Pelikan Technixx

Randal6393

It seems a given to me -- anyone selling a fountain pen for $100 or more can make a pretty good pen. Yeah, I know, that is not always the case. But generally true. Or else the pen company is out of business soon. But imagine my surprise when I found a Pelikan pen offered for $30 plus S & H.

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/randalcarter/images/PelikanTechnixx001.jpg

Total cost: $50.00. (Well, you have to have a converter as well.) That's not all that much money as fountain pens go. But, isellpens has never let me down before.

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/randalcarter/images/PelikanTechnixx004.jpg

I ordered one with a Broad nib. What I got was a beautiful little pen, made of aluminum, that writes like a champ.

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/randalcarter/images/PelikanTechnixx003.jpg

The clip on the pen is spring-loaded. It consumed a whole thirty minutes to alter the nib to an italic tip approximately 1.0 mm wide. And the writing was smooth! Not so great out-of-box, but what pen is? But after conversion! Well, see for yourself.

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/randalcarter/images/PelikanTechnixx002.jpg

This pen, in two weeks, weaseled its way into my heart and is a mainstay of my writing. Loaded with Mont Blanc Royal Blue, I use it for eye-catching notes in margins, casual correspondence, and phone messages.

Edited by Randal6393

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randal6393

• ZeleniLav

• Imzadi

• Sandy1

I own one and use it daily.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember, amateurs built the ark.

Professionals built the Titanic.

It's the cat's meow. Just can't believe the performance of this little jewel. Yes, I use mine daily too, Imzadi.

So glad you responded to my review so quickly. Makes me feel loved and wanted.

I own one and use it daily.

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

A silver Technixx with a fine nib was my first 'serious' fountain pen, and in all these years, it's performed reliably. It is a bit too thin for my taste, though, so I don't use it so much any more.

The pen is only mightier than the sword if people can read, write and think – and there are no swords in reach.

- Julian Smith

I've got a red one. And this red Technixx put me into the way of fountain pen nuts... :headsmack:

I love to feel the weight and coolness of metal between my fingers. It IS pretty, and writes smoothly.

I've bought other FPs like Parker 45, Lamy Safari, etc. But every time I have to write something serious or take an exam, I go with Technixx. It never betrays me. :thumbup:

By the way I feel a strong urge to try MontBlanc royal blue ink.... boy, it looks very beautiful.

Because lies sound so nice

and like soil to seed

it goes to casting my fears aside...

- BT, 'Satellite'

It's a Pelikan--'nuff said! :thumbup:

aloofy, I just bought my first bottle of MB royal blue, and it's a fantastic ink. Very smooth with a nice calm blue, and occasionally a faint faint whiff of purple (hence, the royal part).

• 2 weeks later...

I just inherited a technixx from my husband. It didn't quite fit his handhold.

It's a bit heavy, but cool to the touch.

Sometimes I do a lot of writing for work. I look forward to using it.

Always like those Pelikans!

• 1 year later...

I've been going through quite a few of my 'lower-end' pens lately that I carry on a daily basis. The main problem is that the clips on most of these pens (Parker) are just a pressed piece of metal, and they get sprung WAY to easily. And then, once sprung, don't offer any way to get them back in shape without really torquing on the clip. I've been eyeing the Technixx for a while, and was curious what some of you who use this pen a lot have to say about the clip. It seems to be a big selling point for this pen, and looks almost bombproof. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome.

Aaron

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

• 2 months later...

i have a silver technixx, and it's a smooth writer for sure. the hinged-clip is also a nice addition. my only gripe is that i keep getting ink inside the inner cap, which then get onto the base of the grip section. without fail, i have to wipe the section in order to clean off the ink, and my PR American Blue is a doozy to get off the fingers. anyone else have this problem?

"Hell Verde Conquered."- Percival Harrison Fawcett

• 4 weeks later...

I've been going through quite a few of my 'lower-end' pens lately that I carry on a daily basis. The main problem is that the clips on most of these pens (Parker) are just a pressed piece of metal, and they get sprung WAY to easily. And then, once sprung, don't offer any way to get them back in shape without really torquing on the clip. I've been eyeing the Technixx for a while, and was curious what some of you who use this pen a lot have to say about the clip. It seems to be a big selling point for this pen, and looks almost bombproof. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome.

Aaron

I've noticed the same thing on my old Parker Jotter. The clip is bent out and I can't find a way to bend it back.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Oh, my! I'm sure glad this review got updated. I have been using my Technixx for over two years now. Doesn't seem like it -- it seems as if I opened the box just yesterday. Because of the smooth nib and the fact that the Technixx is a standard cartridge pen, my Technixx has become one of the standard pens I use to vet out inks. Still writes smooth and easy, loves any ink you put in it, and just keeps on going. Reminds me of the Energizer Bunny. But, what do you expect? It's a Pelikan product. And any Pelikan I have had -- from the very inexpensive Future to the M200 (high-end for me) has given great service.

So I currently have five Pelikans, all broad-edged italics. One of these years, I will have to break down and buy a Pelikan XF altered to full-flex by Richard Binder. But, then again, my copperplate is cooking along very well with Gillott 303 nibs in an elbow oblique holder. Interesting point: all five of my Pelikans have been bought through isellpens.com. So he has my vote for repeat pen-buying.

As far as ink, well, I love Noodler inks for daily use. But, then again, Aurora has such lovely hairlines ... And most modern inks seem to do pretty well. Guess I'm still searching for the perfect ink.

Even more than ink, paper is catch as catch can. Still love my Bagasse copy paper for daily work. (Go green!) Have some OLD papers laying around -- a generic laid-linen, half a ream of Southworth 100 % cotton typing paper. From an era when typing papers were really meant for use in a typewriter. And some other fun papers.

@Aaron: Pen clips are a real bearcat to cope with. The Technixx clip holds up quite well. Another good reason to have one in your pen box. Other pens with a similar clip are the Lamy 2000 and the Lamy Logo/CP1 series. Might check those out. They are smaller pens than the 2000 and -- for a Parker user -- may feel more comfortable.

Enjoy,

Edited by Randal6393

Yours,
Randal

I ordered myself a blue Technixx on Sunday after reading this review along with some others. Should be arriving on Thursday. :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

It's a pity that we can no longer see the images.

Hi,

I did a review, but it seems it wasn't indexed (yet). My link

The image links are intact at time of writing.

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.