Bic Easy Clic

kaissa

Hello fellow fountain pen lovers,

Here is my review of Bic Easy Clic fountain pen ( http://www.bicworld.com/inter_en/bdd/produ...?product_id=339 )

1. First Impressions - I was looking for a cheap pen for my sister-in-law. I wanted to see whether she can look after a pen, so something cute and cheap. I found Pelikano P460 pink for my wife, which I believe is a great value. Since this pen is not easy to obtain locally, and I wanted something different for my sister-in-law. I found this Bic fountain pen, of all places in a supermarket. This pen comes with two short international cartridges with blue ink.

2. Appearance & Finish - The pen is made of plastic. It is pink, which makes it more appelaing I think. The finish exceed my expectations considering how much I paid for it.

post-18733-1218963701_thumb.jpg

3. Design/ Size/Weight- This pen is on the smaller side of the scale. The cap is very compact, very similar to disposable Bic ballpoint pens. The length of the pen is 11,7 cm (4,6 inches) uncapped, 13,9 cm (5,5 inches) with posted and capped. The girth is 4,2 cm (1,7 inches) .

post-18733-1218963729_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1218963766_thumb.jpg

4. Nib Design & Performance- I estimate the nib is EF or F. There is number 1 printed under the nib. The nib is steel. You can see how it writes compared to Pelikano medium nib at the enclosed photo. It is dry writer.

post-18733-1218963777_thumb.jpg

5. The Filling System- The pen is short international cartridge fill only. I do not know if a converter will fit. The pen is broken into two to put the cartridge in. When you close the pen, the cartridge is already in the place. It is unique, maybe geared for children.

post-18733-1218963662_thumb.jpg

6. Cost/Value- The cost is approximately 7 USD. I got it at a local supermarket. It is well worth the money. I still like Pelikano P460s better, although they cost twice as much.

7. Overall Opinion/Conclusion- This is a pen that is great to introduce someone to fountain pens, and costs very little. One cannot go wrong with it. We had no problems with this pen for two months now. I would not use this pen daily, because of its size. With pink color, it looks like a toy. A mid teenager or a petite person would not have this problem. I will keep buying this pen to give as a small gift to people around me and would recommend it to others.

Sincerely

Verba volant, littera scripta manet.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreenVelvet

• Amal

• Nikhil

• buffalowings

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks cool!. And about perfect for a young girl if it wasn't for the fine nib... I like the way the cart loads, unique!. Unbeatable price......Thanks so much for the review....

Yes, my child would love it, at least for the color. I like the fact that the cap is made after the famous disposable Bic ballpoint.

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

This is a great review. I like the attention to details and that there are so many photographs. A really interesting pen. Perhaps it comes in a color other than pink?

About the pelikano 460, I am big fan of the ealier 450 and have but only 3 examples of this marvelous and sturdy school pen.

Thanks and best regards

• 3 weeks later...

if there was only a lime green verison i would go for it. nice review

I've been in the poem of many a poet,

And I reside in the art of many a artist

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

But only in Europe and Africa

A Proud 14 Year Old Fountain Pen User!

What I want:[/color]

Aurora Talentum

Pilot Custom 823 Amber Bought on 4.1.10

Lamy 2000

Omas Paragon

Sailor Realo

But only in Europe and Africa

Not sure about Africa...it's not here in Egypt...If I do find it I'll update u guys and if someone wants it I can help.

thanks for the review, but IMHO, BIC is a real monster, closing the sheaffer factory :crybaby:

Edited by buffalowings

I'm a little hot potato right meow

"no they are not making littler ponies, they are EMBRACING"

I opened a box of cheerios and planted them. I thought they were doughnut seeds. They didn't sprout :( (joke of the week)

I have a bic easy clic in blue. I keep it in my bag at all times for my 6 yr old grandson to use. It saves him wielding my more precious insrtuments around. Every time I take it out it works first time every time, and it writes a good line. Excellent stiff nib for a little paw to use. And, I get to use up all my free Diamine carts on him!

GreenVelvet - PM me and we can talk about getting one to you, if you'd like

I have a bic easy clic in blue. I keep it in my bag at all times for my 6 yr old grandson to use. It saves him wielding my more precious insrtuments around. Every time I take it out it works first time every time, and it writes a good line. Excellent stiff nib for a little paw to use. And, I get to use up all my free Diamine carts on him!

GreenVelvet - PM me and we can talk about getting one to you, if you'd like

I appreciate your offer, Tawanda - but thanks to a very generous guy, I've already got one!

very cool design. Thanks for sharing.

A man's real possession is his memory. In nothing else is he rich, in nothing else is he poor.

• 2 years later...

if there was only a lime green verison i would go for it. nice review

Here they sell it in a kind of acid green...which is not that great.

Anyway, I had some problems maybe related to the cartridge...ink went out form the junctures between the soft grip and the rest of the pen. Or, if it goes on, I'll ask to the shop.

• 2 months later...

I have a green one of these pens, and have been using it for a while now, and have had no problems with it! I did have a red one, which leaked along one of the joins in its body, but that has not put me off possibly getting another one in future!

Excellent review btw!

"Is this thing on??"

• 2 weeks later...

woah thats a lot of pink

that aside, nice review! I always love seeing reviews on cheaper pens.

http://i.imgur.com/EZMTw.gif "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" -Aldous Huxley

Parker 45 F, Lamy Safari EF, Lamy 2000 F, TWSBI Diamond 530 F, Reform 1745 F, Hero 616 F, Pilot Varsity F, Pilot 78g F,

I've got a blue one and its quite nice for a folded nib pen. It has a larger sweet spot than most folded nib pens, which was quite a surprise. I believe the nib is similar to Stypen nibs (which Bic now owns). The finish of the pen is quite clean and a lot seems to be have been spent on details and texture that is out of place for such a cheap pen.

Wonderful pen, great as gift potential!

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.”

Graham Greene