The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Esterbrook Double Jewel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OldGriz

OldGriz

I Assimilated The Borg

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2006 - 23:41

Here is my latest acquisition from eBay for a whopping $9.00 including shopping.

Very nice condition. Clean, just needed a little polish. Iridium tipped 9556 nib is in fantastic condition and writes like a dream with PR DC Blue 2004 on Cambridge Ltd paper.
I have another that needs a sac and has a 1551 nib.. but I have 4 9XXX series nibs coming, including a fine stub that will most likely go on that one...
Posted Image
TomPosted Image
A veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

Sponsored Content

#2 theshainun

theshainun

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 23:57

Wow!-What a bargain. Nice pics

Shaun
Shaun

#3 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:28

Hi,

Wow! Nice pen! :)

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

#4 southpaw

southpaw

Museum Piece

• Premium - Emerald

• 5,232 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:03

Tom - great deal on a wonderful pen that has stood the test of time with the best of 'em. In many ways the Esties can't be beat. Enjoy and thanks for the review.
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

#5 krz

krz

...just drawn that way.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:15

Great deal Tom. I like the Blue Esterbrook color the best.
How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

#6 tntaylor

tntaylor

House of T

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 13:29

Oh, NICE!!!! And for nine bucks? Result! Yes, I think a blue Estie J is going on my list of Pens To Do. It might even get me to invest in a blue ink...

Very nice acquisition, OG.

t!
flippin' like a pancake
poppin' like a cork

Sponsored Content

|