Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Advocate Ebonite FP from India
Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:39
First impressions - VERY LARGE Just over 6" closed and about 7.5" posted (why would you post this?). In the photo below you can see them next to a Parker Duofold Centennial.
I like the black most - plain - stainless (I hope) clip - no embellishments. THe red/black ebonite is nice also but I would have prefered a more red red...
The surface of the black pen reminds me of the Densho Raw Ebonite. Some may not like it but you can polish it further. The red/black had some very minor surface defects that are fully justified by the price.
The original iridium tipped nib is smooth and realtively stiff similar to those found on the Walities. Solid fine line. One fill would last for ever
Anyway I could not be satisfied with no flex so I transplanted a semiflex 14K Belmond #8 nib. The results below The nib is slightly smaller that the original - I should look for an even larger one. Overall - I like them
2. Some reference postings on FPs.
3. Some pen videos
4. The perfect fountain pen
Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:52
Thanks for the review!
Visconti Giardino dell'Eden "F" nib running J. Herbin 1670 Caroube de Chypre
Moonman M8 "F" nib running Noodler's Heart of Darkness
Platinum Tiger and Pine 3776 "F" nib running J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage
Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:38
Erik, I will be having some Advocates and other Indian pens for sale on the marketplace very soon.
Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:24
Since the pens are handmade and have piece to piece variation, I have found that the sections do not always interchange. Spare nibs are available on order, these will have to be fitted after removing the existing one from the section. Pls contact me backchannel for more info...