• Bill Smith

• MikeW

Top Posters In This Topic

it's just that i live 5 minutes away from the hilton :headsmack:

Oh well there is always next year.

Respect to all

• 3 weeks later...
Is Richard Binder coming?

Richard as far as I know is not attending. If you are looking to have nib work done, or any pen repairs Sean or SMG on the board here will be there doing both. He does great work at a fair price, and if you need work done I would certainly get in touch with him. He in fact may need to have a waiting list this year!

Pearce.

Glad to see the post for the Toronto show up here at the top of the board, I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

I was a little disapointed to miss the Detroit show so it will be nice to attend and buy/sell at a show again. I know there will be a few of the local retail pen stores that will have tables and sell new/newer pens with a few vintage pieces. Terry Shepherd and myself will have a nice selection of vintage pens including a whole bunch of Duofolds, Vacumatics and 51s. Sean Grosse will be there repairing pens and will also have so spectacular pens for sale! It should be a great show, and if you are anywhere close to Toronto I'd urge you to come out. It's always nice to meet local collectors!

Pearce.

Is Richard Binder coming?

Richard as far as I know is not attending. If you are looking to have nib work done, or any pen repairs Sean or SMG on the board here will be there doing both. He does great work at a fair price, and if you need work done I would certainly get in touch with him. He in fact may need to have a waiting list this year!

Pearce.

I too highly recommend SMG (Sean Gosse).He fixed many of my pens and always does an amazing job.

Cant wait for the Show :puddle:

Its 1 month 4 days 4 hours and counting :bunny01: :bunny01: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Oh Pearce any chance you have a Snork Demo with no cracks ? ;)

Edited by goodguy

Respect to all

Thanks all for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

I will be not only doing repairs, but nib GRINDING as well as nib alignment :clap1: . I did a pile at the Detroit show, and had some very happy clients.

I will also have on hand a supply of ready ground M200 Pelikan nibs with a few left unground for customer choice while at the show.

Cheers,

Sean

PenRx is no longer in business.

As Sean said, "there is more in those talented hands." He is now grinding nibs which means, those who want their pens tuned, or have that broad turned into a stub or oblique no longer have to send their pen across the border.

Sean has tamed a couple of my pen nibs and they perform great, so my pens go down the 401 to Kitchener-Waterloo for repair and re-hab.

Edited by Bill Smith

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

• 2 weeks later...

Close to 2 weeks to go Torontonians and other GTA people,get your cheque book ready for the BIG spend !!! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Edited by goodguy

Respect to all

This will be the first time that I will be attending the Toronto Pen Show. To those who have attended before can you please provide some details regarding the range of exhibitors that have attended this show in the past. I am particularly interested to know whether there are (m)any exhibitors of vintage fountain pens that have or will be attending.

Thanks,

Moravia

Want to Buy:

Vintage filigree overlay FPs

Hey Moravia,

I don't know the exact number but I do know that there will be several folks with vintage pens for sale.

Philip

www.scriptusinc.com

I will have a decent selection of Vintage pens as well as some limited editions for sale. There are a couple of others who I know will be bringing vintage pens, penpalace here on FPN is one. Also Lih Tah Wong will be there with a pile of Parker 75's as usual. If Aaron Svabick shows up he has a pile of vintage as well.

As the show is being sponsored this year, I am pretty sure that modern pens will also be well represented. I recall Parker and Waterman being there last year, as well as many modern pens from the Toronto pen stores and a few from Montreal pen shops.

I hope that the fellow with all the paper shows up again, cannot recall his name at the moment.

Cheers,

Sean

PenRx is no longer in business.

This will be the first time that I will be attending the Toronto Pen Show. To those who have attended before can you please provide some details regarding the range of exhibitors that have attended this show in the past. I am particularly interested to know whether there are (m)any exhibitors of vintage fountain pens that have or will be attending.

Thanks,

Moravia

Hi Moravia,

Sorry for the radio silence, to answer your question, there is a strong mixture of new and vintage pens at the Toronto International Pen Show. Parker/Waterman have their own booth to show off pens which can be purchased through Laywines, Sleuth and Statesman and Boutique du Stylo (apologies if I got my french grammer off). As for vintage dealers, Aaron Spivik, Sean Gosse (or new nib grinder), PenPalace(Pearce), Lih Tah Wong and other private dealers will have plenty of vintage pen to choose from. Note Bene from Montreal will be down with stationary from a variety of suppliers and Heinz will be back with a variety of vintage pens and new pen cases.

Also, shortly there will be an exciting announcement for TIPS, look for it here and in the handwriting section of FPN.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

Thanks,

Moravia

Hi Moravia,

Sorry for the radio silence, to answer your question, there is a strong mixture of new and vintage pens at the Toronto International Pen Show. Parker/Waterman have their own booth to show off pens which can be purchased through Laywines, Sleuth and Statesman and Boutique du Stylo (apologies if I got my french grammer off). As for vintage dealers, Aaron Spivik, Sean Gosse (or new nib grinder), PenPalace(Pearce), Lih Tah Wong and other private dealers will have plenty of vintage pen to choose from. Note Bene from Montreal will be down with stationary from a variety of suppliers and Heinz will be back with a variety of vintage pens and new pen cases.

Also, shortly there will be an exciting announcement for TIPS, look for it here and in the handwriting section of FPN.

OH Bill I am DROOLING :puddle: cant wait for thqt show to arrive.

Respect to all

Does anyone know if a Nibmaster will be at the show? I have a M-nib on a MB Chopin that i would like tweaked to Fine-Medium tip.

Thanks,

Paco

Thanks,

Moravia

Hi Moravia,

Bill,

Thanks for the information. Looking forward to the show.

Moravia

Want to Buy:

Vintage filigree overlay FPs

Not sure I can lay claim to that monkier, but I will be grinding nibs at the show. :)

Cheers,

Sean

I will testefy Sean is a great pen tech,many of my pens went through his hands with great satisfaction.

Respect to all