Central Penn Pens autumn meeting

FredRydr

well, I certainly had a great time. I need to apologize to Jim, I was totally distracted by another's chilton collection, to give my full undivided attention. I hope you can understand, and forgive. Not often in life you get to see such a spectacular chilton collection.

Anyway, another great meet. I was able to get rid of some heavy, and/or large bulky stuff. Sold a few items, met some new people. Abby was with me and made some new friends, I also got to say, thanks to those who were Abby's friends for the day. She said she had a great time, and wanted to know when the next time we get to have a club meeting. Luckily, I don't have a new kitten.

I will add that if anyone gets a chance, check out the pens coming from India, thru Steve, I was thoroughly impressed with the quality, feel, and style of the pens. I think that if you get a chance, check one out.

http://www.chiltonpens.com/images/displaystyle.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FredRydr

• OldGriz

• Rick Krantz

• Titivillus

These are terrible photos sorry!

Do notice the small private CHILTON CLUB Meeting in the back Left :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Edited by luckygrandson
AWN%252520ADD.jpg

I had a great time! Learned a lot about Sheaffer and Targas as well from Jim's excellent presentation. Also picked up a lovely 3556 nib (which I'll have to see about having straightened) and some ink, a converter and a gorgeous leather pen case. (And got rid of three blank books --- hope the new owners enjoy them!)

My congratulations to Fred for a wonderfully successful meeting.

It was great to meet people and put faces to on-line personas. Thanks! Looking forward to the next meeting, and hope those who couldn't make this one are there then.

Looking forward to Steve Braun's presentation!

William

I'd like to thank everyone for their hospitality! The "Chilton club" certainly wasn't consciously trying to private (although anyone without an interest in Chilton's may have found us a bit boring), and I hope that anyone with an interest in Chilton pens had a chance to take a look at the set I brought. It's very rare that I get a chance to talk to someone with Rick's encyclopedic knowledge of Chilton pens, or to see some of the very rare pens that he had with him. I think that once Rick and I started talking and passing pens back and forth, we entered the "Chilton Zone". Notice the slight warp in the space-time continuum at the left rear of the photograph :happyberet:

I'd like to thank everyone for their hospitality! The "Chilton club" certainly wasn't consciously trying to private (although anyone without an interest in Chilton's may have found us a bit boring), and I hope that anyone with an interest in Chilton pens had a chance to take a look at the set I brought. It's very rare that I get a chance to talk to someone with Rick's encyclopedic knowledge of Chilton pens, or to see some of the very rare pens that he had with him. I think that once Rick and I started talking and passing pens back and forth, we entered the "Chilton Zone". Notice the slight warp in the space-time continuum at the left rear of the photograph :happyberet:

that explains that wierd purple tinge to Steve's pics!

I had a great time. Something I love to do is talk chiltons

I need to find the time to get my presentation finalized for the Philly pen club meeting in October.

http://www.chiltonpens.com/images/displaystyle.jpg

I need to find the time to get my presentation finalized for the Philly pen club meeting in October.

Sorry I couldn't get to Harrisburg, but look forward to seeing you in Philly in October!

-Tom

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

• 11 months later...
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PANPOD/24772~Railroad-Bridge-Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-USA-Posters.jpg

Hello everyone!

The next meeting of the Central Penn Pens will take place on Saturday, 13 September 2008. We'll gather at 1:00PM in the back room of Café Fresco, 3352 Paxton St, just east of Harrisburg. This location is like the hub of a spoked wheel of major roads, and is easy to get to from I-81, I-83, I-76 (Pa Turnpike) and US322.

Our tentative presenter will be Jim Rouse, who is the organizer for the Philadelphia Pen Shows and works for the new Sheaffer USA organization. Many of you knew him as proprietor of the Bertram's Baltimore store. (Jim doesn’t know this, but he pushed yours truly down the road of this fountain pen hobby.)

We'll have pen collections and the opportunity to trade, buy or sell. Then there's the ink swap to try new brands and shades that you would never consider before, and without spending a dime. After all, your unwanted ink is another writer’s treasure, so bring those dusty bottles along.

At the last meeting, I brought home three new pens. A newbie was given two or three pens to get him hooked, too.

Watch this space for more information, updates, freebies and whatnot. Please contact me with ideas, offers and questions.

Fred

http://www.gadgettastic.com/wp-content/2008/04/st-dupont-fountain-pen-usb-key-1.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PANPOD/24772~Railroad-Bridge-Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-USA-Posters.jpg

Hello everyone!

The next meeting of the Central Penn Pens will take place on Saturday, 13 September 2008. We'll gather at 1:00PM in the back room of Café Fresco, 3352 Paxton St, just east of Harrisburg. This location is like the hub of a spoked wheel of major roads, and is easy to get to from I-81, I-83, I-76 (Pa Turnpike) and US322.

Our tentative presenter will be Jim Rouse, who is the organizer for the Philadelphia Pen Shows and works for the new Sheaffer USA organization. Many of you knew him as proprietor of the Bertram's Baltimore store. (Jim doesn’t know this, but he pushed yours truly down the road of this fountain pen hobby.)

We'll have pen collections and the opportunity to trade, buy or sell. Then there's the ink swap to try new brands and shades that you would never consider before, and without spending a dime. After all, your unwanted ink is another writer’s treasure, so bring those dusty bottles along.

At the last meeting, I brought home three new pens. A newbie was given two or three pens to get him hooked, too.

Watch this space for more information, updates, freebies and whatnot. Please contact me with ideas, offers and questions.

Fred

http://www.gadgettastic.com/wp-content/2008/04/st-dupont-fountain-pen-usb-key-1.jpg