Myawadi and Baoer

TataiFromIndia

Anyone know about MYAWADI pens.Few days ago i got one.Quite cheap.Full plastic body,great nib(EF).

where is it from?my dealer told me its a german company.But didnt find anything in the net by that name.

noticed someone asked in FPN about the same too.Anyone knows the company,is it good?I can buy more Myawadi pens.

Besides,Baoer and many other chinese pens are abundent here.Bought Baoer 501 and 801(Made like rialto) models.Both are nice.

are Baoer pens(China)good too?worth buying?

pricy pens like waterman,shaffersor others are imported in little quantities in here(India),and have highhhhhhhh prices.

I have only few Parker Vector pens.

Edited by TataiFromIndia

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TataiFromIndia

• fatehbajwa

• oneill

• hardyb

Take a look at these, good things have been said:

http://guiderpen.org/contactus.htm

Ratnam Pens: They made, amongst other styles, striped celluloid eye dropper fill pens using Wing Sung copies of Sheaffer Triumph nibs, quite a number of these made their way back to Uk with the troops returning after Indian Independence, I have one and a nice pen to use it is too. Today Ratnam make advertising ball points as well as fountain pens, some of them quite expensive and good quality, if you google Ratnam Pens you should find their website and several blogs about them.

Airmail pen company is an Indian family-owned firm and manufactures pens under the Wality as well as Airmail trademarks. They have their works in Mumbai which I have visited. Wality's Official Website: http://www.airmailpenco.com/airmail/products.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLATO-vintage-INDIA-ey...1QQcmdZViewItem

Fountain pens are comparatively popular in India. However only a handful of ebonite fountain pen manufacturers remain. Chiefly amongst them Ratnamson pen company, Ratnam Pen works, GUIDER Pen Company all three in Rajmundry Andra Pradesh and also Brahmam pen company in Vijayawada whose pens are exclusively sold through Deccan pen stores in Hyderabad-AP. These manufacturers make high end gold nibbed custom pens and nibs to low end steel nibbed pens. All pens are handmade.

The Danitrio Fellowship

My budget is Rs 500-600(max) for any waterman,sailor,shaffers pen(New off course).

dosn't these companies produce affordable pens?i mean after importing and having paid import duties,these pens becomes untouchable by common hands

(in south city mall,pantaloons,lowest waterman model is Rs.1999)

Have u used Brill.No one ever heard of it in kolkata.

besides,i am dying for a blue-black ink.

In here there is none.

waterman,shaffers,lamy...alll are blue.i bought a waterman f blue,and it took rs 350(imported by luxor)

imagine the price(camlin,quink,sulekha,chelpark all below 30)

loooooooooool

Sorry , i dont think ratnam,wality etc i.e other state made pens are sold in kolkata.

Edited by TataiFromIndia

Anyone know about MYAWADI pens.Few days ago i got one.Quite cheap.Full plastic body,great nib(EF).

where is it from?my dealer told me its a german company.But didnt find anything in the net by that name.

noticed someone asked in FPN about the same too.Anyone knows the company,is it good?I can buy more Myawadi pens.

Besides,Baoer and many other chinese pens are abundent here.Bought Baoer 501 and 801(Made like rialto) models.Both are nice.

pricy pens like waterman,shaffersor others are imported in little quantities in here(India),and have highhhhhhhh prices.

I have only few Parker Vector pens.

These are really Chinese and Korean companies......

Waterman, Parker has there full, and by full I MEAN full range available here.... so has Sheaffer. Willium Penn in

Bangalore imports Pelikan etc. and they are available here by order. Mont Blanc dealer is Prime Watch World(Camac street).

Art shop in city center has full parker, waterman and cross range, so has shoppers stop. And the price is quite reasonable. A sonnet with 18k(not steel) nib(French, imported by luxor) starts from 4000/-...

Let me tell you one thing.. in Kolkata there is not and had never been any paucity of good pens. It is evident from the number of vintages I get to see. You just have to look for them. On your budget you may find a frontier

(UK made). As for as I know they are quite good.

I see fatehbajwa has offered you a Sheaffer NN... very kind of him and enjoy it....... if you need any more help

don't hesitate to give me a shout.... on weekdays I am not usually come in this forum, but on weekends I am a regular.

take care.

I have three Dewen Baoers and am very pleased with all three. (Sonnet # 3018 and two 3013s) They cost about $7.50 each from a U.S. seller and perform as well or better than pens costing $50-60.

Nice.Now i am seeing the benefit of being a neighbour of china(may they are more powerful than us,but till there are no wars,its good)........hehe.

Any chinese pens here ,it may be a hero ,a boaer,a dewen,a jianho, a classic etc cost maximun Rs 250-300(which in turms of $ is 5-6).

SO ,here chinese pens are really cheap,and i dont think u ppl can get these at this price.

No experience with Baoer or Myawadi, but I have a Jinhao pen I'm very pleased with, and quite a few Heros. I'm sure you have access to some great low-cost pens there. I can get Waterman or Sheaffer pens in stores here, but I've actually ordered a bunch of Heros from a dealer in India...

