• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ANM

• MYU

• jonro

• SquelchB

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo. I think this is the same guy who keeps presenting Diplomat (brand pens) as a "partner" to Montblanc. I have no idea what obscure historical instance he has latched onto, if indeed any justification exists at all, but he keeps slinging this line and some people have fallen for it. I think this guy is different from Benz's salesman, but he has to be just as unscrupulous. I can laugh at the Benz guy. This guy is not funny.

I think that someone is copying his style and has a naturally poor command of the English language. I sincerely hope that no one pays is starting bid of approx. $37 for a Parker 21. We'll see. He calls it a "Parker 21 Super Pen." I sent him an email telling him he was misrepresenting the pen because the Super wasn't introduced until around 1956. I wonder how he'll respond to that. That was an entertaining find, Tom. I hope this guy gives up on selling fountain pens in this manner.

If not someone is copying his style and has no idea of what he is selling or has a vivid imagination...

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/PURE-SILVER-CUP-SUPER-PARKER-21-FOUNTAIN-PEN-BLACK-1940_W0QQitemZ230256523392QQihZ013QQcategoryZ14001QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">PURE SILVER CUP SUPER PARKER 21 FOUNTAIN PEN BLACK

1940GREAT CONDITION NEW MINT USA PEN PARKER 21 HIGH VALUE</a>

Before I saw these threads popping up on FPN, I was laughing at this guy's Esterbrook/Monblanc partnership pens.

FrankB - there is no obscure historical instance, this seller is a joke at best, and a liar at worst.

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

If you look at Ebay camera, or musical instruments sections, you will see many a " Phillip Benz" type characters trying to scam people. Same modus operandi. Bad English, bad products, or inferior products hyped to the extreme , etc. Most ofthe people doing this are folks from a certain very ultra-orthodox Jewish community,and they have 2 large communities- just outside New York City,and in Israel. They are all over Ebay, and a lot of camera and musical instrument forums. Old Russian Zorki cameras are mislabelled as "Genuine Leicas", el-cheapo Chinese made violins and cellos are labelled as 'European masterpieces" etc.

Hi All,

I think this is the same fellow who, in a recent listing, identified Wearever as a "Sheaffer partner." This practice is one of several eBay techniques designed to make sure that a search for a given brand name kicks up a seller's listings for unrelated products. The Wearever turns up on a Sheaffer search, the Diplomat turns up in a Mont Blanc search, and so on. (Of course, there's the not-incosiderable side benefit of potentially suckering a novice buyer who may actually believe that the two companies are related.)

A similar trick is to list a new no-name pen - one that uses a "standard" international cartridge - and describe it as using an "OMAS cartridge" or a "MONT BLANC cartridge." Those listing titles go something like "Italian Celluloid Sterling Silver Pen OMAS cartridge." The pen's not an OMAS, of course, but it will turn up in an "OMAS" search...and an inexperienced buyer just might thing she's getting the real thing.

Tiresome stuff. Thanks for calling out this new snake-oil peddler.

Cheers,

Jon

Just as we've seen a rash of shady sellers from Thailand, there have been a number of them from Israel as well. Speaking of Phillip Benz, the guy benzvio (he's been around for a long while, don't know if there's any connection, i.e. "benz") often sells junk pens and despite obviously less than average condition appearing in the photos, he claims very good to excellent. Key photos will be conveniently out of focus slightly. Grandiose descriptions abound. This kind of seller infuriates me--feel like crossing the pond to slap them across the face for such audacity.

Recently, there was a Lamy pen with a Pelikan cap forced onto it, being pawned off as a rare conjoint model between the two companies. I mean, c'mon! The seller was from Israel--can't remember what the seller name was, though.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

This is indeed the same guy who got booted for selling a Diplomat as a Montblanc. Another time a pen he represented as white gold was just stainless. One negative rating said he charged for overnight delivery and it took 11 days to arrive.

He has 13 ratings withdrawn by mutual consent in the first 4 or 5 pages. You know, those are probably originally negative ratings.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

PS, I posted a heads up warning on May 19th that this guy was back in business. There were no responses and it sank quickly out of sight.

"PILOT NAMIKI SAILOR JAPAN ROLLER PEN " - From one of his listings. That should be an interesting pen.

I use a fountain pen because one ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to write a few reasonable words with a fountain pen.

I just noticed the 21 has a "PURE SILVER CUP" (cap), and in one place it says it is" A SPECIAL RARE AUDITION FROM SHEAFFERS"

As Frank B said, Benz is funny, this guy is not. He does not say 'protected from the element' but he does say in a lot of his descriptions, they are from "DIP STORAGE" whatever that means.

Edited by ANM

Check out his feedback history.He had lots of unhappy customers and his reply to there comments didnt made me feel as if he was honest about the pens he sold.

He is from Acco.I used to work there for 6 years untill I moved to Canada :o

Respect to all

He does not say 'protected from the element' but he does say in a lot of his descriptions, they are from "DIP STORAGE" whatever that means.

Umm...stored stuck into an inkwell?

Yeah, pretty horrible looking track record there. I love how all the people who left negative feedback were accused of blackmailing.

Also, Montblanc sure had many partners :lol:

Edited by dumdummuoi

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams

.Also, Montblanc sure had many partners :lol:

Thats right PARTNER :ltcapd:

Respect to all

Why was this post moved from where the most people would see it and my post about the same guy with the same subject was left in place?

Edited by ANM

He is not the same guy. The Benz guy is Ebay seller 8time2live. Here is the link to his items for sale: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ8time2live

He is now saying the Phillip Benz collection is the world's finest collectible pens. I think a few of our members will disagree. My favorite is the replica of Mussolini's pen. The description is a classic. It was easy to find the seller. I remember he also sold Agam serigraphs, so I did an Ebay search for Agam.