The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Signum Nova Regal Purple

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 purpledog

purpledog

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:04

Appearance and Finish 4.50/5.00

The pen is in almost new condition although it is bought as a used pen. The pen measures 14.6 cm capped. The purple resin is excellent. The resin looks identical to the purple resin of another Italian-made pen (Stipula Vedo). The finish is excellent. The cap takes about 2 turns to be capped or uncapped, which I think is a bit too many turns. The pen capped snugly.

Design, Size, and Weight 4.50/5.00

Personally, the design of the pen looks a bit strange to me, especially the metallic trims at the ends of the pen. To be honest, I wouldn’t have bought this pen if not for the fact that the pen has my favorite color. Length-wise and thickness-wise, the pen is just right for me. I don’t usually like metallic sections, but this is not an issue as the section is short and a portion of my grip likes on the threaded plastic. I don’t feel uncomfortable using the pen and the weight distribution of the pen when used unposted is just right.

Nib Design and Performance 5.00/5.00

The nib is 18k F. I thought the engraved wheel logo on the nib looks pretty cool. Wet and extremely smooth writer.

Filling System 5.00/5.00

The pen uses an ink converter. My favorite filling system for ease of use and the lack of need for replacing worn parts.

Value 5.00/5.00

I bought it for $125 including shipping. It came with the original paper and box.

Conclusions 24.00/25.00

This is one of those pens that is not on my shortlist list, but is bought at the spur of the moment. I have no regrets getting the pen, and am thinking of getting other Signum pens in future, especially if they come in purple.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|