Pen Brands World Wide

Gerry

Turnstile, Made in England, Patent Applied For.

Does this count?

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/550/img0016a9wu.jpg

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gerry

• Lexaf

• Johnny Appleseed

• antoniosz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw a several pens at the Chicago Pen Show last weekend that I had not seen before with this name:

Yery Tryly Yours. - big celluliod O/S flattop. Not sure if it was someone's sub-brand.

I also saw and have in my collection several Ever-Ready pens. Also flat top celluliod.

I'm told this was a sub-brand of Eclipse.

Robert

Robert,

Was that the spelling you saw?

Gerry

OK Folks, the big revision. Added the newest names, added the contributors as far as I know them, and although not seen, the date of addition to the database.

Whew.

Gerry

Hi there, I posted asking for information on Kendrick& Jefferson pens as I have one, there is a Kendrick listed in the mega list but nothing for K&J does this count as a new brand. the pen I have is a very large lever filler in hard rubber with a K&J nib to match the size of the pen. I didn't notice 'The Dominion Pen' either but that might well have been me suffering from information overload, once again I have one of these and its another very large pen also made in England, it is a button filler in orange, its an early type plastic but whether it is Bakelite of not I wouldn't like to say. the cap and barrel end caps are black hard rubber, the cap end is knurled a la duofold, the nib in it is a large size Waterman Ideal.

I have been compiling a rather more modest list of my own for a few months and will trawl through it for any other brands that don't appear on the mega-list.

As an aside I am not 100% sure about what definition of brand is being used here as I was told many years ago by a well known pen dealer, retailer and repairer in Oxford that all the bird named pens by Mabie Todd, such as Swan, blackbird and the rest of the flock were marketed as brands and not just as models as there were some stores that didn't handle certain of them because Mabie todd didn't think that they were the right sort of place for their expensive brands. Cheers and all the best, keep up the good work. Oxonian

Thanks Oxo. B)

Up to this point, we're not being too critical regarding the list and names /models etc, as the first objective is to provide information on a pen from people like you with one who can add details. So, I will add the Kendrick & Jefferson name to the list as you have a confirmed sighting. Don't know about the Kendrick alone, but since it is possible, I'll probably leave it there for some time. No one comes up with a name after some unspecified length of time, it may get removed.

I don't know what to do with the Model / Brand dilemna except to encourage knowledgeable posters to contribute to the discussion here so a consensus may be reached. Again, it will be a gradual process adding / changing information, always based on replacement when it is felt that the new data is better. There may be times when it isn't possible to identify which opinion is the best or most correct.

Anyway, thank you for the info on the K&J, the Dominion Pen and Mabie Todd models/ sub-brands.

Gerry

Smiggle, Australia.

Mini fountain pens: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...1886&hl=smiggle

Pentel, Japan

http://www.office365.co.uk/Writing-Supplie...untain-JM20.htm

NINGBO BEIFA GROUP CO.,LTD oops, this one is already listed, sorry

http://www.commerce.com.tw/modules.php?mod...ide&ID=C0030023

Edited by kissing

MICRO CERAMIC CO., LTD, Korea (South)

CROWN BALL POINT PEN CO. (Korea South)

SHIN WHA SA CO., LTD. (Korea South)

TOP ENTERPRISE LTD. (Korea South)

MICRO KOREA CO., LTD. (subdivision of MICRO CERAMIC, Korea South)

A bunch of high-quality brands that make fountain pens in the Orient. These pens are widely used within Asia, but are seldom exported overseas though.

Here is the link that I found this list from http://www.ecplaza.net/ecdirectory/list.as...fountain+refill

Here we go again a few more brands, Everlast, a cheap US brand looks like the last sad products to carry the Conklin name, I found this one in a drawer, I had taken one look at it when it arrived as part of a job lot and had succesfully ignored it until now.

Hamilton, name on a really cheap looking pen in very brittle plastic, came in same job lot, found in same drawer as the thing above.

Hercules, name on a pen in bchr with 14ct warranted nib, thraeds on barrel end for secure posting, long thin thing, anything less like the image of Hercules is hard to imagine, only other one I've seen was listed on e-bay last week.

Howard-Baarn, a name on e-bay with very clear picture of name on clip, looked ok but i got beaten to it so I can't say more.

James, a brand of cheap pens from France.

Lexon, not too bad, decent iridium tipped nib from Germany, 1980's.

Linar, German, mass market piston fillers, no idea how old, I have several pens that look like the one with the name on it, usual plated, iridium tipped just post war, I think by comparison with other known pens.

Mauric, another French mass market brand, made a lot of advertising cheapies.

Minka, no idea where its from but the one I have is a small enamelled metal pen with good quality plated, iridium tipped nib, the whole thing is only just over 3 inches long, named on nib.

Mont Atalant, another of the German piston fillers, another e-bay picture very clear imprint, looked ok.

OMA by the Jewel Pen Co. UK, bchr, nickel plated clip, plated nib about 1920's-30's

and last but not least, the one that got away, I still have the box but he pen was stolen from the stall at an antiques fair, I picked the box up asked the seller how much was the pen, he told me, i opened the box and the the seller consternation and my disappointment the pen had been stolen, the seller described it and to this day I wish i'd got there before the thief, the description was mouth watering and if the quality of the pen matched the quality of the box it was a good one.

Sorry if I have rambled on a bit, but if the names count add them to the Megalist. all the best Oxonian

Sorry Gerry, I must have been wallowing in remembered despondency and associated emotions, well actually I just plain forgot, it was Scriptura and according to the label in the beautifully made box, it was Italian. All the best with the megalist, which incidentally sounds like something used to build Stonehenge, no that was megaliths wasn't it, anyway all the best with it, cheers Oxonian (or John to his friends)

Hi,

Allow me to add some Belgian pens, unfortunately none of them exists anymore.

- "Stabil" PF, made as from 1938 till 1974.

- "Pelletier" LF/PF

- "Mercury" LF, made as from 1939 till 1968.

- "Le Merle Blanc" BF/LF/AF (Mabie Todd for Belgian market)

I really appriciate this excellent listing initiative, thanks a lot !

Francis

Hi,

"The King" is another brand we missed. I don't think it is an Omas sub-brand, but it is Italian.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

In addition to Ingersoll, Charles there is

Ingersoll, Redipoint - completely different company. They were actually started by two Brothers who split off from The Robert Ingersoll and Bro. Watch company.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

Got 'em on my short list - will be added next major revision.

Thanks John, Francis, Dillon and Johnny.

Still need posts from people who will vouch for pens in the current list. Please consider all blanks as well as those offered by MP, since Max did say that his list contained pens that were suggested by others and not confirmed. We unfortunately don't know which ones they were. A confirmation would be valuable to the data integrity I would think. (the field for 'Contributor - Voucher is the one before the last comma delimiter - for those who may not know what I was referring to above, and is largely filled with MP for Max who submitted the initial lists)

Gerry

Edited by Gerry