Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNobleSavage

• Betty

• OldGriz

• saturation

Panasonic = USA name

National = Asia name

(very off-topic)

Matsush-ita (remove the hyphen; the profanity filter is not Japanese-friendly) Electric uses both the Panasonic and National names in Japan. Panasonic is for TVs, stereos, digital cameras, and other electronics. National is for vacuum cleaners, toasters, and other appliances that are often surprisingly advanced, but more domestic in application.

Panasonic: hi-tech gadgetry you show off to your friends

National: hi-tech gadgetry you leave at home

(back on topic)

I thought that the Raden VPs carry the Namiki name on the pen, but I could be mistaken.

AS far as the Raden goes, it maybe only released under Namiki Vanishing Point. I really am unaware of that particular model since it is a bit more limited than the regular VP/capless pens. The Yellow VP that I got from Japan (reviewed in this thread) came in the box that says Pilot Capless. The packaging is a bit different than the ones in the USA. The other VP's that I ordered stateside all said the same thing, Pilot Capless.

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

• 8 months later...

Thank you for your review. I think the intro was quite nice. I have been contemplating whether to buy this or not and have been doing so for quite a while. About a year to be precise.

Reading your review has swung me into buying this one.

I believe the nib sizes are diffferent in the western world then in Japan.

I like a medium nib, which size would be the equivalent one?

Regards

Jazz,

Buy a VP, now; they are seriously ab fab. I resisted for ages but could kick myself for not buying one earlier. Pam Braun was kind enough to send 'one across the pond' for a very reasonable price.

Does anyone know what shops in the UK might stock these? I'm meaning anywhere that I could try one out. I'm intrigued, but just worry about the positioning of the clip. Also, as a follow up to that comment, would anyone be willing to post a photo to show how they actually hold the pen (especially any left handers).

I have seen, and tried the Capless (as it is known here) in the Pen Shop in Glasgow, so they DO stock them! Cost is around £100 as far as I can remember. Definitely on my 'Wanted' list!

For reasonable prices on this pen (especially the gold trim models), try here:

Cult Pens

Spare nib units are also available at very reasonable prices.

Bernie.

Note: I have no affiliation with Cult Pens, I just came across their site whilst looking for a Capless at a reasonable price here in the UK!

Edited by Bernie0104

My son's birthday is coming up and I bought him a Blue Carbonesque VP on Ebay. He is not a fountain pen user, but he is a bio-medical engineer. I think the way the pen works will appeal to him and he can use it like a ball point, click and write. Subtle recruiting. ;)

Jim

One ink to find them,

One ink to bring them all

One ink to rule them all,

and in the darkness bind them..

• 5 months later...

This pen Rocks!!!!

I remember when i first took mine to work....we had our morning meeting and i planted the pen on the table in front of me. 1/2 way through the meeting the boss stopped talking and said

"what is that? is that your pen?"

excellent conversation piece, and an excellent writer....the color is mustard yellow....i have a medium nib on mine and i love it. I've been using cartridges from the Fountain Pen Hospital but i'm going through almost 2/month....so i decided to try bottled ink. I'm going to try some Quink and see what happens.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

-awesome daily writer

-good conversation piece

-i find the pen to be on the slightly heavier side

-You'll go through cartridges like a fat kid on candy......make sure you have some spares.

Edited by turbodiesel80@