• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• deependra

• subbu68

• manupandeyji

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought this pen today from Pen Hospiital Kolkata in Rs 75/=.($1.2)(24, July 2015).But this is not the exact model we used to have in our school days in late nineties in India .That pen was heavier and shorter.This is Slim and lighter.

• 1 month later...

I bought this pen today from Pen Hospiital Kolkata in Rs 75/=.($1.2)(24, July 2015).But this is not the exact model we used to have in our school days in late nineties in India .That pen was heavier and shorter.This is Slim and lighter.

Hi Panu, Good to hear that you bought Camlin 47.. Can you please let me know if you can find one for me. Actually I have one but with broken nib.. It would work if I can a matching nib for Camlin 47..Thank you

Edited by Srini

Hi Panu, Good to hear that you bought Camlin 47.. Can you please let me know if you can find one for me. Actually I have one but with broken nib.. It would work if I can a matching nib for Camlin 47..Thank you

This is pen is available easily in Kerala (cochin and Trichur) if you are somewhere there.

The quality seems to have taken a hit now. This used to be a prestigious pen to own when I went to school (35yrs ago). Now I had to open at least 10 of them to check and got two pieces with the nib in proper position and the clip straight. The shop keeper also said that's the case with all Camlin lower end pens now.

Regards

Subramoniam

• 2 weeks later...

This is pen is available easily in Kerala (cochin and Trichur) if you are somewhere there.

are FPs still compulsory in Kerala schools?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

are FPs still compulsory in Kerala schools?

It looks like they are going back to FPs now.

I happened to meet a head master of a school this time when I went to Kerala and he said FPs are returning.

Even a local stationery shop lady who stocks Camlin Elegante said the stock they got in June was finished in a month.

Since you visited the pen hospital (Pen House) in Cochin and are familiar with that area, there is a large stationery shop near it named St. Francis De Sales Press. I went there when the search for Elegante drew blank in my town (Aluva) and they too said stock exhausted. In my second visit I could get a couple of them.

Regards

Subramoniam

It looks like they are going back to FPs now.

I happened to meet a head master of a school this time when I went to Kerala and he said FPs are returning.

Even a local stationery shop lady who stocks Camlin Elegante said the stock they got in June was finished in a month.

Since you visited the pen hospital (Pen House) in Cochin and are familiar with that area, there is a large stationery shop near it named St. Francis De Sales Press. I went there when the search for Elegante drew blank in my town (Aluva) and they too said stock exhausted. In my second visit I could get a couple of them.

Good to hear this. Yes I did visit the St. Francis De Sales Press, bought some fount ink from there. I have mentioned this shop in my Cochin thread. Its been 5 years now.

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 5 months later...

Ugh, why does firefox say this when I try to visit their site ...

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.camlin.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Ugh, why does firefox say this when I try to visit their site ...

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.camlin.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

The answer is in post no 55 of this thread.

Best

Hari

• 2 months later...

Heyyyy!

I am a student, and am considering to buy this pen. But can anyone please tell me if the nib is wet? I like dry nibs, like the Parker Vector. And even if it is a bit wet, does it bleed through paper? Thank you in advance :D

Regards,

thathanos02

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I recently bought a "new" Camlin 47, and almost destroyed a nib attempting to smooth it. It has become a broad nib. Can someone please help me source a new nib for the pen?

Hello everyone, I recently bought a "new" Camlin 47, and almost destroyed a nib attempting to smooth it. It has become a broad nib. Can someone please help me source a new nib for the pen?

have you asked the shop you bought the pen from? generally the shops keep nibs too.

• 1 month later...

Hi I am new to the Forum.. And maybe too much late.. The pen really is amazing. I bought 1 for myself for less than $1 at a store near me. Shop Owner also had 2 Titus demonstrator Eyedropper Pens also. But I was without any more cash at the time, So had to leave. :wallbash:

Hi I am new to the Forum.. And maybe too much late.. The pen really is amazing. I bought 1 for myself for less than $1 at a store near me. Shop Owner also had 2 Titus demonstrator Eyedropper Pens also. But I was without any more cash at the time, So had to leave. :wallbash:

welcome to FPN. Better late than never. Happy to hear that the 47 continues to be available.

welcome to FPN. Better late than never. Happy to hear that the 47 continues to be available.

Thanks Hari. Wish to learn More from All of The PenMens available here..

My Camlin 47 just wont suck up ink any suggestions.

:blush: :gaah:

Edited by deependra

Do you see the piston moving up and down as you rotate the knob?

If the pen is old, or new old stock, the piston might need some lubrication.

Unscrew the section. ( front of thr pen). Take a thin steel rod which is sturdy. Like the handle of a thick crotchet hook. Now insert into the mouth of the barrel. And push the piston. While continuing to push the piston, unscrew the piston knob. The whole assembly will come out.

Wipe away old sticky grease. Apply silicone grease on piston seal. Else pure Vaseline wil also be ok on this pen.

Screw piston shaft onto the knob and just thread it in to the barrel from behind.

Screw thd section on.

Done!

Do you see the piston moving up and down as you rotate the knob?

If the pen is old, or new old stock, the piston might need some lubrication.

Unscrew the section. ( front of thr pen). Take a thin steel rod which is sturdy. Like the handle of a thick crotchet hook. Now insert into the mouth of the barrel. And push the piston. While continuing to push the piston, unscrew the piston knob. The whole assembly will come out.

Wipe away old sticky grease. Apply silicone grease on piston seal. Else pure Vaseline wil also be ok on this pen.

Screw piston shaft onto the knob and just thread it in to the barrel from behind.

Screw thd section on.

Done!

The piston washer is damaged. Can something be done.