Parker Duofold Chocolade Pinstripe

klemenv

Initially I wanted to buy Moresi No.2 pen from Tom Westerich. This is the pen, made from very same celluloid as Delta Venezia. By the time my birthday arrived, Moresi was sold out. So I decided for Parker Duofold as I wanted to have something that would remind me as a piece of history. I am studying my MSc in Finance, so Pinstripe colour goes together. It is kind of "banking theme". It also looks "professional". As I already had Omas pen, I wanted Duofold, because it has similar arrow designed nib. Kind a "want to try original" feeling.

http://static.flickr.com/38/92678620_db34b6f031.jpg

I bough this pen from Jean Michel Lewertovski, who was kind enough to order custom nib from Sanford for me. I have asked for italic nib and I have received fine italic nib #98.

http://static.flickr.com/12/91436838_3fedcba4f5.jpg

Nib is fantastic. Variation of line is great, almost crisp. Nib however, it is rather cursive italic. As Richard and John are living on other side of Atlantic, this nib is as good as it gets. Feed is plastic and is probably only thing, that I would change. This combo works best with PR inks.

Finish of the pen is great. I am a little spoiled, I miss celluloid. But other than that, finish is great. Black colour on both ends are making bold statement.

Both, pen and BP were sent in massive walnut box. Some may thing it is over the top. Personally, I was glad, as I didn't have any box to store pens. At the same time, I would be reluctunt to pay list price.

It is standard Converter/Cartridge pen. Converted doesn't hold a lot of ink. On the other hand I like black section around the nib. It makes life much easier compared to Omas or Tibaldi.

This pen has become my personal everyday writter. Partly, because it was my girlfriend gift, partly, because nib is just awesome.

http://static.flickr.com/22/92678586_a6b3227dfd.jpg

Here is my rating:

Finish: 4,5 nibs

Apperance: 5 nibs

Nib: 5 nibs

Filling: 4 nibs

Price: 4,5 nibs

Edited by klemenv

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• klemenv

• wimg

• chainwhip

• maia

On the other hand I like black section around the nib. It makes life much easier compared to Omas or Tibaldi.

Wonderful review as usual klemenv - I think we have similar tastes when it comes to pens... :)

Can you clarify how a black section makes life easier than OMAS or Tibaldi? I'm not quite sure I follow you there.

Geaux Tigers! Visça el Barça!

WTB: MB Kafka, Lamy Safari 2009 Orange, Pilot MYU (Black or Clear/White Stripe), Seiko FrankenTuna SKZ253 / SKZ255

Hi Klemenv,

Thank you very much for a very nice review! Maybe I should have the nib on my Duofold changed as well :D. That one is just the house and garden black variety, though.

I still think I prefer the Omas Arco Brown, to be very honest :D. I am a celluloid man, too :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Chain, it is much easier to wipe off ink from black resin than from celluloid. But than, black section would be just ugly on Paragon.

Maia, first ink is Noodler Blue. Very rich, "true" blue ink with exellent flow, that has some serious smearing problems with Clairefontaine and Rhodia paper. Second ink is Diamine Prussian Blue.

Wim, me to. Side by side, celluloid has much warmer look and feel.

Great review Klemenev - thanks for sharing. That nib photo is great - I can actually see the curvature of the nib with it being a cursive italic.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Congratulations on your Duofold, klemenv! It is a handsome pen, and that nib looks like it is fun to write with. Thanks for posting your review and the lovely photos, too.

Now, how does the matching ballpoint (I am assuming it is the matching pattern) write? :D

Edited by Maja

Hi Klemenv,

What a nice review and pics!!!!I like the pinstripe pattern.It looks great.Man you make me hungry,I want that Rafaello chocolates :drool: Thanks a lot man.

Take Care,

Emrecan

Greetings from İstanbul

the pen is in my avatar is LAMY Studio Palladium 14K

• 1 year later...

Very nice review with great opening shot. I like the composition. Thanks, I've always wondered about these newer Duofolds since my last one was a centennial orange with the older flat top ends. Looks like chocolate pinstripe is a winner.