2006 Philadelphia Pen Show

PenHero

Fellow Collectors,

The 2006 Philadelphia Pen Show is coming up this month!

http://www.penhero.com/News/Pics/PhillyPenShow2006_01.jpg

The Philadelphia Pen Show

January 21-22, 2006, at the Wyndham Franklin Plaza Hotel

17th & Race Streets, Philadelphia, PA

Read all about the show in the official press release:

2006 Philadelphia Pen Show Press Release

There will be a giveaway of an Aurora 85th Anniversary Limited Edition pen and Sheaffer Calligraphy Maxi Kits!

Edited by PenHero

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonnet

• Kelly

• Elaine

• ashaw

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there, and so will Barbara (with -- we hope -- ONE crutch). Stop by our table even if you don't have any nibs for me to work on, even if you don't want to buy custom nibs or whole pens with the sweetest nibs in the hall, even if you don't want to buy pads or smoothing kits or brandy-new copies of the 2205 reprint of FPOTW (which, by the way, is very much worth buying even if you have an older edition -- the print quality is magnificent) or anything else we can con you into taking away with you. :D

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

You guys

Are

NOT

HELPING.

Really, really, REALLY not helping.

New York to Philadelphia is $34 via Peter Pan buses. Not that I'm rethinking my decision to go or anything. I'm just idly looking at the bus information.

Yeah.

Right.

Why are you laughing? Don't you believe me?

I will be there Saturday. I am looking forward to see you Richard.

I have some nib questions for you.

I missed last years show because of the snow storm.

It looks like I'll be recovered enough from my pneumonia for the show. I'm hoping to go on Friday. If not I'm almost surely going on Saturday. Who else from FPN will be there? Can we set up a meet time? Have a secret identification (wear a red rose?) The Pentrace stickers alas are no more. Maybe we should make up FPN stickers. I always find that I miss Pentracers or FPNers because we're all so focused (and awed) by all those pens. It would be nice to find a time and perhaps sit down for some tea or something. Ok, rambling over, back to bed. (I better be better by Friday!)

Any reports back yet from those lucky enough to attend or do you all still have nibs swirling before your eyes? :D

I'm looking forward to some good stories and great finds! B)

A hot wind was blowing around my head, the strands of my hair lifting and swirling in it, like ink spilled in water. ~ Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin

I bought a bunch of pen-related items (Clairefontaine notebook, converter, ink, etc).

Cool! What kind of Clairefontane notebook did you get? I prefer the 8155, top spiral, 8 1/4 x 11 3/4 with perforated top tear. Love their paper! I think Pendemonium was going to have a couple of tables dedicated to paper stuff - :drool:

What ink did you get?

Hope you had a great time :D

A hot wind was blowing around my head, the strands of my hair lifting and swirling in it, like ink spilled in water. ~ Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin

I got one of the smaller, spiral-bound, lined notebooks with a blue cover; Noodler's Iraqui Indigo ink; a converter for my $5 Sheaffer calligraphy pen [thanks, Sam, for helping me find the right one!], and a copy of Write Now, the italic handwriting book. Sam was also giving out free Clairefontaine memo pads. At the Stylus table, I wound up purchasing a subscription so I got free copies of the 2 current issues. AND...I found a really cool pen at Susan Wirth's table-- marbled grey celluloid, Mabie Todd semiflex italic nib, lever-filler, with a "BlackBird" name. Aesthetically, it has some wear on the clip, lever, nib and barrel, but I can live with that. I'd like to find out how old the pen is.

This means I'm now trolling the web for information on taking care of celluloid pens, as the seller advised me to keep it away from open flames-- which I generally do with all my pens anyway. Filled with the default black ink at Susan's table, it's a VERY wet writer; so wet that I almost didn't buy it. But now that I've put Iraqui Indigo in there, it's not quite as flood-prone. I'm really glad I found this pen but I'll stop gushing now. I'm thinking of stopping by the show tomorrow again, to possibly pick up a Rhodia or another Clairefontaine notebook. I LOVE the CF paper and I'm dying to use it to write a letter to a fellow pen-nut but this notebook's pages aren't perforated.

My friend Dan came with me even though he's not much into pens but he did find a neat set of poker die at a table near Giovanni's, so he was happy.

Okay, that's enough babbling now.

Sometimes I write things (as of 2013

http://katesplace7.wordpress.com/

I got one of the smaller, spiral-bound, lined notebooks with a blue cover; Noodler's Iraqui Indigo ink; a converter for my $5 Sheaffer calligraphy pen [thanks, Sam, for helping me find the right one!], and a copy of Write Now, the italic handwriting book. Sam was also giving out free Clairefontaine memo pads. At the Stylus table, I wound up purchasing a subscription so I got free copies of the 2 current issues. AND...I found a really cool pen at Susan Wirth's table-- marbled grey celluloid, Mabie Todd semiflex italic nib, lever-filler, with a "BlackBird" name. Aesthetically, it has some wear on the clip, lever, nib and barrel, but I can live with that. I'd like to find out how old the pen is.

This means I'm now trolling the web for information on taking care of celluloid pens, as the seller advised me to keep it away from open flames-- which I generally do with all my pens anyway. Filled with the default black ink at Susan's table, it's a VERY wet writer; so wet that I almost didn't buy it. But now that I've put Iraqui Indigo in there, it's not quite as flood-prone. I'm really glad I found this pen but I'll stop gushing now. I'm thinking of stopping by the show tomorrow again, to possibly pick up a Rhodia or another Clairefontaine notebook. I LOVE the CF paper and I'm dying to use it to write a letter to a fellow pen-nut but this notebook's pages aren't perforated.

My friend Dan came with me even though he's not much into pens but he did find a neat set of poker die at a table near Giovanni's, so he was happy.

Okay, that's enough babbling now.

Sounds like you got some great stuff and happy your friend found something, too....free Clairefontaine memo pads - woo hoo!! I've never been to a pen show and I have a feeling, it would be crazy fun and possible put me in divorce court :lol: I would just have to keep telling myself - Focus!!! :D