• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neill78

• blopplop

• Signum1

• ProfMike

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great review. Enjoyed your presentation.

I have used this ink for a month now. Very pleased with it. Even got a compliment while writing names and dates at a travel agency because it is so noticeably black with a rich silky appearance and very white paper.

I put this ink in one of my fountain pens that typical flows a bit slower and is 'finiky' in the flow at different writing angles. This ink just made that pen into an instant shining star.

So if you have a 'finiky' pen try this ink.

My only disappointment is that it does not come in another colour...blue would be nice. So if any of you out there has any influence with Sailor put in a word for me.

Edited by LWB

A Fine Pen, a fine watch and new shoes to "boot"...ahhhh

My only disappointment is that it does not come in another colour...blue would be nice. So if any of you out there has any influence with Sailor put in a word for me.

Thanks for your reply. I have good news: Sailor has recently come out with a blue-black micro-pigment ink. I don't know much about it yet. Here is a link to a Japanese website advertising the new ink. It's called Bokusei.

Thanks for your reply. I have good news: Sailor has recently come out with a blue-black micro-pigment ink. I don't know much about it yet. Here is a link to a Japanese website advertising the new ink. It's called Bokusei.

Neill78,

Do you know what the shipping cost to Canada would be? The price listed from the link you supplied is the cheapest I've seen so far for the Blue Sailor Nano Ink.

Neill78,

Do you know what the shipping cost to Canada would be? The price listed from the link you supplied is the cheapest I've seen so far for the Blue Sailor Nano Ink.

A lot of these places don't ship internationally, but I fired off an e-mail to see if this place does. I found it on the Rakuten international site for 2100 yen, and shipping would probably be about 1500 yen on top of that.

I am thinking of ordering some for myself via my parents-in-law as they will be putting a box of stuff together for us soon. I've been thinking of ordering extra for those who want it, but I can't afford to front a lot of orders. Where are you located? With all the interest in Japanese stuff these days I am seriously considering starting an import agency...

What paper was this done on?

The first part was written on some custom office letterhead left over from my father's previous company. I don't know the manufacturer or weight. It is textured and was mostly used with a typewriter (before the days of office PCs). Works surprisingly well with FPs, except the texture is not ideal for handwriting.

The water test was done on HP Premium Laser 32#.

If Rakuten exports the ink outside Japan, I should not be liable for consumption tax in Japan. The price should be 2000 yens. As noted from my signature, I'm in Toronto. If you considering importing, you need to go to the source to avoid all the middlemen. If you can speak and read Japanese, then it's about establishing a rapport with the manufacturers. Good luck with the research regarding the import agency route.

If Rakuten exports the ink outside Japan, I should not be liable for consumption tax in Japan. The price should be 2000 yens. As noted from my signature, I'm in Toronto. If you considering importing, you need to go to the source to avoid all the middlemen. If you can speak and read Japanese, then it's about establishing a rapport with the manufacturers. Good luck with the research regarding the import agency route.

Rakuten is like Amazon, a collection of small companies that operate under a single web-based system. Each store has its own policies and shipping, so basically it's a matter of finding a store that will ship abroad. Unfortunately the Rakuten English version only represents a tiny portion of the stores, and there is no way that I can see to search by store. Still I have to give them credit for trying b/c direct international sales is a new concept over there.

Creating an agency has been on my mind for a while but it will wait until I'm done school. And I think FP stuff would be a very small item on my list! Right now I think most of this stuff comes through US agencies first, then through the Canadian agencies. It's likely that the US agencies even have to go through some kind of sub-company out of Japan (for language reasons etc), too, so Canadians are likely dealing with markups of 2 or 3 middlemen before it even gets into stores.

But if you want a bottle or two, let me know by PM, because I can order it and have it shipped to my in-laws in Japan, and then they will ship it with the rest of our care package. Consumption tax will apply and Japanese domestic shipping will likely be a portion of 500 yen.

Neill

Thanks for the wonderful offer. At the moment, I have more inks than I can handle. :) Once I get the vials shipment I can start trading for inks I don't have. :)

Answer: The company whose link I posted does not ship internationally.

any seller in the US carrying this ink? J

[/quote

Jetpens. $22.50 ($25 gets free shipping) I will try it next after my HOD runs out.

"Let us cross over the river and sit in the shade of the trees." Final words of General 'Stonewall' Jackson (d.1863) when killed in error by his own troops at the battle of Chancellorsville.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

That's a fast reply. Thanks Neill.

Such is Japanese service. Canada could learn a little something.

I purchased a bottle of the blue a few weeks ago from Engeika on ebay. It compares very favorably with the black, but it's not quite as smooth or as bleedthrough resistant (might get a dot or two depending on the paper). Still, an excellent ink. At the moment, these are the only two inks I'm using.

Now they just need to put out a nice green and a red. Maybe a purple, too. Oh, and a brighter blue. Perhaps even orange :rolleyes:

~Brian

"Mostly I just kill time, and it dies hard." - Raymond Chandler (The Long Goodbye)

• 10 months later...

Indeed a very tempting ink to get from Sailor.

Usually I like to ink pens with inks from the same country or manufacturer,

so I want to put this kind of inks in my Pro Gears. I'm keeping it away from

the demonstrator though. Far too precious to risk on this.

This ink can't stain a demonstrator because there are no dyes in the ink. The black comes from ultra-tiny particles of carbon. These will not stain plastic.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

This ink can't stain a demonstrator because there are no dyes in the ink. The black comes from ultra-tiny particles of carbon. These will not stain plastic.

I agree. I have used it in several demonstrators, most recently TWSBI.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Wow, firstly thanks guys, and secondly, it's great that this ink doesn't stain the pens.

I have heard about how some of these bulletproof inks are hard, or worse, impossible

to wash out from the innards of pens. I have for long been spying this black and I will

get it as soon as I get near a pen shop...