Conway Stewart Pen Case

riceprince

I am looking for a new pen case and stumbled on a Conway Stewart 3 pen leather case. I did a lot of searching but I have not found any reviews or comments about any of the Conway Stewart leather products. Does anyone have one? Is it of good quality?

I am torn between this one and a Piquadro pen case. How does the Conway Stewart quality compare to the Piquadro? Thanks.

post-12917-1211394325_thumb.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riceprince

• Doug C

• AJ50

• penguinmaster

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am looking for a new pen case and stumbled on a Conway Stewart 3 pen leather case. I did a lot of searching but I have not found any reviews or comments about any of the Conway Stewart leather products. Does anyone have one? Is it of good quality?

I am torn between this one and a Piquadro pen case. How does the Conway Stewart quality compare to the Piquadro? Thanks.

Hi

Can't help you about the Conway Steart pen case as I have never used one. I love the picture you posted - that case looks really classy :drool:

David

Edited by david6

I have some experience here so I'll be very honest. I ordered the CS thinking it was made by Piquadro. I loved the design of the 3 pen case, and I already had one of the discontinued 2 pen/note pad Piquadros.

I got it and was supremely disappointed.

Even though the look was the same, it was made out of paper thin leather (not at all like the Italian leather on the Piquadro), and there were glue marks all over it. In addition (and you really can't see it in the picture you have) the dividers for the pens consisted of a single,cheesy hard plastic insert that was coated with a red (yes, bright red) flocking on it. The plastic looked like the sort of packaging you get when you buy a piece of electronics. I actually tried to remove it because I thought it WAS part of the packaging.

I really couldn't believe that Conway Stewart would put their name on this. And I really did like the design-had Piquadro made it for them, I would have one in black and brown. Luckily, the company that I bought it from (he is on here all the time) is a class act, and had a refund to me within 3 days.

On the other hand, if you see, touch and smell Piquadro products, you'll buy one. I went out and bought my second one.

They are built to look weathered, and after a period of time, you'll sweat that it was something that came from your grandfather. Beautiful leather. I just wish they still made them in black.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Doug C

the Danitrio Fellowship

I have some experience here so I'll be very honest. I ordered the CS thinking it was made by Piquadro. I loved the design of the 3 pen case, and I already had one of the discontinued 2 pen/note pad Piquadros.

Even though the look was the same, it was made out of paper thin leather (not at all like the Italian leather on the Piquadro), and there were glue marks all over it. In addition (and you really can't see it in the picture you have) the dividers for the pens consisted of a single,cheesy hard plastic insert that was coated with a red (yes, bright red) flocking on it. The plastic looked like the sort of packaging you get when you buy a piece of electronics. I actually tried to remove it because I thought it WAS part of the packaging.

I really couldn't believe that Conway Stewart would put their name on this. And I really did like the design-had Piquadro made it for them, I would have one in black and brown. Luckily, the company that I bought it from (he is on here all the time) is a class act, and had a refund to me within 3 days.

On the other hand, if you see, touch and smell Piquadro products, you'll buy one. I went out and bought my second one.

They are built to look weathered, and after a period of time, you'll sweat that it was something that came from your grandfather. Beautiful leather. I just wish they still made them in black.

Hope this helps.

Wow, I thought that Conway Stewart would have high quality products like their pens. This makes my decision a lot easier. Thanks a lot

I have both cases for work.

I agree with Doug that Piquadro is a great leather case. I have the 2 pen case from Piquadro and love the leather texture and size of the case.

I also do like the CS case. It has a different purpose for me and do like the 2 pen case setup and the card holder on the side. I use this during the week when I am out and about in town. I have the brown case. I do agree again that the leather is thin, but I haven't had any problems with it ripping or also having glue on the leather.

Please reach out to me if you need any other info.

Regards.......

Classics

"Churn the Butter"

I agree with Doug that Piquadro is a great leather case. I have the 2 pen case from Piquadro and love the leather texture and size of the case.

I also do like the CS case. It has a different purpose for me and do like the 2 pen case setup and the card holder on the side. I use this during the week when I am out and about in town. I have the brown case. I do agree again that the leather is thin, but I haven't had any problems with it ripping or also having glue on the leather.

Regards.......

Classics

Piquadro has a 2 pen wallet case too but I cant anyone selling it. I guess I'll just have to pick up a regular 2 pen case

Regards.......

Classics

Piquadro has a 2 pen wallet case too but I cant anyone selling it. I guess I'll just have to pick up a regular 2 pen case

If you look at Piquadro's website, they don't even mention much about pen cases. A number of them have been discontinued. You can still get the most popular ones at Joon and Fountain Pen Hospital.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Hope this helps.

I've only had experiences with the Conway Stewart one. But my remarks about it follow suit with the above poster. I actually had mine break not two seconds into using it. I put a pen in, put the cover into the strap and the little piece of leather broke off the stitching. I'm going to guess I purchased it from the same seller as above as well. I e-mailed him and had a refund immediately, extreme class act on his part.

-penguin

My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

Hope this helps.

I've only had experiences with the Conway Stewart one. But my remarks about it follow suit with the above poster. I actually had mine break not two seconds into using it. I put a pen in, put the cover into the strap and the little piece of leather broke off the stitching. I'm going to guess I purchased it from the same seller as above as well. I e-mailed him and had a refund immediately, extreme class act on his part.

-penguin

Hate to say it, but we finally had to drop the CS leather goods from our offerings. Great design, nice look, but poor quality, very prone to the strap breaking as mentioned above, inferior stitching. Nothing at all like their pens!

Sam

I have one of Conway Stewarts' 20 pen holders. So far I have not had any problems though the leather is thin as is reported here. I will be looking out for the Piquadro model though. It sounds like just what I need.

• 8 years later...

What Conway Stewart pens were these cases designed for. Saw one on eBay recently and it was stated that it would take two Churchill size pens. If the case will definitely take a Churchill I'll keep a look out for one on the Bay.

My Conway Stewart pen collection is my pride and joy but both my CS pen cases (one like the OP's, except for two pens) are wretched--poorly made, paper thin leather, weak stitching.