Lobbying for new Noodler's bulletproof purple!

kookychick

It's purpler than Violet Vote.

Seriously, it's less blue. It's also slightly darker.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiavonne

• kookychick

• Deirdre

• GardenWeasel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooh, I wonder if I could make a nice bulletproof plum with this by adding a red.

Writing instruments of the moment:

• Pilot Prera Fountain Pen in Vivid Pink XF (Levenger ink, Pinkly).
  • Uniball α-Gel Slim Pencil in Pink (0.3mm leads).
  • Pilot 742 Fountain Pen in Black with Falcon (flex) Nib, (Pilot ink, Black).
  • Nikko G Nib in the penholder.

Ah, nice. I bet that's a pretty color on good paper. :) Closer, maybe, to Waterman Purple or Mont Blanc Violet? Or even Socrates or La Coleur Royale?

The more ink I buy, the more I realize that I'm splitting hairs with a lot of them. I may have a bit of a fire sale of my inks soon... If I could get every color I wanted in just bulletproof/waterproof, I'd be a happy camper. I'm still waiting for the BP version of Ottoman Rose. :(

Anyone got a spare bottle to send to Spain?

PM me if you do, please :)

I don't want to have to wait until my (possible) trip to the USA next year!!

If what TheWritingSwede said is true, you might find it useful to buy from The Writing Desk. If they have placed an order, I am guessing they will sell the 1 oz bottle for £5.99 like the others... and postage to outside the UK but within the EU is £3.50 for the first bottle. So, it would come to £9.49 to ship a bottle of the lovely purple stuff... which in my mind is approximately €12.

Thanks, Calbei...I'll ask them if they are planning to get it.

Meanwhile a very kind member has promised to see if one can be sent from the US. :)

Yay, my 1000th post :)

Edited by rogerb

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

Anyone got a spare bottle to send to Spain?

PM me if you do, please :)

I don't want to have to wait until my (possible) trip to the USA next year!!

If what TheWritingSwede said is true, you might find it useful to buy from The Writing Desk. If they have placed an order, I am guessing they will sell the 1 oz bottle for £5.99 like the others... and postage to outside the UK but within the EU is £3.50 for the first bottle. So, it would come to £9.49 to ship a bottle of the lovely purple stuff... which in my mind is approximately €12.

Thanks, Calbei...I'll ask them if they are planning to get it.

Meanwhile a very kind member has promised to see if one can be sent from the US. :)

Yay, my 1000th post :)

Good news to those of us in the UK! The Writing Desk's range of Noodler's inks seems to have been growing over the past couple of months... and two of the latest additions listed are Prime of the Commons to preorder (which was previously only available at Niche Pens?), and La Reine Mauve to preorder.

Anna and Martin are simply fantastic! :D

I wasn't following this thread because I thought it would take years. Anyway, I have a bottle on hold at Swisher. I got two responses from my query. Chuck Swisher says they'll have it next week, and Jennifer Lee says 2 weeks. My translation is that they will have it in a week and will be able to ship within two.

Doug

Hello friends!

We have a few Noodler’s inks to give away. We just started selling them on JetPens.com but a few got damaged in our first shipment. But they are still in perfectly good, usable condition. We also plan on getting in more colors on our next shipment. You can read about the giveaway on this post here.

By the way, here's a beautiful picture we took for you to enjoy!

http://www.jetpens.com/images/PenPedia/Noodler_005.JPG

Thanks!

JetPens

JetPens.com - Japanese Pens and Stationery

http://www.jetpens.com/images/jetpens_logo.gif

Find us on Facebook and Twitter.

Can anyone compare La Reine Mauve to La Couleur Royale?

Am I detecting a French theme involving royalty here? ;)

Stephen

Current Favorite Inks

Noodlers La Reine Mauve Noodlers Walnut

Can anyone compare La Reine Mauve to La Couleur Royale?

Am I detecting a French theme involving royalty here? ;)

Stephen

I just got some La Reine Mauve, but I haven't inked a pen with it yet. I've been using La Couleur Royale exclusively for several months, so I'll be able to give you a good comparison tomorrow when I have time to try La Reine Mauve. I expect it to be much more purple. La Couleur is rather blue.

Karl

For some scanned examples of La Reine Mauve, you can also check this thread: Ink Comparisons, Scans & Tests: La Reine Mauve

If anyone has more comparisons to Violet Vote and other Noodler's purples, I'd love to see them.

Cheers!

C-C

Finally he said, "Well, the hours are good..."

..."So the hours are pretty good then?" [Ford] resumed.

The Vogon stared down at him as sluggish thoughts moiled around in the murky depths.

"Yeah," he said, "but now you come to mention it, most of the actual minutes are pretty lousy."

-- H2G2

I am embarrassed to show you my horrible handwriting, but here is a comparison for you

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/redhook88/fedoralounge/noodlerssamples.jpg

Edited by univibe88

Karl

I do not need more ink. I do not need more ink. I do not...ohmygodIneedthatink...I do not need new ink...

Yes you do. Yes you do. Yes you do....ohmygoditisawesome...yes you do... :roflmho:

Karl

I've been writing with it all day today out of a fine tip vanishing point that previously had Noodler's Polar blue in it, which didn't perform all that well so I thought it was a 'problematic nib' Well it wrote fine and stood out nicely for underlining in text books, margin notes, and other tasks. I'm really enjoying this color! Thanks to all concerned.

---

Ken

Just ordered 2 bottles from Passion4Pens, now I just have to wait until they get here. Diane has already claimed one. (Which is why I ordered 2 in the first place. ;-)

Looks like a very nice purple, I can't wait to see how it compares to my mix of Noodlers inks, using Inkommunicado's Russian Aubergine. Can't have too many purples.

Harry Leopold

“Prints of Darkness”

I am embarrassed to show you my horrible handwriting, but here is a comparison for you

Thanks for the scan! Looks like La Couleur Royale has more blue to it than La Reine Mauve - that's good to know.

Cheers!

C-C

Finally he said, "Well, the hours are good..."

..."So the hours are pretty good then?" [Ford] resumed.

The Vogon stared down at him as sluggish thoughts moiled around in the murky depths.

"Yeah," he said, "but now you come to mention it, most of the actual minutes are pretty lousy."

-- H2G2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my bottle of La Reine Mauve and want to report something weird. It feathers on Original Crown Mill. Other inks behave on this paper (like Tahitian Pearl, Gulf Stream Blue, FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown, and Luxury Blue), but not La Reine Mauve. And it behaves well on other papers (like Lalo Verge de France, Crane, Clairefontaine, etc.). I love the ink, I just can't use it on Original Crown Mill for some reason.

Anyway, one of my snailer will soon receive physical evidence of this anomaly, the rest will have to take my word for it, or experiment for yourselves.

Doug