The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

More Ink Scans

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Deirdre

Deirdre

Stipula Ventidue Ti Nib Adoption Agency

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,122 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 23:46

Here's some additional ink scans of inks I've received since I last did a batch of scans. Some of these are just samples, and some I have bottles of. As always, they can be found tagged with "inkscans" on my Flickr page.

These aren't calibrated scans, but I'm about to send them off to someone who can calibrate them.

Edited by Deirdre, 27 July 2008 - 04:36.

deirdre.net
"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Sponsored Content

#2 Deirdre

Deirdre

• Member - Gold

• 10,122 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:37

Updated to include second photo instead of first photo a second time. wallbash.gif
deirdre.net
"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

#3 Melnicki

Melnicki

M.Melnicki

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:43

so, i know the Lakeshore Spruce sample came from me, but mine doesn't look so yellow! everything else you got from me looks accurate, though...

and I suppose I'll be the first to say, THANKS, THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! KEEP EM COMING!!!

Edited by Melnicki, 27 July 2008 - 05:44.

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)
CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl

#4 Deirdre

Deirdre

• Member - Gold

• 10,122 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:50

QUOTE (Melnicki @ Jul 26 2008, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, i know the Lakeshore Spruce sample came from me, but mine doesn't look so yellow! everything else you got from me looks accurate, though...

Huh. I had made sure to shake them all, but the ink before it was bluer, so I'd expect any error to be on the bluer side rather than yellower.
deirdre.net

#5 Melnicki

Melnicki

M.Melnicki

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 21:34

oh dear, i just suffered from "Your MONITOR May Vary" for the first time! I'm so sorry. It looks fine today on my laptop screen (though it looks like it wrote a little dry), but when I wrote that yesterday, I was at home and looking at it on a CRT. Forgive me for opening my mouth so soon and hastily!!

And I further back up that the other colors I gave (Djinn, Empire, Intense, SM Burg, Goldfinch, Verdun) all look incredibly accurate. Same goes for the Stip "Blue", Reed Green, and Tsuki Yo that I have samples of.

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)
CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl

#6 PenTieRun

PenTieRun

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2008 - 22:54

Deidre, thanks for these scans. You've done a few of these in the past, if memory serves. I just gotta ask: how many bottles of ink do you have at home? I'd love to have such variety thumbup.gif

#7 QM2

QM2

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 23:07

Cool, you've scanned the Standardgraphs! It is great to see them in relation to other brands. I find the Reed Green to be unique compared anything else I have seen by other brands. And it flows well in all my pens. The Forget Me Not blue I find to be similar to Herbin Bleu Myosotis, but more vibrant.

#8 Deirdre

Deirdre

• Member - Gold

• 10,122 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 23:52

QUOTE (PenTieRun @ Jul 28 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deidre, thanks for these scans. You've done a few of these in the past, if memory serves. I just gotta ask: how many bottles of ink do you have at home? I'd love to have such variety thumbup.gif

This pretty well covers it, though I've sold some and bought some since then:

deirdre.net

#9 Pippin60

Pippin60

Still tilting at windmills

• Member - Gold

• 2,334 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 23:59

These reviews are great and I've tried an ink or two that come from the samples posted. Just curious does anyone use a note book or journal? I keep a journal that I just use for my own ink reviews. I apply a sample with a cotton swab, and a written sample of the ink recording the pen used etc. I don't have too many as I use cartridges as much as I use bottled. happyberet.gif

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.
- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

#10 Deirdre

Deirdre

• Member - Gold

• 10,122 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 00:14

I don't really do ink reviews. I just play and post a pic.

It's not that I wouldn't do an ink review, I just feel like I haven't really figured out all my biases enough to write one well.
deirdre.net

#11 Taki

Taki

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,619 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 00:24

Thanks for the photos, Deirdre. It's very interesting to see the unusual inks like Noodler's Singapore series etc. Does Blaze Orange shade like Noodler's Apache Sunset? I still have 80% full bottle of Apache Sunset, but just curious smile.gif

#12 Deirdre

Deirdre

• Member - Gold

• 10,122 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:07

I've never tried Apache Sunset, so I don't know for sure. There is some shading, but not a lot. My recollection from seeing other things in Apache Sunset is that that's got remarkable shading.
deirdre.net

#13 Taki

Taki

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,619 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:21

QUOTE (Deirdre @ Jul 28 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never tried Apache Sunset, so I don't know for sure. There is some shading, but not a lot. My recollection from seeing other things in Apache Sunset is that that's got remarkable shading.

Yes, Apache Sunset does show great shading. If Diamine does not much, I guess I don't have to get another orange ink for now biggrin.gif Thanks, Deirdre.

Sponsored Content

|