Years first pen: Lamy Studio Steel w. Italic nib

saintsimon

I had an urge .. given that my few italic pens are out of order (Stipula Brunnelleschi with damaged factory 0.9 Italic /needs repair), need reworking (Pelikan factory 1.0 mm steel Italic calligraphy nib /with baby-bottom problem) or are scratchy (Sheaffer Targa Dark Blue/Grey Laquer with factory 1.0 mm Italic nib / I'm not afriend of it's looks) and my ressources are strained ...

Untill now my only Lamy FP was a 'cp1' which I got in 2001 as a business present from Deutsche Telekom. It is a matte black metal stick with a wet M nib - too slim for me and out of use untill recently.

When I found out that most Lamys have the same kind of nib, and the Lamy Joy 1.1 mm nib fits all others, the steel nibs are really cheap and easilly interchangeable, I put one on my 'cp1'.

The nib was quite good to write with, but my 'cp1' is not ergonomic for me, the urge developed and got stronger.

I looked out for a fatter but still cheap Lamy - there is only the Lamy Studio Steel with the rubberized section (40 Euros).

Today I gave in to the urge and bought it, replaced the dummy M nib by the 1.1 mm nib and put in a converter. It writes without scratchiness, hesitation or skipping and is not dry, also. :) :)9

The pen is quite lightweight for a steel one, doesn't need posting, has a bright shine and is fat enough for me.

This way I found a fitting pen for the gorgeous Diamine Tropical Blue, which deserves variations of a wet Italic and a bright pen :drool: :)9

Just the Z-26 converter fits too easilly into the section, I hope it won't fall off ... and the steel will show posting marks from the cap. OK, this is not a high value pen ...

Edited by saintsimon

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maja

• saintsimon

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Saintsimon,

I bought the same pen (SS Lamy Studio with 1.1mm italic nib) with some birthday money this summer, and I love using it! :) I also have a cp1, coincidentally enough, that I bought at a local antique store for about $2 or $3 (if I recall correctly). I asked if the store sold old pens and the saleslady went to the back of the store to get them; for all I know they may have been her own pens from Europe!

~Maja

(P.S. I deleted the duplicate thread for you, as requested)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files