The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

FS: Waterman Le Man 100 Sterling Silver FP

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FriendAmos

FriendAmos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:41

I used this pen for about 6 months and them switched to an Omas. So it's in pretty good nick. I will take offers for the next 3 days. At that time, the best offer over US$150 gets it.

Shipping: If you are in Australia, then any method applies, and you can even have it COD. Otherwise, international airmail rates/

Attached Images

• DSCN0545.jpg
  • DSCN0547.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 gyv

gyv

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:57

Nib width?

#3 FriendAmos

FriendAmos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 22:56

QUOTE(gyv @ Jun 28 2008, 07:57 AM) View Post
Nib width?

Medium nib. Pen is serial no. 01883.

#4 gyv

gyv

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:32

QUOTE(FriendAmos @ Jun 28 2008, 07:41 AM) View Post
I used this pen for about 6 months and them switched to an Omas. So it's in pretty good nick. I will take offers for the next 3 days. At that time, the best offer over US$150 gets it.

Shipping: If you are in Australia, then any method applies, and you can even have it COD. Otherwise, international airmail rates/

I'll offer US$ 160 for it.

-Gerard

#5 jmignault

jmignault

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 19:40

Are you taking offers by PM, email, and in the forum? Is there any way to know what the high offer is? And when is the time up? --j

#6 Hoarder68

Hoarder68

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 22:03

190.00 US dollars.

#7 fatehbajwa

fatehbajwa

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 22:17

Thats a lovely pen............ puddle.gif
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom - George S Patton
Follow me on Twitter

#8 jmignault

jmignault

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 13:38

220 USD.

Edited by jmignault, 01 July 2008 - 14:01.

#9 DustyBin

DustyBin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:45

Is it sold?

#10 CharlieB

CharlieB

French Roast Coffee

• Member - Gold

• 2,167 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 14:17

I got a personal message from the original poster yesterday saying it was sold. I'm surprised he didn't post here as well.

I'm very uncomfortable about the "sealed bid" nature of this sale. I thought the rules of Marketplace were that you had to announce a price and sell it to the first one who offered to pay that price. This sale didn't go that way.
CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

#11 jmignault

jmignault

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 15:58

QUOTE(CharlieB @ Jul 7 2008, 10:17 AM) View Post
I'm very uncomfortable about the "sealed bid" nature of this sale. I thought the rules of Marketplace were that you had to announce a price and sell it to the first one who offered to pay that price. This sale didn't go that way.

I found this disturbing as well. I asked earlier in the thread for clarification as to what entailed "making an offer" which went unanswered. I then made an offer in the forum and waited until a day or so after the three days had passed before sending a PM asking if I had the high offer. That message also went unanswered. I sent another PM yesterday asking again and got a terse reply stating simply that it had been sold. I thought this could have been conducted better.

Edited by jmignault, 07 July 2008 - 15:59.

#12 rogerb

rogerb

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2008 - 16:42

A friend who runs a website in the UK says it would be illegal there to run such an 'auction', unless you were properly licensed to do so.

I didn't like the style of it either.
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you. Don Marquis US humorist (1878 - 1937)

Sponsored Content

|