• M4xx
    • M5xx
    • M6xx
    • M7xx
    • M8xx
    • M9xx
    • M10xx
    • Other--please state.

My first Pelikan was a pen that belonged to my father. He got it when he was around 12 years old.

I found it on the attic and being a fountain-pen-geek, I was thrilled!

After some search on the internet I found out that it was a Pelikan 120, from somewhere in the 50's.

I started using it as my main writing pen, but unfortunatly it is now spreading large amounts of ink on the paper...

It's now on my desk as an collectors item....

You can get it fixed by any number of repair people, and a 50’s Pelikan is well worth the slight amount of money needed to put it back into working condition.

Harry Leopold

“Prints of Darkness”

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dillo

• Junk Collector

• chrisb

• sonia_simone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first is a recent purchase, a Pelikan Grand Palace with a medium nib. This is a beautful pen that writes and functions well and I most likely will acquire a few more examples of this brand. But I am sorry to say that there is another that holds the number one spot in my heart.

Ken

About 10 years ago I bought a 400 Tortoise from Levenger.....pretty expensive for me! 5 years later an AP English student in my class was interested so I let him use the pen in class. He loved it so much that, when he graduated I gave it to him.

I then went to ebay and got an old 1950 400NN Tortoise, fell in love with it....and later picked up an old style matching tortoise push button ballpoint... talk about the matched pair looking good in the pocket! I use the Galileo in it (matches the pen) and then finally one of my students a few years ago gave me the Red 800. I do believe the 400 outwrites the 800 however.

Now I just need a 600!

Karma says that if you give a pen.......you get........sometimes.....a pen!

My first and only was the discontinued M150 Medium from Pendemonium. It arrived earlier this week. I have yet to ink it and test drive it. Based on the comments that should be a very pleasent experiance. ;)

After reading this I checked with Sam Fiorella at Pendemonium.

On Jan 20, 2008 6:53 PM, PENDEMONIUM <sam@pendemonium.com

I'm not aware of them being discontinued. We just got in a shipment

from Pelikan with all the M150s we ordered, they're still listed in the

most recent catalogue. I think there's an incorrect rumor making the

rounds! The M150 is alive and well.

Sam

My first one, a new M400 tortoise and white (currently on special offer from The Pear Tree) isn't here yet. It is first getting a cursive italic nib grinding by Minuskin before delivery. Meanwhile, I picked up a hardly used M200 with a 6mm stub by Binder. Looks like the Pelikans will be very interesting to write with!

I chose the M400 because its nibs are interchangeable across the most Pelikan models.

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did happen to mention to someone that I wanted a big pen to match my lumpy hands. I had in mind a MB (you know the one...) :rolleyes: He told me about the M1000 with such enthusiasm I was convinced. Then I emailed Sam at Pendemonium with my enquiry - and was doubly convinced. It may be a bit of a beast but Im still smitten with it. And now Ive discovered Clairfontaine notebooks, Ive almost forgotten how to type!

Regards

David

Who ever knew Truth put to the worse in a free and open encounter? Her confuting is the best and surest suppressing.

Just got my 1st Pelikan two days ago... went to my local B&M intending to grab a m2xx series... ended up walking out the door with the m605 for less cash. Hard to complain about that.

Also of note: my very 1st non-black with silver trim pen. It's a dark royal blue with silver trim... not much of a change, but a start... I was making eyes at a nice deep red Omas...

And after inking it up and doing a bit of writing, it won't be my last Pelikan.. I still *need* (not want, NEED) a m2xx series... and the m8xx series is interesting to me now too.

I really should go see a shrink, I've got an odd semi-completionist accumulator OCD thing going on... I can never have just one of anything I love...

four Omega watches

three IWC watches

two Breitling watches

two Montblanc vintage FPs

two Lamy 2000 series (FP and Roller)

and one Panerai watch short of divorce paperwork. :yikes:

Hrm, having sold Pelikans 1-2, I'm now on 3-6.

I can quit any time, right?

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

A Student pen Pelikan Pelikano from the 80's, lost still don't know how. A few weeks back I got an old style M600, lovely dressed in black.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a blue striped M400 with a Mottishaw left oblique nib. GREAT PEN! Love it. ALways wanted a Pel, got my bonus and and splurged!

PMS

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -Thomas Jefferson

I'll probably get kicked out of this thread for not knowing the model of it, but I bought it at least 20 years ago -- green and black (not striped; the body was solid green, the cap was black) with a gold-colored steel nib. I'd say it was the same size as the 200 series.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• 1 month later...

I actually just bought my first Pelikan today for my 6 year old son. For the last few weeks he's been trying to get a hold of my new Sonnet, and doing extra chores around the house so he can earn one. For somewhat obvious reasons I don't want to give a Sonnet to a 6 year old, so today I got him a Pelikano Jr. from Paradise Pen. I think he's going to be pretty hyped about it. The thing that I find amazing is that at 6 he has somewhat of a writing instrument obsession already...I wonder where he got that from?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My first and still the last is Gaudi LE. The first Pelikan i really liked both aesteticaly and weight/feel of it.

Mark Kotliar

http://www.pipeandtea.com/img1/kafka.jpg

My first pel is a San Francisco city series (M620 I think). I've been looking for this pen for a long time and finally found it. I think it's beautiful and represents my hometown quite well. It writes very smooth. It just glides!

The older M800 with 14C BB nib.

Whilst the pen is older, it was gifted to me in the mid-90's and I have been using it eversince.