Articles and Interviews

Guest Denis Richard

Guest Denis Richard

I'm getting ready to write new articles and interviews. Is there a topic that you would like to see covered, or a person to be interviewed ? For interviews, are there specific questions you would like to see answered ?

Denis.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mkoenig

• Maja

Hello Denis,

Funny you should post this, as I just posted something this morning that stated I was going to try to drum up a story on the "Historical Significance of Daly's Pen Shop" in Milwaukee. I've lived here all my life, and never knew about the place...now 28 years later, I've found them to be fairly active in the business.

As such, I would be grateful if you would perhaps share your pen with me, and help me through an interview or two, and perhaps we could "co-write" an article. I've never really done anything like this, so your guidance would be great! I was planning to submit it to the Milwaukee Journal (Our major paper), my grandmother works for the Managing Editor.

Let me know if this strikes you...if not, that's fine too.

So, that's my idea...

Cheers,

Mark

Guest Denis Richard

Hi Mark,

I'm all game to do something together, but I have to warn you : I'm no writer ! :) I just pretend I can write about stuff... heck... take a look at what I post.

You're also facing dealing with a non-native english speaker, who moved here in his adulthood.

So, do you like challenges ? :lol:

Denis.

Edited by Denis Richard

Denis,

Well, you'll be getting into a project with someone who belongs on a podium or in a board room, not with a pen in hand!

It'll be like the blind leading the blind...:)

On a side note, the only French I know is...

Richard Virenque

Laurent Jalabert

Le Tour de France

Maillot Juane

Cotes du Rhone

Viognier

Bordeaux

Normandie

Caen

etc...

I'm going to be speaking with Daly's President sometime mid next week...picking up my new Pelikan! I'll chat with him about our interest in doing a little piece on his shop...it's been around since the 20's, always in Milwaukee, and I'll see if there's something interesting to write on!

Cheers,

Mark

Guest Denis Richard

That sounds like a great topic, Mark.

Podium, board room ? Whatcha do ?

Those are the essential words to know, at least to spend a nice summer over there :lol: You brought back many memories of summer vacations and week ends in the country side, trying to get some signal on a hold tv to watch the Tour de France, and sipping some chilled rosé...

Denis.

Morning Denis,

Ahhh, how I envy being able to see the Tour live...It would be a great site. I've been to France before, but in the winter. Caen and Paris...Northern France was just incredible...the people were beautiful, the food was fantastic, and the country side like I've not seen before...rustic, bombed out, green, a great dichotemy...Paris on the other hand, I'm not as fond of. It's a beautiful city, but tough to get around when you speak no French outside of Viva JaJa!

To answer your other question, I spent 3 years working for a US Congressman, so my ability to deliver speeches far exceeds that of my ability to write. Now, I'm in business, technology consulting to be exact. I'm the Director of our Delivery team, and it forces me to be in front of C-level executives, hence the boardroom comment.

However, I've decided to make it a point to learn to write better...and I will.

So, this shall be my embarkation of a lovely literary journey. Or a complete flop, one or the other!!

I'll be in touch next week, on this topic anyway, and we can chat more!

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Denis (or should I say "Bonjour" since we were talking about France? :P )

I don't think they are particularly well known here, but I am a big fan of Jean-Pierre Lepine pens (official website: http://www.jean-pierre-lepine.com/)

I know some fountain pen enthusiasts may view them merely as quirky objets d'art but my little Mini Indigo pens are smooth writers and I think the designs are beautiful and very original.

Since you're originally from France, would it be possible for you to perhaps arrange an interview with someone from the Lepine pen company? Perhaps you ask could them re: their plans for making further inroads into the North American market...or about new pens coming out, etc.

Just an idea....

I've enjoyed reading all your interviews, so please keep up the good work!

--Maja

Guest Denis Richard

Hi Mark,

Ahhh, how I envy being able to see the Tour live...It would be a great site.  I've been to France before, but in the winter.  Caen and Paris...Northern France was just incredible...the people were beautiful, the food was fantastic, and the country side like I've not seen before...rustic, bombed out, green, a great dichotemy...Paris on the other hand, I'm not as fond of.  It's a beautiful city, but tough to get around when you speak no French outside of Viva JaJa!

Northeners are reputed for their hospitality. Sure you won't find the same in Paris :lol: To our defense, I think it is a common trait to most major metropolis. I try to go back every year, and it has beome increasingly difficult to stay in Paris for more than a few days. I'm not a big city guy anymore.

If you have the chance, visit other regions. France is like a small western Europe in itself, with many different settings and "cultures".

To answer your other question, I spent 3 years working for a US Congressman, so my ability to deliver speeches far exceeds that of my ability to write.  Now, I'm in business, technology consulting to be exact.  I'm the Director of our Delivery team, and it forces me to be in front of C-level executives, hence the boardroom comment.

Hey... you should teach me speech techniques ! :lol:

Denis.

Guest Denis Richard
Hi Denis (or should I say "Bonjour" since we were talking about France? :P )

I don't think they are particularly well known here, but I am a big fan of Jean-Pierre Lepine pens (official website: http://www.jean-pierre-lepine.com/)

I know some fountain pen enthusiasts may view them merely as quirky objets d'art but my little Mini Indigo pens are smooth writers and I think the designs are beautiful and very original.

Since you're originally from France, would it be possible for you to perhaps arrange an interview with someone from the Lepine pen company? Perhaps you ask could them re: their plans for making further inroads into the North American market...or about new pens coming out, etc.

Just an idea....

I've enjoyed reading all your interviews, so please keep up the good work!

--Maja

That's a great idea Maja. Thanks for the nice comment too.

Makes me think I could try the guys at Recife too.

Denis.

That's a great idea Maja. Thanks for the nice comment too.

Makes me think I could try the guys at Recife too.

Denis.

You're welcome, Denis :)

As for the Recife idea, that is a good one, too. Stypen is another French brand as well....

Hey Denis,

Yeah, I can't say enough about the Northerners, we had a wonderful time in Caen, and the city is filled with the greatest dichotemy of history I've come across. On one side of the city, you have a fortress of William the Conquerer, occupied in 1066 during the battle of Hastings, and on the other side, the beaches of the Normandy invasion...wow! My grandfather jumped into Normandy, so it was a special place for me.

Insofar as public speaking is concerned, I'd be happy to help, but my wife is the person to ask, she does it for a living...she's got all the brains and the looks in this family of two!

Cheers,

Mark