Who is leading this forum now ?

garythepenman

Can anyone advise who is leading this forum ?

Regards

Gary

A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• garythepenman

• Admin

• Carrie

• andyr7

Maxpen is indeed no longer around. We have not replaced him because the admin team has been considering doing away with the Conway Stewart Forum. We wanted to tackle the restructure of the forums first, which has been accomplished. Any thoughts would be welcome.

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

As a vintage CS collector I would hate to see the forum dissappear.

Gary

I'd hate to see it go as well, but given how quiet a forum it is I can fully understand why you're considering dropping the forum.

David Wells has a fabulous CS collection, however I want to stay on FPN, you are all such a nice bunch.

Gary

I have sent David an e-mail. He lives in Canterbury, Kent, England which is where I grew up. Small world isn't it.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am sorry that I have not replied earlier, preparing for the annual LA pen show seems to have eaten a little too much of my time.

My name is Mary Burke and I am going to play a very active role in the Conway Stewart forum for modern pens.

To give a little background, I have been working in the industry since 1993 (wow the years go past too quickly!) My first role was working with Classic Pens in the UK. It was very apparent that there was a need to set up a subsidiary office in LA, which I helped to organize and decided to moved from the UK to the USA. It has been a fun and educating time getting involved with the design, selling and marketing of the CP series and assisting Andreas Lambrou with the publishing of Fountain Pens of the World and Fountain Pens USA and UK.

Soon after I moved to Washington State in 2004, I began working for Conway Stewart. My role is sales and development of new products, which again is very exciting. I have contact with Conway Stewart on a daily basis which often means that I start work early as the UK is eight hours ahead.

I met my husband through working in the industry -- you may know him, Bill Riepl -- photographer, owner of Stylophiles magazine on line and pen collector. The cool thing about marrying somebody who is in the industry and a collector is that (1) 'the' collection doubles overnight and (2) he understands the beauty of the fountain pen.

If anybody needs to contact me by email my address is: maryburke@conwaystewart.co.uk

I will help as much as possible with answers concerning our new Conway Stewart pens and will also post information of our new launch so you are aware of the developments of this company.

With kind regards,

Mary Burke