The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan M405

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Photojoe4

Photojoe4

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 16:19

Aesthetics- I purchased the black/blue striated pen, and I absolutely love the way it looks. Simple and elegant. I like the little details like the pelikan clip, and the narrow trim ring. My one complaint is the silk screened logo, which I think cheapens the look of the pen.

Nib- It has a fine nib, which seems to me to be a medium-ish fine. It flows quite wet, though, so with less pressure, it writes more like a true fine. I may try an EF nib for comparison at some point.

Weight/Length- This is the lightest of all my pens, and it's also one of the shortest. That being said, the light weight actually makes it very comfortable to write with, and the short length allows it to fit in my shirt pocket quite well.

Filling System- This is my first piston filler, and I really love how simple and reliable this system is. Much easier than either a converter or lever filler, though not quite as nice as my snorkel.

Overall, I really REALLY like this pen. The only bad thing about it is I think it has me hooked on Pelikans (I'm already eying a couple vintage ones on Ricks site)

Regards,
Joe Martin

P.S. I bought this pen from Pam Braun, and let me say, her service was absolutely fantastic! She sent out the pen before she had even recieved my payment, and the price was the best I could find anywhere. I'm sure I'll be ordering from her again before too long.

Sponsored Content

#2 Sallent

Sallent

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2008 - 17:00

My first pen was a green stripped M400. It too got me hooked on Pelikans. The addiction will only get worse. Soon you'll be buying the M600, then the M800 and then the M1000. Before you now it you'll be collecting Toledos and LE. Don't neglect the M200 though, it is a lovely pen too, not to mention friendlier to the budget thumbup.gif
Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.

#3 AfterMyNap

AfterMyNap

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 21:02

QUOTE(Dr Ozzie @ Jun 28 2008, 01:00 PM) View Post
My first pen was a green stripped M400. It too got me hooked on Pelikans. The addiction will only get worse. Soon you'll be buying the M600, then the M800 and then the M1000. Before you now it you'll be collecting Toledos and LE. Don't neglect the M200 though, it is a lovely pen too, not to mention friendlier to the budget thumbup.gif

*hands over ears*

Ohhhhh nooooooo!!!!!!

*running out of thread*

I'm in trouble nooooowwwww!!!!! ohmy.gif
—Cindy

“This is the sort of pedantry up with which I will not put.”
—Winston Churchill (attributed)

Sponsored Content

|