Cross Apogee

Apollo

My Apogee has those same labels on its box.

Still, wherever the pen is made; in part or whole, it's a scarilly well made midrange pen: it puts my Parkers and Rotrings to shame, espescially for writing consistency and refinement - and that's just a ballpoint! :blush:

Edited by ballboy

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apollo

• refillczar

• ballboy

• platosforms

Have just decided to up my bid on an Apogee in Titian Red for 55GBP. Will see If I've won it or not when I get back from work tomorrow.

Fingers crossed ^_^

No luck! still, gives me time to review my choice of finish before another bid or purchase somewhere else.

Edited by ballboy

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

• 2 months later...

While I find the appogee to be well-balanced and very attractive, I have to say I was dissapointed with the nib. I have a fine nib on mine, and I find it to be very toothy. It is definitely not as smooth as many of my other pens.

• 2 months later...

Well, the packaging hasn't changed on the Apogees I've seen in the last couple of days. They still read China. Regardless, it's still a fine pen. I still think the nib looks too small for the size of the pen even though it doesn't impede writing. I just think a larger nib would improve the pen's aesthetics.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

Well, the packaging hasn't changed on the Apogees I've seen in the last couple of days. They still read China. Regardless, it's still a fine pen. I still think the nib looks too small for the size of the pen even though it doesn't impede writing. I just think a larger nib would improve the pen's aesthetics.

Hear hear . . . sorta', heh, 'cause The Man likes the nib; until I received my Engraved Chrome Cross Apogee, I had been using my VP (took me awhile to ink THAT one) . . . same "small" kinda' nib, which I've grown to prefer.

The Apogee's a great pen. Cross isn't joking around when they call it that. I mean, the smoothest writer in my collection.

Don't mean to start up any flame wars but, what I keep in mind is Cross is still a U.S. company. Still started as a U.S. company and, yes, they got offices all over the planet, anyways. Still can be said to have been started by someone whose profession had already been in crafting writing instruments. So Cross is left out of the big four; Cross has stood on their own for more than 150 years, is my opinion.

Well at least Refillczar assures us that most of the work is done in the States, so I'll go with that The Man. ;)

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

• 1 year later...
Good review, however I must make one correction, the Apogee is currently being produced in Lincoln RI not in China as stated.

Bill

Bill - if I purchase an Apogee with a medium point but later determine a fine point would be better, can I replace the nib or would I have to send it in?

Thanks.

Edited by platosforms

Apollo:

It has been over a year since you reviewed your Titan Red Apogee. Any additional comments now that you have used it for a year? Does the cap still post and cover securely? Did you review a medium or fine nib? If you were to purchase another Apogee, which nib size would you choose? My experience with fine nibs is that they are not smooth and skip now and then. I read a review in which the author indicated he would select a fine nib if he were to purchase another Apogee. I'd appreciate you thoughts.

Thank you.

Platosforms

• 5 years later...