International Traveling Journal ITJ 02

kiavonne

I have just packed it up to send to Jim...don't feel I have done very well this time around...as I said, too many other things going-on in my life just at the moment, maybe.

Ohhh, but that sounds terribly interesting...LOL Got to tell us all about it, Roger.

I hope I have (told you) but it didn't seem to be (terribly interesting), Ruth ;)

For example, why we have, to all intents & purposes, no English-language TV here at present ....went off just after the Olympics Opening Ceremony :bonk:

I am trying to get things going on our little urbanisation.

If you can't rant to your friends, your blood pressure rises...

We serve a valid, medicinal-type purpose. :D

Isn't that what a rant is for...to , literally, 'get it off your chest'? :)

And, today we have a few channels back on the air...so I can at least keep track of World news :thumbup:

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rogerb

• kiavonne

• Ondina

• kudzu

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everybody, it's arrived!

WooHoo!!!!!

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be in the post departing here today - or maybe tomorrow.

Should be in the post departing here today - or maybe tomorrow.

:) Have we bored you, Jim?

quite the contrary.

Where's it going? Where's it going? Is it coming to my house next? Is it? Is it?

no

Sorry, Clydesdave - it's winging its way to ME! I'm all a-twitter waiting for my 2nd go 'round. But I'll turn it around fast to you, so it won't be long in coming to you.

Kudzu

"I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

Happy Pan Pacific Pen Club Member!

Thank goodness it is safe. I always worry when someone lets it out on its own :)

Just entre nous, I now have satellite TV as of yesterday :thumbup:

It should have been :cloud9: but, as ever, ther have been snags which will, hopefully be sorted-out today (I have witheld 60% of the payment, so I guess they will be!!)

They put the 1.8m/6ft communal satellite dish on the roof of the one person who has opted-out of the scheme....then implied it was MY fault for not having watched them more carefully :o

And they dropped the dish off my balcony....fortunately and luckily with minimal damage to my property and none to me or my animals! However, the dish got bent, so they have to move it and replace it today, before they get paid!

I just wanted them to say "We screwed-up, but we'll put it right tomorrow"......this lack of ability to apologise(all too common, IMO) might make one think they were standing for political office ;)

But like the ITJ we are 'getting there' ...it will be nice to have something to shout-at (rather than the dog) as the evenings draw-in !

Edited by rogerb

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

Great news, Roger. Now you'll be able to follow the U.S. election & possible global meltdown in HDTV!

Kudzu

Oh, no, not HD yet...waiting for an improved service and cheaper hardware!

Don Marquis

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for keeping our little journal so long, but it's now off to the safe hands of Clydesdave. What a very nice and interesting group of people we are!

Kudzu

:bunny01: Oh Greatest of Joy! Oh Joy to not be contained! I am so looking forward to reading it!

This is like when you have climbed to the top of the mountain, and, you know, you call into the cave to see if the Seer is in there (I do this all the time) and he, like, says "Hello" or something and you know he's like, there. So you're like just sittin' there waitin like, and you KNOW you're going to like, get your question answered and..... well..... that's how I feel!

I can't wait to read it! ..... and then I'm like, going to get to WRITE in it and all. It's kinda like.... signing my name in the book of time or something. :bunny01:

I think I know JUST what I'm going to write, 'cause it's like Halloween and everything, so like, I'm going to write about my ghost experience I just had and stuff.

....one more :bunny01:

At Your Service,

Clydesdave

:bunny01: Oh Greatest of Joy! Oh Joy to not be contained! I am so looking forward to reading it!

This is like when you have climbed to the top of the mountain, and, you know, you call into the cave to see if the Seer is in there (I do this all the time) and he, like, says "Hello" or something and you know he's like, there. So you're like just sittin' there waitin like, and you KNOW you're going to like, get your question answered and..... well..... that's how I feel!

I can't wait to read it! ..... and then I'm like, going to get to WRITE in it and all. It's kinda like.... signing my name in the book of time or something. :bunny01:

I think I know JUST what I'm going to write, 'cause it's like Halloween and everything, so like, I'm going to write about my ghost experience I just had and stuff.

....one more :bunny01:

:ltcapd:

You went valley girl on me??

Now I really can't wait until I see it again!!

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

In all seriousness, I look forward to reading it very much. I've met the people, and I am truly excited to read what they have added. I look forward to writing in it again. I don't know what I'm going to write, but I know I have things to say to these friends I've just made. I am greatly enjoying this thing and I thank you for making it happen Kiavonne.

At Your Service,

Clydesdave

The International Traveling Journal 02, Spain or Bust is now in Southern California! I have it, I've read it and it is very enjoyable!

At Your Service,

Clydesdave

The International Traveling Journal 02, Spain or Bust is now in Southern California! I have it, I've read it and it is very enjoyable!

I'm just hoping that you're not just being kind. I'm sure my dyslexic drivel must have bored people that managed to decypher it.