Parker 61 flushing

Bob Cratchet

I received my first Parker 61 in the mail yesterday, and after heeding all the warnings about sonic cleaners and losing the little silver arrow, I was super cautions.

I LOST THE DUMB THING ANYWAY!

I don't even know how, it was there when I went to bed, was missing when I woke up. The front section and capillary filler were stuck in about an inch of water in a shot glass, nib up of course. I searched all over the desk and floor around the desk, but apparently it grew wings and flew into some time/space black hole. If it "fell" out, it would be laying right there on my desk, it's not. It had to have "popped" out, and flew into oblivion.

I'm gutted, and my OCD is making my face contort and twitch every time I think about it.

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get either a replacement arrow, or a whole gray hood complete with arrow, I promise to stop crying.

Edited by jdllizard

John L

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jdllizard

• SMG

• Fermata

• Mangrove Jack

I received my first Parker 61 in the mail yesterday, and after heeding all the warnings about sonic cleaners and losing the little silver arrow, I was super cautions.

I LOST THE DUMB THING ANYWAY!

I don't even know how, it was there when I went to bed, was missing when I woke up. The front section and capillary filler were stuck in about an inch of water in a shot glass, nib up of course. I searched all over the desk and floor around the desk, but apparently it grew wings and flew into some time/space black hole. If it "fell" out, it would be laying right there on my desk, it's not. It had to have "popped" out, and flew into oblivion.

I'm gutted, and my OCD is making my face contort and twitch every time I think about it.

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get either a replacement arrow, or a whole gray hood complete with arrow, I promise to stop crying.

Forget stopping crying. The same happened with me. The dame thing just vanished. Eversince I am trying to find one. I am now thinking whether a goldsmith would be able to make one for me.

Edited to add :

Mine was gold on a GT pen.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Forget stopping crying. The same happened with me. The dame thing just vanished. Eversince I am trying to find one. I am now thinking whether a goldsmith would be able to make one for me.

Edited to add :

Mine was gold on a GT pen.

It's as if evil pen trolls sneak in at night and steal them just to drive us insane.

John L

The arrows were made from gold and silver obtained from ancient Egyptian tombs. They have a curse on them.

The arrows were made from gold and silver obtained from ancient Egyptian tombs. They have a curse on them.

Well there's our problem!

The hood is in pretty bad shape anyway from shrinkage and plastic warping and distortion, but I didn't mind since the arrow was still intact. I'm hoping if I live long enough I'll eventually find a better replacement hood, complete with arrow. Maybe even a NOS one if I offer the proper sacrifice to the pen and or Egyptian gods that have cursed us.

On the plus side, the pen does write very well, with what must be an extra fine nib. Certainly the finest nib of all my pens.

John L

If some one can find a repairman that can make the arrows, I think many of us will order a few of them either to repair our pens or to have spare ones. Wishfull thinking?

If some one can find a repairman that can make the arrows, I think many of us will order a few of them either to repair our pens or to have spare ones. Wishfull thinking?

I have only seen one satisfactory repair for the replacement of the arrow, I think that the problem is twofold, mainly the arrow will sit proud of the shell, its also a shame that Parker didnt use Lucite, for the shell at least being more stable.

The shell looks ok if the recess is smoothed out, better than a shell with a missing arrow, final look is a P51 shell.

I still prefer the word dart as more descriptive but I appear to be in the minority - as usual.

Edited by Parkette