'd be up for something crazy like the striped material used on the "Hanshin Tigers" LE (but than using some real colors.

Michael

PS: all images are impertinantly stolen, I mean borrowed from Phthalo's great blog "The Laurel Tree" which I discovered some days ago - Laura, many thanks for sharing those great pictures on your blog!

Wow... my pictures. :P

I am with Michael in thinking that a bright yellow-green or khaki or metallic olive of some kind would be wonderful. I already have all the white models. ;)

I believe Rose Gold would add considerable cost - $300 minimum, perhaps.

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

Wow... my pictures. :P

I really enjoy your blog with all those great pictures and pens! I always admire the ones which can concentrate on individual models that much. I keep on adding pens from so many different manufacturers and production years to my collection. But seeing a collection of one model in so many variations is great.

I really like the white one with rose gold trim and the Dandelion (especially because it comes with a special ink).

I am with Michael in thinking that a bright yellow-green or khaki or metallic olive of some kind would be wonderful. I already have all the white models. ;)

...yes, yes,.... :thumbup:

I believe Rose Gold would add considerable cost - $300 minimum, perhaps.

Would be OK for me for the large size model (are we talking about the large size model ???) - Euro vs. US $ conversion rate is making this affordable.

I'm really hoping for a rose gold trim!

Also we should consider having Sailor adding a custom mixed ink matching the pens color.

For a green pen I suggest looking at wikipedias Template:Shades of green:

• medium spring green
  • spring green
  • emerald
  • yellow green
  • chartreuse or
  • lime

Cheers

Michael

So is purple out as a color--like this from nibs.com?

John

So is purple out as a color--like this from nibs.com?

John

I don't like this kind of purple :( ...just my personal taste (I can imagine that's what people say about my green suggestions as well :roflmho: )

Cheers

Michael

I'm afraid that because of the "committee" effect we'll end up with a conservative color that will be least offensive to the most people! Actually, that's OK with me, as long as it's not one of the colors that Sailor already makes.

However, I must say that I really like the Hougado green pen pictured above!

Edited by Dr.Grace

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776

Purple or green are good for me. Pretty much anything but white, or black would be fine with me.

I'll throw this out as a remote possibility--what about a type of "candystriped" skeleton(demonstrator) model

as seen on vintage Conway Stewarts and Onoto pens(Also similar to vacs,but in more of a geometric fashion)?

I say remote because Sailor may not be able to do it at the same cost.

Just an idea............ :hmm1:

John

I'll throw this out as a remote possibility--what about a type of "candystriped" skeleton(demonstrator) model

as seen on vintage Conway Stewarts and Onoto pens(Also similar to vacs,but in more of a geometric fashion)?

I say remote because Sailor may not be able to do it at the same cost.

Just an idea............ :hmm1:

John

I like the idea of a striped model like the "Hanshin Tigers":

http://www.ciar-roisin.net/photos/sailor/Hanshin-02t.jpg

(thanks to Laura again)

...but this time in colors; any suggestions?

Also how do you like the idea of a solid color / metallic color cap, gripping section and blind cap on the end of the barrel BUT a color coordinated tinted demonstrator barrel?

Again Lime green metallic with a transaprent lime green barrel or some sort of either bright red metallic or ruby red metallic with a matching transaparent red barrel come to my mind?

The idea of a "candystriped" skeleton(demonstrator) sounds very nice but I don't know if Sailor has acces to such material. ...and I don't want to see any kind of material being reused from other manufacturers pens.

Cheers

Michael

More information regarding the color choices are here:

http://ujuku.ath.cx/ujuku-shop/kaimono/fou.../slim-ujuku.htm

standard =>$200x25=$5000

slim => $100x50=$5000,

slim mini => $100x50=$5000.

I think it's best to go with the standard size as only 25 is needed. And I don't think any transparencies are available.

If you have any suggestions, please also post a color sample instead of just mentioning the color so I can group it together and get it ready for a vote of some sort.

Edited by Betty
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I would probably be an odd one out since guys seem to rule the board more, but I kinda like this rose pink color

http://www.jetpens.com/images/pilot_ltl-3sr-rp_1.jpg

It's a shimmery color (sorta like how the Orange VP shimmered slightly when you look at it at an angle). A flat color would be ugly.

I do like that car's lime green because it was shiny in the sunlight. However, it it was made into a flat color on a pen, I don't think it would look as nice. Lamy Safari makes a lime green fountain pen very very similiar to the car's picture. Doesn't really look as nice in real life as it does in pictures.

http://www.sportscarcup.com/cars/green-lamborghini-murcielago.jpg

Edited by Betty

More information regarding the color choices are here:

http://ujuku.ath.cx/ujuku-shop/kaimono/fou.../slim-ujuku.htm

standard =>$200x25=$5000

slim => $100x50=$5000,

slim mini => $100x50=$5000.

I think it's best to go with the standard size as only 25 is needed. And I don't think any transparencies are available.

If you have any suggestions, please also post a color sample instead of just mentioning the color so I can group it together and get it ready for a vote of some sort.

Betty, can you post a list of the 50 available colors so we don't waste time on ones that aren't possible?

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776

I do like that car's lime green because it was shiny in the sunlight. However, it it was made into a flat color on a pen, I don't think it would look as nice. Lamy Safari makes a lime green fountain pen very very similiar to the car's picture. Doesn't really look as nice in real life as it does in pictures.

The lime green would need to be metallic! not solid lime green like the Lamy Safari.

Are metallics available?

Cheers

Michael

Betty, can you post a list of the 50 available colors so we don't waste time on ones that aren't possible?

I don't have a color chart. I asked for it twice already, so I think it's the most common 50 colors.