The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker Duofold Chocolade Pinstripe

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 klemenv

klemenv

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 19:10

Initially I wanted to buy Moresi No.2 pen from Tom Westerich. This is the pen, made from very same celluloid as Delta Venezia. By the time my birthday arrived, Moresi was sold out. So I decided for Parker Duofold as I wanted to have something that would remind me as a piece of history. I am studying my MSc in Finance, so Pinstripe colour goes together. It is kind of "banking theme". It also looks "professional". As I already had Omas pen, I wanted Duofold, because it has similar arrow designed nib. Kind a "want to try original" feeling.

Posted Image

I bough this pen from Jean Michel Lewertovski, who was kind enough to order custom nib from Sanford for me. I have asked for italic nib and I have received fine italic nib #98.

Posted Image

Nib is fantastic. Variation of line is great, almost crisp. Nib however, it is rather cursive italic. As Richard and John are living on other side of Atlantic, this nib is as good as it gets. Feed is plastic and is probably only thing, that I would change. This combo works best with PR inks.

Finish of the pen is great. I am a little spoiled, I miss celluloid. But other than that, finish is great. Black colour on both ends are making bold statement.

Both, pen and BP were sent in massive walnut box. Some may thing it is over the top. Personally, I was glad, as I didn't have any box to store pens. At the same time, I would be reluctunt to pay list price.

It is standard Converter/Cartridge pen. Converted doesn't hold a lot of ink. On the other hand I like black section around the nib. It makes life much easier compared to Omas or Tibaldi.

This pen has become my personal everyday writter. Partly, because it was my girlfriend gift, partly, because nib is just awesome.

Posted Image

Here is my rating:

Finish: 4,5 nibs
Apperance: 5 nibs
Nib: 5 nibs
Filling: 4 nibs
Price: 4,5 nibs

Edited by klemenv, 29 January 2006 - 19:15.

Sponsored Content

#2 chainwhip

chainwhip

Eastside Derailleur Mangler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 19:18

On the other hand I like black section around the nib. It makes life much easier compared to Omas or Tibaldi.

Wonderful review as usual klemenv - I think we have similar tastes when it comes to pens... :)

Can you clarify how a black section makes life easier than OMAS or Tibaldi? I'm not quite sure I follow you there.
Geaux Tigers! Visça el Barça!
WTB: MB Kafka, Lamy Safari 2009 Orange, Pilot MYU (Black or Clear/White Stripe), Seiko FrankenTuna SKZ253 / SKZ255

#3 maia

maia

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2006 - 20:07

Looks class, it IS class. Nice review btw. What ink are you using on it? /:)

#4 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2006 - 20:17

Hi Klemenv,

Thank you very much for a very nice review! Maybe I should have the nib on my Duofold changed as well :D. That one is just the house and garden black variety, though.

I still think I prefer the Omas Arco Brown, to be very honest :D. I am a celluloid man, too :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#5 klemenv

klemenv

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 20:47

Chain, it is much easier to wipe off ink from black resin than from celluloid. But than, black section would be just ugly on Paragon.

Maia, first ink is Noodler Blue. Very rich, "true" blue ink with exellent flow, that has some serious smearing problems with Clairefontaine and Rhodia paper. Second ink is Diamine Prussian Blue.

Wim, me to. Side by side, celluloid has much warmer look and feel.

#6 southpaw

southpaw

Museum Piece

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 21:58

Great review Klemenev - thanks for sharing. That nib photo is great - I can actually see the curvature of the nib with it being a cursive italic.
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

#7 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:24

Congratulations on your Duofold, klemenv! It is a handsome pen, and that nib looks like it is fun to write with. Thanks for posting your review and the lovely photos, too.

Now, how does the matching ballpoint (I am assuming it is the matching pattern) write? :D

Edited by Maja, 30 January 2006 - 05:25.

Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#8 emrecan

emrecan

Pleasure in writing.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 16:22

Hi Klemenv,
What a nice review and pics!!!!I like the pinstripe pattern.It looks great.Man you make me hungry,I want that Rafaello chocolates :drool: Thanks a lot man.

Take Care,
Emrecan
Greetings from İstanbul
the pen is in my avatar is LAMY Studio Palladium 14K

#9 Tinta Paca

Tinta Paca

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 15:37

Which italic nibs are comaptible with Duofold Pinstripe Chocolate International? I have one with medium nib and I'd like to change it to OM. The nib is never used. AFAIK Sanford has a nib exchange program, but I don't know that every Parker dealer should change the nib.

#10 Brian

Brian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 18:32

Very nice review with great opening shot. I like the composition. Thanks, I've always wondered about these newer Duofolds since my last one was a centennial orange with the older flat top ends. Looks like chocolate pinstripe is a winner.

Sponsored Content

|