I don't know if Japanese pens are readily available there, but Pilot makes quite a few excellent low-cost pens if you can find them. (They're not sold in the US except by specialty dealers like HisNibs.)

Michael Moncur

no one likes fountain pens these days,especially the people i know.

since i use fps ,i often heard "u still use fountain pens?" ,"i can't use this,have u a dot pen(as we call ball pens)?"-

when i handed someone my pens to write something.

even a boy once said "is this a pen?".

actually in kolkata,there are thousands of pen shops and many internationall standard brands like cello,add,montex,flair,rotomac,reynolds and many more

hundreds of gel pens,rollers,ball pens. Cello and montex has perhaps hundreds of designes and varities producing each week.

but none makes fp or fp inks.

there are no speciality dealers,only large malls or 2 or three dealers imports a handful(few models of many companies,each too pricy).

Edited by TataiFromIndia

I have three Dewen Baoers and am very pleased with all three. (Sonnet # 3018 and two 3013s) They cost about $7.50 each from a U.S. seller and perform as well or better than pens costing $50-60.

NOw see the problem,i have best chinese pens for 3-6 $s(Rs 150-300),while u have to spend more.Same applies to usa or europe brands(considering 1 $=45-50 Rs).

I have to pay over Rs 1000 ( 20 $),even for least expensive model of waterman,shaffers,cross ,parkers.......

i.e price of a foreign fountain pen cost more than a inkjet printer,or a dvd writer,or even a good dvd player here.

how/why should we buy then?

Edited by TataiFromIndia

Try this Link

Might just fit into your budget.

Today I bought Lamy Blue(t52) bottle with blotter.Nice Blue,but a bit Lighter than weterman fb.

I also Mixed that with Chelpark Terquoise(+tiny drop of Quink black) and got a nice blue shade.

This ink as well as lamy ink will keep me busy and happy for few days.

I will mourn about Fp s later.

• 2 months later...

hello Tatai ,

stop worrying about pens & inks :unsure: , buy more paper , keep writing .

I'm a FP user like you from kolkata , and got my habit from school (we were forbidden anything but FP's in school those days , and only black ink for exam's) .

I broke and lost my father's Sheaffer then too . Now I only have a 13 yr old vector stainless-steel and a 4yr old reynolds which i think i got for 10 Rs . I use

quink's royal blue and black , rarely some green or red . that's it . Good thing is i can carry my pens in my jeans pocket , ride my bike or drop it in my swim

-tote bag (very wet) without a worry . And i use 'em for what they are good for , writing . One thing i'm darn sure about is i'm NOT gonna buy some ink --

i.e bottled dye + water for 100 Rs even , while perfectly writable stuff is there for 25 Rs . And yah parker frontier is a really good pen , available here ,

and in budget for you , i have tried one , was jolly nice . maybbe i'll buy one if I can break my present ones .hahahahaha . Trouble is my bankers often

refuse my cheques written with quink Washable royal blue ... "jol porle uthe jabe " , dunno if they are supposed to pickle their cheques in brine ..darnsssss .

Pinaki .

• 1 month later...
Trouble is my bankers often

refuse my cheques written with quink Washable royal blue ... "jol porle uthe jabe " , dunno if they are supposed to pickle their cheques in brine ..darnsssss .

Pinaki .

Easily taken care of. Rub a candle - works great !!

Surajit

....This is a line no one can see

'Tis made by an inverted Saibi Togee

since i use fps ,i often heard "u still use fountain pens?" ,"i can't use this,have u a dot pen(as we call ball pens)?"-

I bought a Hero 563 from Todd at Isellpens a while back and for ~12$USD (~500 INR) it was money well spent. There are alos many Hero pens at ~$5.00 (~230 INR)

I know going on a treasure hunt for pens is always fun but it looks like you may have to do your hunting via the internet.

Good Luck.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

• 11 months later...

no one likes fountain pens these days,especially the people i know.

actually in kolkata,there are thousands of pen shops and many internationall standard brands like cello,add,montex,flair,rotomac,reynolds and many more

hundreds of gel pens,rollers,ball pens. Cello and montex has perhaps hundreds of designes and varities producing each week.

but none makes fp or fp inks.

there are no speciality dealers,only large malls or 2 or three dealers imports a handful(few models of many companies,each too pricy).

How can I buy cello pens outside of India. I lived there a few years ago and fell in love with the pens, but I haven:t been able to buy any since!! I am interested in purchasing cello pinpoint 0.5 in blue, black and red ink.

Any suggestions???

How can I buy cello pens outside of India. I lived there a few years ago and fell in love with the pens, but I haven:t been able to buy any since!! I am interested in purchasing cello pinpoint 0.5 in blue, black and red ink.

Any suggestions???

Cello has a Europe based operation as well

http://www.celloeurope.com/products.html

Alternatively the Indian site has an address for 'Export queries'

http://www.cellopens.com/contact.html