:meow:

Hi KRZ,

Thanks for the pictures.

The Rocket pen is really splendid!

I entered the pens in the database.

Stylecraft

Morgan

Miller

Capitol by Aikin Lambert (NB Aikin, not Aiken)

Select-O-Point

Nice, all these were completely new entries!

Entered KRZ as a new contributor code.

If you'd ever find more (historical) info on these brands, please let me know!

Regards,

Lex

:eureka:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gerry

• Lexaf

• Johnny Appleseed

• antoniosz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:meow:

Hi John,

A link to another 'Record' fountain pen on ebay which gives a bit of historical information on the brand and it's ownership. It's actually a beautiful pen, and one I wish I could afford.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...66619&rd=1&rd=1

A very interesting pen and an interesting piece of information indeed!

Did you also look at their website: http://www.italianfountainpenacademy.it/ ?

If you (and all other readers of this topic..:) ) did not do it already, please do so now! Beautiful site, stunning examples of restauration, marvellous pens for sale (for who can afford it :drool: ). And, last but not teast, new info for the 'big list'

(always hunting for new brands!).

Enjoy, and thanks again for the tip John!

Lex :eureka:

P.S. I added the relevant part of the description + picture to the list!

Lex :)9 :)9

Edited by Lexaf

• 2 weeks later...

Lex

Just been brousing the spanish site and there's some really interesting info there. If you look at his pen collection theres another link to a site which states that 'Mentmore' was actually originally a 'Platignum' brand.

The site has a lot of links within it to explore.

Have fun laugh.gif

• 1 month later...

Another two for the list:

Manufacturer: DUCHESSA (Montegrappa sub-brand).

Model: Unknown.

Description: Ladies - Pink-Red Celluloid. Button-filler example. 125mm capped. 14K Flexible nib imprinted with a crown motif then "Duchessa", "585", "Osmio" and "3". Barrel imprinted "Duchessa", "Made in Italy By P.C.M."

Manufacturer: MELBI (Merz & Krell).

Model: Hetko-Original.

Description: Black Chased Celluloid with BHR cap-end, grip section, barrel-end and blind cap. Piston-filler example (with patterned ink-window). 132mm capped. Semi-flexible Gold-plated Palladium nib imprinted with "Palladium", "Echt Vergoldet", and "Osmi". Also stamped "1107", "M" just before blind cap. Quality (upper-middle tier), and akin to Matador and Osmia offerings from this era.

Ornate clip, underside stamped DRGM (Patent mark for German manufacture before 1945) and cap band. Clip finial of oak leaf and two acorns, cap band with scrolled oak leaf motif.

I know Melbi / Merz & Krell exist in the list, but the Hetko-Original was made by Melbi for a dealer or similar, and as a result, the pen has no identifying marks for Melbi manufacture.

post-22-1174221021_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phthalo

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

• 2 weeks later...

I know Lex is busy at the moment, but he does intend to get back at some time.

Another brand is 'Norma' or 'Fend-Norma'

Apparently they were primarily a 4 color pencil manufacturer based in NY.... but I now have in my possession a 'Norma' button fill fountain pen. Quite a substancial black plastic pen with a nice flex 14K nib ! Not a cheap pen at all in my opinion.

The following link gives a bit of history.

http://www.rickconner.net/penspotters/norma.pencils.html

I'll try to get a decent photo to post.

QUOTE (Gerry @ Feb 2 2006, 08:41 AM)
Here's a list that continues from the one started by Max. Please feel free to add to it as you wish. I'll try to keep it up to date.

I am from Argentina. When I was a child (more than 30 years ago mad.gif ) we had to carry fountain pen to school. Ballpens were not allowed.

We did have factories of Sheaffer and Parker, and among the local brands "Silvapen" and "3 0 3" (the last one was a guy that took the name of a famous nib from mid 1800s. His son is Mario Pergolini, currently a TV and radio producer, who also presents his own emissions).

Unfortunately I don't know where to look for more extensive data (as how many pens were produced, years of production, exact location of the factories, etc.).

I hope this had been useful with the database building.

Rgds.

In case of emergency: Just shout loud and run as fast as you can.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lafeyplumas/ group for enthusiasts in Argentina. Subscription is moderated, messages aren't.

Next month I am going to Spain for a couple of days then to Turkey for 5 days. I always make a point of checking FP. I was disappointed in Argentina last year. I have never been to Turkey so it would be nice to see if they have different brands too.

Eric drool.gif

QUOTE (cerebrex @ Mar 27 2007, 08:43 PM)
Next month I am going to Spain for a couple of days then to Turkey for 5 days. I always make a point of checking FP. I was disappointed in Argentina last year. I have never been to Turkey so it would be nice to see if they have different brands too.

Eric drool.gif

I am sorry you were disappointed in Argentina. I wish you a better luck in Spain and Turkey, and in Argentina, if you ever come back here. May I ask you why have you been disappointed? If you think this is not going to help someone else in the forum please e-mail privately to martintrucco@ubbi.com

Rgds.

Martin

In case of emergency: Just shout loud and run as fast as you can.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lafeyplumas/ group for enthusiasts in Argentina. Subscription is moderated, messages aren't.

Hello All,

A couple of "new" brands, courtesy of eBay.

Up top: a single image of what looks to be a BCHR pen from the 1920s. The imprint reads "REO Self Filling Fountain Pen Co., Brooklyn, NY." In those days, I believe, Brooklyn was a city of its own, rather than a borough of New York City.

Below: four images of a "Style King" fountain pen (model "700"). No indication as to country of origin, but I'd vote for the USA. As for the decade, I'd guess late 40s/early-mid 50s.

Cheers,

Jon

post-22-1175640337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Univer

QUOTE (antoniosz @ Mar 24 2006, 06:54 PM)
Ok one more:

Hauk and Gross of Chicago

Which became simply Gross Pen after hauk departed (I've got a Gross Pen Co ringtop).

Dave

"Premo" - made by Henry Lederer and Bros. Inc. They were busted and served with a "Cease and Desist" order by the FTC in 1924 for imprinting nibs with the words "Premo 141 Warranted" in a way that tried to pass itself off as 14K when they were not. See this example on ebay Premo 141

So:

Premo* Henry Lederer and Bros. Inc. * USA* 1920s* LF* (can't remember the rest of the fields)

Also

Warnerman - another Waterman rip-off - "WARNERMAN NON-LEAKABLE" see this Ebay auction - Early Hard Rubber Fountain Pen with Original Box!!

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

"Premo" - made by Henry Lederer and Bros. Inc. They were busted and served with a "Cease and Desist" order by the FTC in 1924 for imprinting nibs with the words "Premo 141 Warranted" in a way that tried to pass itself off as 14K when they were not. See this example on ebay Premo 141

So:

Premo* Henry Lederer and Bros. Inc. * USA* 1920s* LF* (can't remember the rest of the fields)

Also

Warnerman - another Waterman rip-off - "WARNERMAN NON-LEAKABLE" see this Ebay auction - Early Hard Rubber Fountain Pen with Original Box!!

John

FUN STUFF. THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME POST :)

While we are on the subject of new pen name via eBay.

There was a pen listed on eBay last week with Keystock in block letters down the clip and Eclipse written in the oval at the top of the clip.

It is definitely an Eclipse sub-brand, it not only had Eclipse on the clip, it had the Klein clip and the gap-toothed feed.

I met to post a link here but was called out of town, then my 'high bid' was out bid.

But, it's a pen that is not seen very often.

Robert