Lobbying for new Noodler's bulletproof purple!

kookychick

New here, but although I'm waiting for a bottle of Violet Vote to become available, I'd be in for some bulletproof violet (1 bottle at least). I wouldn't mind it being called Tyrian blue, since the color precedes Marie Antoinette and is named for the city of it's origin. I wouldn't mind a picture of the mollusk that the color originally came from worked somewhere into the image, but rather than copy the exact color of the original dye, my chief concern would be that it flow well in very fine nibs and I would like it to be exactly the color of Kookychick's dreams. It's her passion that created this thread. I wouldn't even mind if it was called Kookychick's royal purple :) (pending her approval, of course) Afterall, it would be a failure if it didn't meet her desires.

---

Ken

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiavonne

• kookychick

• Deirdre

• GardenWeasel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about "The Purple Rose of Cairo". A movie by Woody Allen talking about one women who try to escape from her misery life by go to see one movie "The Purple Rose of Cairo" again and again. She watch the movie so often. Oneday, the film star responses to her dream and jumps out of the screen...

This movie pretty much fit the story here, except this time we know someone's dream will really come true. :rolleyes:

I was just perusing the interweb for ink recently, and stumbled across a so-far unreviewed Noodler's ink: Concord Bream. It seems like a fairly vibrant purple and is bulletproof... why haven't I heard of this stuff before? Would this take care of some of our criteria?

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince

Follow me on Twitter!

I was just perusing the interweb for ink recently, and stumbled across a so-far unreviewed Noodler's ink: Concord Bream. It seems like a fairly vibrant purple and is bulletproof... why haven't I heard of this stuff before? Would this take care of some of our criteria?

Are you sure it's bulletproof? I knew about Concord Bream, but I don't think it is bulletproof. I've seen scans of it, and I would want a little darker. It's listed with the standard inks on Pendemonium's site. It's also not marked bulletproof on Noodler's site. If it was bulletproof, it might be a viable choice.

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Hmmm...upon a quick search, I found Concord Bream being mentioned as bulletproof on goldspot.com (but the picture of the bottle is Noodler's Black), but nowhere else. It was my impression that it was one of Noodler's "standard" inks, not bulletproof. It's listed as a "standard" ink on Pendemonium's website, as well. I've also read that it's not as vibrant as it looks in some scans online--it's a pretty, pastel lavenderish-purple. It was described as "ghostly" in this thread, and was called "very muted" in this thread. It seems like a nice color, and if it was truly bulletproof, I would be very likely to try it. :) But it's not the color I've been longing for--ideally, I'd like something darker/brighter.

Edited by kookychick

Inks currently in pens: Noodler's La Reine Mauve, Rachmaninov, Prime of the Commons Blue-Black, Naval Orange, MN Whaleman's Sepia, Verdun Green, Majestic Orange; J. Herbin Violette Pensée, Rose Cyclamen, Orange Indien

Blog Twitter Facebook

How about "The Purple Rose of Cairo". A movie by Woody Allen talking about one women who try to escape from her misery life by go to see one movie "The Purple Rose of Cairo" again and again. She watch the movie so often. Oneday, the film star responses to her dream and jumps out of the screen...

This movie pretty much fit the story here, except this time we know someone's dream will really come true. :rolleyes:

One of my favourite movies.

Alejandro

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI0MzkzNDg1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDMyOTg5._V1._SX216_SY289_.jpghttp://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU3Mzg1MDczOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDI1OTM5._V1._SX273_SY399_.jpg

(from IMDB)

Next week should have the swatches to post right here....and an attempt at incorporating many of the label and name ideas.

It is the closest to conventional depth and the furthest from the pastel effect of most eternal colored (non-black) inks yet, as well as being cellulose reactive and repelled by plastic - so it rinses out as easily as Noodler's Black! I still wish ink could be made free - but the choice was between a really rich eternal purple...and a mild "pastel like" purple that cost much less. Is it better to always seek the cutting edge of the best ink possible for the least cost possible....even if a lesser ink would cost less? Hmmm?

I was too attracted to the best, as you'll soon see next week.

"The pen is mightier than the sword."

The pen could be mightier than the thief and the gun if it is filled with a bulletproof ink too!

