Parker VP vs Parker 75

goodguy

Parker vs Parker

These are 2 pens that are connected to each other.

They use the same nib technology but the VP is a step between Parker 61 and the Parker 75.

As some know the VP had a very small success with the public and after few short years Parker stopped making this pen.

The basic designed of the capped pen looks like the Parker 61, this designed has its roots in the Parker 51, it’s a very functional design even though I wouldn’t call it classic or amazing.

This pen has few revolutionary things about it.

It uses a filler that doesn’t need to be wiped after filling.

You simply take the plastic filler out of the section stick the tube in the ink then press the bar few time stick the filler back in the section and you are good to go.

A great design but sometimes the ink would dry and when you pulled the tube out it would break rendering the pen useless because you can’t use it as a C/C filler.

Another 2 inventions are the triangle section and swivel nib.

Parker designed the section so your 3 fingers that hold the section grab it in a very natural manner. The nib will turn so the user can find the best and most comfortable position to his/her liking.

When thinking about it this pen is quite smart and I am very sorry Parker couldn’t solve its small teething problems.

This could have been a true classic in the FP history.

Instead Parker did the next best thing they threw the filler out and put a regular C/C filler.

They took the section and nib and designed a very classy looking pen around it.

So which pen is a better writer ?

Both pens have an identical nib but you can’t switch between the 2 pens.

You screw in the nib on the VP and one on the 75 you push it in so on the surface they indeed look identical but I like the nib arrangement on the 75 better. It’s easier and more comfortable to swivel the nib or replace it.

The VP is slightly longer (about 5mm) and just a tad wider.

Both pens feel very comfortable in the hand but I do like the VP in the hand simply because it is a bit longer and I really do like long pens.

The section is as noted almost identical and once you adjust the nib to the right angel it is very comfortable and natural.

These nibs are very smooth and stiff, I love this nib both when I write with it and when looking at it. It’s very different from Parker’s older nibs but it looks modern and functional. Both nibs write a bit on the dry side and I really love a wet nib so I would be happier if Parker designed these nibs to be wetter.

Summery

So which one do I like better and why ?

Tough one to answer. I love both pens and collect them both.

The design of these pens is so different and they do feel very comfortable writing but the 75 looks much more modern and classic.

Personally I would choose the VP because the one thing it has and the 75 doesn’t and that’s its filler. I was always a sucker for a non C/C filler and I guess I am a bit of a snob. Other then that these two pens are almost identical in the way they write and feel.

If you don’t mind a C/C filler and like a more modern design then the 75 should be your favorite.

post-2027-1215390616_thumb.jpg

post-2027-1215390622_thumb.jpg

post-2027-1215390628_thumb.jpg

post-2027-1215390634_thumb.jpg

post-2027-1215390640_thumb.jpg

Respect to all

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

Popular Days