Ladies in Tulle!

QM2

GiJin, Am enjoying this review of the Lady Skripserts: )

Wish they, and their photos, could be merged into one thread for ease of study.

In most comments, you will read about the fragile nature of the painted finish. This is true.

So, a current owner of Lady Skripsert would want to consider whether this pen, in fine condition, (as yours appears), would want to subject it to rigors of use in the outside world, such as handbag or briefcase. Very soft, padded case at the minimum.

Polished brass tulle's, with paint filled lines, rather than painted, with turning, (etching-per catalog), seems to fair better in actual use. Also, the metal on L Skripsert is thin, and in my observation, possibly brittle.. The matching pencil that accompanies my polished brass Tulle, is split down the side of the brass body.

As to which Were considered higher-end.. in the catalog there are prices, with features.

Gold vs Silver nib. Blingy pastes in a ring, (Brilliants-per catalog), were near the top - of those I've seen, the pastes are sometimes missing or in poor condition.

Have you inserted an cartridge or dipped, and test driven yet?

No I have not. I am going to collect a few more examples and decide if I want to have a daily user. I am an artist, writer/sketch, and I was wondering if any of these pens would be good inkers for my drawings?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QM2

• pen2paper

• Taki

• GiJin

Top Posters In This Topic

quote 'GiJin'

... I am going to collect a few more examples and decide if I want to have a daily user. I am an artist, writer/sketch, and I was wondering if any of these pens would be good inkers for my drawings?

far from my meager abilities to advise : )

But! FPN has an entire forum area to help you there!

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/forum/77-creative-expressions/

quote 'GiJin'

... I am going to collect a few more examples and decide if I want to have a daily user. I am an artist, writer/sketch, and I was wondering if any of these pens would be good inkers for my drawings?

far from my meager abilities to advise : )

But! FPN has an entire forum area to help you there!

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/forum/77-creative-expressions/

thanks man! I have been a member of various forums over the past few years and I am amazed at the knowledge and incrediably fast paced of the sharing of that knowledge on this forum!

One thing I like about Wearever one is the nib. I think this nib was used for their other pens, too but the vertical writing and clear feed are cool.

Yes, that same nib with the clear feed and the bar on the nib was used in all the Pennant model pens from Wearever.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I am thinking of getting one of these for my wife. Can any tell me what the weight and girth of the pens are? Comparison with say a Lamy 2000 or Pelikan m600?

Thanks

Sorry to revive an old thread but I am thinking of getting one of these for my wife. Can any tell me what the weight and girth of the pens are? Comparison with say a Lamy 2000 or Pelikan m600?

Thanks

Comparable with both for everyday use. There is a good range of this Sheaffer product, would make an excellent basis for a collection

You know, it's posts like this that makes me love you guys!

What a lot of wonderful information. I never knew any of that about skripsets.

Of course, now my bank account is going to suffer because I want one now!

Thanks

I would actually have thought they are smaller and lighter than either of those pens, though I don't have either a Lamy 2000 or M600. I have a Pelikan M400, which is smaller than an M600, and that is about the same size and weight as my Lady Sheaffers. (Strangely, the corduroy one is a teeny bit heavier than the tulle and paisley.) Also the Lady Sheaffers are quite slender.

For current value, we sell new old stock Lady Sheaffer X and XI for $50. We also have matching pencils for the Lady Sheaffer X.

I will have a tulle there soon, (top one in the ad), just need to determine its current value.

TERI

For current value, we sell new old stock Lady Sheaffer X and XI for $50. We also have matching pencils for the Lady Sheaffer X.

I will have a tulle there soon, (top one in the ad), just need to determine its current value.

TERI

How thoughtful to take the time to help Teri : ) Thank You!

• 2 years later...

I am wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the price ranges for a Lady Sheaffer XII the gold with the coral/red short triumph nib.. in excellent condition ? Thanks !

The Skripsert wasn't the only pen that Sheaffer did in the Tulle pattern. They also did one color on a Targa, black with gold netting. It's very difficult to find on a full-size Targa, but fairly easy to find a Slim Targa in this pattern. The only problem is finding a converter or cartridges for the slim pen.

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/NzTwDzTkMjkkk1/6924426.0/800/p/Sheaffer_Targa_679_Tulle_Classic.jpg

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/NzTwDzTkMjkkk1/3647229.0/800/p/Sheaffer_Slim_Targa_678%2C_Tulle.jpg

Sorry about the poor color consistency between the two images. The top image is a photo and the bottom one was done by just laying the pen on my scanner. These are old images. The top one is closer to reality.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006