May be available again soon, I hope...but not at the moment:

Specialty Fountain Pen Nibs - click here

Next week should have the swatches to post right here....and an attempt at incorporating many of the label and name ideas.

It is the closest to conventional depth and the furthest from the pastel effect of most eternal colored (non-black) inks yet, as well as being cellulose reactive and repelled by plastic - so it rinses out as easily as Noodler's Black! I still wish ink could be made free - but the choice was between a really rich eternal purple...and a mild "pastel like" purple that cost much less. Is it better to always seek the cutting edge of the best ink possible for the least cost possible....even if a lesser ink would cost less? Hmmm?

Thank you so much, Nathan! :wub: This sounds fabulous--not as pastel, yet rinsing out as easily as Noodler's Black? And eternal and rich? I can't wait to see the swatches--it sounds like you've really outdone yourself this time! :D

Thanks again! :)

Inks currently in pens: Noodler's La Reine Mauve, Rachmaninov, Prime of the Commons Blue-Black, Naval Orange, MN Whaleman's Sepia, Verdun Green, Majestic Orange; J. Herbin Violette Pensée, Rose Cyclamen, Orange Indien

Blog Twitter Facebook

This is fantastic news, Nathan! I can't wait to see what you have conjured up! And a true ink magician you are!

And my new LE purple VP is on its way to me, too. Yup, it is indeed a good day!

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Hmmm, maybe you should add some kind of kooky chick to the label, too. ;)

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Hmmm, maybe you should add some kind of kooky chick to the label, too. ;)

There is a queen on the label....to the side, a minor panel in a panorama...but it is not, ah - well...conventional or conservative. She is certainly not a Mata Hari - in fact she is in a full ball gown and quite elegant....yet there is a detail that is unusual and that I am certain no other company would ever put upon a product. Many users of Noodler's Inks are authors and artists. I believe they will be the pensters to appreciate the humor, though perhaps not as many members of any European aristocracy would find it as amusing.

Hint: the name is French - with perfect French structure and spelling....just for fun. ;-)

She also liked cake....

"The pen is mightier than the sword."

The pen could be mightier than the thief and the gun if it is filled with a bulletproof ink too!

May be available again soon, I hope...but not at the moment:

Specialty Fountain Pen Nibs - click here

My ultimate inky dream is to get bulletproof (or even waterproof) versions of Navajo Turquoise, Shah's Rose and Yellow so I can use them for CMYK mixing the way Limner did with the standard colours, but I know that's a pipe dream. I could console myself with a bottle of purple ink. It would be nice to have an interesting bulletproof colour. I only have Polar black and Lexington Gray right now.

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer, (1820-1903) British author, economist, philosopher.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I sent in my e-mail. Bulletproof isn't important to me but I love purple and you guys ROCK!

I'm behind you all the way....

Thoreau "for every thousand hacking at the branches of evil, there is one chopping at the root"

There is a queen on the label....to the side, a minor panel in a panorama...but it is not, ah - well...conventional or conservative. She is certainly not a Mata Hari - in fact she is in a full ball gown and quite elegant....yet there is a detail that is unusual and that I am certain no other company would ever put upon a product. Many users of Noodler's Inks are authors and artists. I believe they will be the pensters to appreciate the humor, though perhaps not as many members of any European aristocracy would find it as amusing.

Hint: the name is French - with perfect French structure and spelling....just for fun. ;-)

She also liked cake....

Oh, man, I can't wait to see this--has a week passed yet?! ;) I'm so excited that the label won't be boring! :thumbup: The French name is perfect--I took French for 7 years in grade school/high school, and love the language!

This kinda reminds me of French class in high school, when we mused whether or not we could get words like "merde" for our car license plates and if the censors would notice.... :D

And thanks for all the support, everyone--this ink is coming to fruition because you wanted this, too! :)

Blog Twitter Facebook

This is so cool! I sent email for one bottle much earlier - now I am wondering if I can get two!?!

I'm thinking the same thing! This is sounding like a fabulous ink. :thumbup:

Now for the waiting...

"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini

This is so cool! I sent email for one bottle much earlier - now I am wondering if I can get two!?!

I'm thinking the same thing! This is sounding like a fabulous ink. :thumbup:

Now for the waiting...

I am very much hoping that this ink will become part of Nathan's regular lineup, and that it will be available for a long time to come.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship