WTB: Pelikan M805, blue stripe

wacomme

I would like to keep the price under $200. I prefer a fine nib, but will consider medium.

Please PM me. Thank you.

Michael Chamberlin

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wacomme

• cmenice

• penmanila

• xmattxyzx

I would like to keep the price under $200. I prefer a fine nib, but will consider medium.

Please PM me. Thank you.

Does anyone have this pen for sale?

Michael Chamberlin

I think it will be tough to find this pen at that price point. Especially since Pelikan has raised prices recently. Best of luck though.

Please PM me. Thank you.

So what's a good price to offer? I'm very interested in buying this pen.

Michael Chamberlin

a quick google check shows it selling for $335 online; on ebay, a seller offers it (buy-it-now) for $309; there's another auction going on for another 805, now at over $150 with five days remaining:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...&category0=

this suggests to me (and just to me) that it'd be hard to find a new 805 under $250, if ever. it's possible (i just got a brand-new M600 on ebay for less than $150), but you'd have to look actively or wait very long for it, and you wouldn't be alone.

Please PM me. Thank you.

Check out my blog and my pens

a quick google check shows it selling for $335 online; on ebay, a seller offers it (buy-it-now) for $309; there's another auction going on for another 805, now at over $150 with five days remaining:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...&category0=

this suggests to me (and just to me) that it'd be hard to find a new 805 under $250, if ever. it's possible (i just got a brand-new M600 on ebay for less than $150), but you'd have to look actively or wait very long for it, and you wouldn't be alone.

Please PM me. Thank you.

You are addicted to Pelikans!

I own a M200 with a Binder 30 degree right-foot oblique cursive italic nib which I love for Chancery Italic writing (it's great for my lefty writing) and I have a White Tortoise with a Dillon Ang 7 degree left-foot oblique stub nib. While I love the way the White Tortoise writes, I'm not overly thrilled with the color scheme of the White Tortoise. Recently I had the opportunity the check out the M800 in Denver at Paradise Pens. What can I say. I fell in love. I've always been enamored by the blue stripe M805 so now I want one. To fund the purchase I'll likely sell my White Tortoise.

Edited by wacomme

Michael Chamberlin

You should contact Pam at Oscar Braun Pens. She has the best prices I've seen on new M800 pens. Good luck.

I have, and while the price is much better than retailers, it's still very expensive. Is there a cheaper solution before I pull the trigger with Pam?

Michael Chamberlin

i don't know what else to suggest after trotting out the figures: wait some more? that's the only cheaper option down the road. once in a while someone gets desperate or impatient or just plain impulsive (remember that M800 that sold here for $117--gone in a few seconds? i did get my brand-new M800 on ebay in 2006 for about $165--but that required constant monitoring and lots of prayer). how often does that happen, though? my modest proposal: sell the farm, bite the bullet, and grab that M800 or M805 ;) then think of ways to earn all of that back (heck, that;s what i do all the time!).

Edited by penmanila

Check out my blog and my pens

$200 will be very tough. I just bought the M800 red stripe over on PenTrace for $200, that I thought that was a good price. I'd expect you'd be very, very lucky to find an M805 for less than $250.00

Don't sweat the nib width. Chartpak will swap the nibs for a nominal fee; I've done it several times.

Skip

Please PM me. Thank you.

Skip Williams

www.skipwilliams.com/blog

$200 will be very tough. I just bought the M800 red stripe over on PenTrace for $200, that I thought that was a good price. I'd expect you'd be very, very lucky to find an M805 for less than $250.00

Don't sweat the nib width. Chartpak will swap the nibs for a nominal fee; I've done it several times.

Skip

Please PM me. Thank you.

Thank you for your replies. I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a new pen from Pam. I'll help defray the cost by selling my White Tortoise and then there's eBay — there's always something to get rid of around the house.

Michael Chamberlin

Skip

Please PM me. Thank you.

Thank you for your replies. I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a new pen from Pam. I'll help defray the cost by selling my White Tortoise and then there's eBay — there's always something to get rid of around the house.

Is Pam Braun the best deal going for this pen?

Michael Chamberlin

Hi,

Never bought from her, but if you live in the USA her prices on a lot of pens are hard to beat from a reputable dealer.

I am sure others will confirm this, so why take the chance on an ebay (or similar) purchase just to save an extra few dollars.

Andy

I haven't found an M800 sized pelikan cheaper than what Pam sells them for. She has great service and fast shipping too.