Hero pens - do they take cartridges?

scrollpoint

My question is simple:

Can Hero pens use cartridges?

I'm interested in the Hero 329 (Old School Star Trek) and Hero 710 (Blue Rubber Cross look-alike). Both pens come with converters. I'm wondering if they'll take cartridges, too, in case I go traveling and don't want to mess with ink bottles.

Thanks for any input you can offer.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scrollpoint

• RLTodd

• zer0render

• edbollix

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya,

Dunno about the Hero 710, but the old Hero 329 that I used to have had a permanent squeeze-sac filling system installed. Pulling out the metal cage with strength (bad idea for most other situations) only revealed the clear plastic sac. I know for a fact, however, that a good number of Hero pens (lesser-known or mentioned models) do use cartridges, either Parker (older) or international (newer) style.

Hope that didn't dissuade you out of the 329! The one I had was great, and I regret selling it (at least it went to another FPNer!)

Cheers,

Anthony :)

- zer0render

(Ink Trading - My List)

the old Hero 329 that I used to have had a permanent squeeze-sac filling system installed.

Thanks for the info!

Hope that didn't dissuade you out of the 329! The one I had was great, and I regret selling it (at least it went to another FPNer!)

Nope, didn't dissuade me at all. Sorry to hear about your 329. What color was it?

Some do some don't.

The Old style and the New style 329 have non removable filling systems. You stick the nose in ink and squeeze, count to five, and repeat five or six times.

The 710 is indicated in the advertising as having a removable converter. Probably a squeezed once converter or twist it out and stick in a Parker or Aurora ink cartridge.

Best of luck.........

YMMV

RLTodd, thanks for the response. I've never used a squeeze converter before, but according to your description, it doesn't sound too difficult to use. Parker cartridges are easy to find here, so it's good to know that they work in the 710.

I have both of these pens and use them all the time. As far as your question... The 329 is squeeze fill and that's it. The 710 would likely use cartridges but the piston it comes with holds a LOT of ink and the pen is a very fine point. The 710 lives in my planner and I use it daily and put ink in it about once a month. Both nice choices. BTW the squeeze on the 329 older version works very well.

..... it doesn't sound too difficult to use. Parker cartridges are easy to find here, so it's good to know that they work in the 710.

Pretty sure most all of the Hero pens that are cartridge use the Parker / Aurora cartridge. AIR, the Hero factory is the old Parker China factor that was confiscated by the ChiComms. For some reason they tend to pattern a lot of their post confiscation designs on Parker lines.

Fountain pens are easy to use. They just tend to be fiddly and a bit messy. The biggest problem modern people have with them is learning that the pens will write by their own weight, no pressure is needed like with ball point pens. Pressure is not good because when excessive it can spring the nib.

good luck

YMMV

The current 329's that I have for sale will not take C/C, either.

But the Hero 257, which I also sell, comes with converters and could take cartridges just as well.

--John

the old Hero 329 that I used to have had a permanent squeeze-sac filling system installed.

Thanks for the info!

Nope, didn't dissuade me at all. Sorry to hear about your 329. What color was it?

It was a nice maroon colored 329... ah well. Picked up a user Parker 51, and I'm fairly happy with that too. ;)

Cheers, Anthony

- zer0render

(Ink Trading - My List)