The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Recommendation for Mechanical Pencil?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,555 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 18:02

Edited by Beechwood, 08 September 2012 - 18:05.

Straight roads do not make skilled drivers

Sponsored Content

#42 CaptainGroovy

CaptainGroovy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Location:St. Somewhere Northeast of Disorder, or Rockville Maryland
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:00

I am a lover of the Rotring 600 however the 700 or 800 has a coupe of niece features the first is they are supposed to spin the lead to keep it sharp and have a cushioning mechanism in them to help avoid breaking the lead. I also like the old Parker Douofolds but most of them have thick lead in them but that is part of the reason I like them.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Benjamin Franklin

#43 benjer2023

benjer2023

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:26

I have found that the rOtring Pencils are very good for people who are looking for a good, reliable mechanical pencil 

website>>  http://www.rotring.com/us/

#44 Sergio 46

Sergio 46

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2016 - 19:06

Rotring 600 and Lamy Scribble, this one very nice for sketching, in 0.7 mm or 3.15 mm .

#45 dip_n_flow

dip_n_flow

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2016 - 22:13

Rotring are well-known for their quality products.

But I would recommend a Faber-Castell Grip 1345 (0.5mm), Poly Matic or Grip 2011 (got a big rubber but is 0.7mm). They are available in various colours like green, blue, silver, blackberry etc.

I made good experiences with the Mars micro 775 from Staedtler. Their Mars graphite 760 looks also nice and got a big rubber. -Who can resist having an god of war in his/her pencil case?

"Wears not everything that inspires us the color of the Night?" (Novalis)

Sponsored Content

|