show us pics of your desk

davyr

I was playing around with my camera the other day and took a photo with candle light of a writing desk I inherited from my mom. My parents got it back in the 60s.

post-63583-0-35179000-1424401377_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shangas

• amberleadavis

• ZachWasniak

• Blade Runner

I was playing around with my camera the other day and took a photo with candle light of a writing desk I inherited from my mom. My parents got it back in the 60s.

attachicon.gif20150201-GT2_1578.jpg

That looks gorgeous- both the picture and the desk. :D

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

That is a wonderful picture & great looking desk! I am sure your Mother would be very pleased to see it looking so well loved & used. I also use a desk that had been my Mother's for 60+ years. She would NOT be pleased to see how I have cluttered it with ink bottles, wells & other things I like @ hand. She used ONLY Skrip Royal Blue & MIGHT have had an extra bottle in a drawer BUT would NOT have seen the need of additional bottles. ( I think you deserve an ink well for having & "keeping" such a great desk.)

That looks gorgeous- both the picture and the desk. :D

Thanks.

That is a wonderful picture & great looking desk! I am sure your Mother would be very pleased to see it looking so well loved & used. I also use a desk that had been my Mother's for 60+ years. She would NOT be pleased to see how I have cluttered it with ink bottles, wells & other things I like @ hand. She used ONLY Skrip Royal Blue & MIGHT have had an extra bottle in a drawer BUT would NOT have seen the need of additional bottles. ( I think you deserve an ink well for having & "keeping" such a great desk.)

Thanks. I also have my Dad's desk which was my grandfathers desk. But it won't fit in my 8x8 office like the writing desk. I have it in a cluttered office above my garage. My Dad used a Scheaffer fountain pen that the got in 1979. I actually found the receipt the other day, he had also bought me a Targa which I still have and use. I found 2 bottles of ink and his pen in the desk when we moved him. Unfortunately, I toss the Skrip bottles (late 70s) that had the lip inside. I was thinking you could still buy them. :( I was worried that they would leak. But I still have a blue Skrip that I got in the 80s.

Here's my grandfather at his desk around 1950:

post-63583-0-33469800-1424442703_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

There's a Stickley kneehole under there somewhere...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/hvpcno1/Desktop_zpsxqiejrrw.jpg

Edited by Recoil Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income. - Errol Flynn

Pelikan 100's, 200's, 400's, 600's & 805,s (Stresemann), Namiki Nippon Dragon, Montblanc 149, Platinum 3776 Music Nib, Sailor Pro Clear Demo, Montegrappa Fortuna Skull, Parker 75 Laque, 1946 Parker Vacumatic, Stipula Passporto, Kaweco.

post-118810-0-33023700-1428193641_thumb.jpg

I finally got my desk where I want it, and I'm all moved in! My daughter gave me the jewelry armoire next to it for an early Mother's Day gift. There's a small cabinet with a machinist's tool chest (from Costco) nearby, but it didn't fit in the picture.

Debbie

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Your desk looks GREAT! I know you must be excited to have everything "at hand" & you will certainly have fun filling up that jewelry chest.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Love this thread, surely there must be some more gorgeous desks out there for us to see :)

NIGEL

Exploding Ink Maestro

Pens: Caran d'Ache Leman Godron, Lamy Safari, Italix Parsons Essential, Mont Blanc LeGrande '90 years' Edition, Sigma Style, Italix Vipers Strike, Parker Sonnet, Omas 360, Parker Duofold (c.1950), Conway Stewart #286, Conway Stewart #24, Onoto Magna Classic in Chased Midnight Blue and SS Trim

Wow, nice desk and nice picture. First thought was to make it my windows desktop background ... Would that be allowed?

Ik ontken het grote belang van de computer niet, maar vind het van een stuitende domheid om iets wat al millennia zijn belang heeft bewezen daarom overboord te willen gooien (Ann De Craemer)

attachicon.gifrps20150404_171210.jpg

I finally got my desk where I want it, and I'm all moved in! My daughter gave me the jewelry armoire next to it for an early Mother's Day gift. There's a small cabinet with a machinist's tool chest (from Costco) nearby, but it didn't fit in the picture.

That's awesome!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Wow, nice desk and nice picture. First thought was to make it my windows desktop background ... Would that be allowed?

I don't mind.

I have a dedicated computer desk (not shown) and a dedicated writing desk that looks like this:

I start to breath slower just looking at this picture!

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

My very basic standing desk. It's easy to keep the floor clean around it!

Clearly it's mainly given-over to computing but on the small bottle-shelf, left to right: Aurora blue, Visconti green, Um er Quink blue, Visconti brown.

On the note-pad: Parker Sonette Ciselle and to the left thereof: Parker 45.

I'm learning various languages and other materials and use hand-writing as a rote-memorisation tool.

post-123135-0-80433000-1433505951_thumb.jpg

Wait, those look like the same desk... but the computer with the white keyboard has a black phone and the white phone is with the black keyboard? -- And good job keeping a clean desk! I'm sure my desk is somewhere under the stacks of papers.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Okay, we did this for a publicity shot for a new venture, but this is the conference room desk, with my files at my office.

post-74729-0-17255300-1434259286_thumb.jpg