OMAS Arco Milord

Doug C

There has been too much written already on the Arco's, but after having lusted after them for at least 25 years, I thought I would give you my brief thoughts on the newest version of the Milord.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/DougDorann/P6240106.jpg

I have only picked up a few OMAS over the years, but even though I don't count all of them among my favorites, I have only sold one of them: an Arte Italiana BP.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/DougDorann/P6240104.jpg

Pictured: Original 360, Mezzo 360, The Arco Milord, LE Marconi, Tokyo, and the demonstrator

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/DougDorann/P6240105.jpg

As you can see, the Arco is the most colorful of the bunch, and my feeling is that the newer version is just as well built as the older versions. I would have liked to seen OMAS carry on with the old model along side, but they might have just stolen sales from the revised model.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/DougDorann/P6240107.jpg

Aside from the common problem of the facets not lining up (which I may or may not get fixed since it is a 4 thread cap anyway, so most of the time they are out of alignment-that way, you always get a nice view of the brightest part of the celluloid), my Milord could have been built by Pelikan.

Perfect in every other way, the piston is smooth as glass, and the second I filled it, it started writing.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/DougDorann/P6240108.jpg

I thought I would show the ebonite feeds on the 13 year old Marconi, and the Arco. They are identical, which indicates that some traditions remain in the house of Omas.........

It is wonderful pen, and worth what I paid for it.

the Danitrio Fellowship

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doug C

• handlebar

• Bryant

• acolythe

Thanks for the review and photos Doug. I have two Arcos,one a fp and the other the companion rollerball.

Delightful pens!!!

Jim

Thanks guys (even though I'm not buying the nice compliments on the photos, DRP).

Jim, I remember the roller. I tried to buy it, but you were just too quick.

Bryant, this is new. The Milord is all celluloid, while the Paragon is larger, heavier, and has a metal section.

It is also about $200 more

the Danitrio Fellowship

Thanks guys (even though I'm not buying the nice compliments on the photos, DRP).

Bryant, this is new. The Milord is all celluloid, while the Paragon is larger, heavier, and has a metal section.

It is also about $200 more

Cool, good to know... Thats all I need! Another pen to hit list! :headsmack:

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1: And i'm so happy i did indeed find one.I had turned up a chance to buy one in Anaheim last year on closeout for $300.Glad i did as i only had to fork over $200 for this rollerball.It is an HT model as well.My Milord Arco has the gold furniture.

Jim

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1: And i'm so happy i did indeed find one.I had turned up a chance to buy one in Anaheim last year on closeout for $300.Glad i did as i only had to fork over $200 for this rollerball.It is an HT model as well.My Milord Arco has the gold furniture.

Jim

Yep, a ridiculous price (and I am jealous) , but at least it has a brother to keep it company..

the Danitrio Fellowship

True. I would love to own the Arco pencil but never see them used and no way i will buy new.

Jim

Very nice collection of Omas there. Love that Marconi. :)

Sorry to change the subject but my main in terest is the lovely pen stand. Is it homemade?

b

Sorry to change the subject but my main in terest is the lovely pen stand. Is it homemade?

b

Thanks. I do love the Marconi as well, since when Omas was doing LE's back then, it was one of the first ones that actually looked different. Most of the ones they did were basically Arte Italiana bodies with a different color.

No acolythe, actually it was one of the first pen stands offered by the company Levenger. I have a lot of their early stuff that was usually made out of solid cherry. If you have wood working skills, it doesnt look that difficult to make (this from someone who has none..).

Edited by Doug C

the Danitrio Fellowship

b

Thanks. I do love the Marconi as well, since when Omas was doing LE's back then, it was one of the first ones that actually looked different. Most of the ones they did were basically Arte Italiana bodies with a different color.

No acolythe, actually it was one of the first pen stands offered by the company Levenger. I have a lot of their early stuff that was usually made out of solid cherry. If you have wood working skills, it doesnt look that difficult to make (this from someone who has none..).

Thank you

I do not

but my son

does

If I can pin him down long enough to get it done and figure out how much to pay

its a fabulous stand

I am using and old English pipe stand I got at an antique store for 97 censts

Nice review and photos. This is one of the newer designs in the midsize model. I understand that while you were lucky to get the piston fill model that Omas is moving to a cart/con filler if it hasn't already done so for the milord. Maybe someone here can verify that.

Congratulations on a beautiful pen.

Nice review and photos. This is one of the newer designs in the midsize model. I understand that while you were lucky to get the piston fill model that Omas is moving to a cart/con filler if it hasn't already done so for the milord. Maybe someone here can verify that.

Congratulations on a beautiful pen.

I think that is only for the regular cotton resin Milord, but the Celluloid Milord will continue as a piston fill. I'm sure someone will set me straight if I am wrong.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Beautiful pen Doug thanks for sharing!

May I ask what's the going price for the Arco Milord? I'm considering one but the best price I found so far was a tad over $600. I recall not long ago someone on this forum bought one for less than $500? Has there been a price increase for Omas in general, or is it just the exchange rate working its magic? Thanks.

Beautiful pen Doug thanks for sharing!

May I ask what's the going price for the Arco Milord? I'm considering one but the best price I found so far was a tad over $600. I recall not long ago someone on this forum bought one for less than $500? Has there been a price increase for Omas in general, or is it just the exchange rate working its magic? Thanks.

Waxwing, the current list is $825 for the Milord, and I believe around $1025 for the Paragon, the difference being the size, and the Paragon has a SS section whereas the Milord has a celluloid section (my preference).

The prices you've seen were more in line with the typical discounts that most retailers offer. Anything below that are either the deep discount online sellers (I think you were referring to Pam Braun), and in some cases, auctions.

I believe that I saw that when Handlebar got his at an auction, he paid something in the $300-400 range. Everyone can get lucky, but that is not an everyday price.

the Danitrio Fellowship