The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Has anyone had any dealing with this person

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OldGriz

OldGriz

I Assimilated The Borg

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2005 - 20:25

I was looking at eBay today (really I was just looking, I did not bid on anything) and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this eBayer from Thailand... dodamdeet
TomPosted Image
A veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

Sponsored Content

#2 The Noble Savage

The Noble Savage

Yo Soy El Bandito Bexley

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 20:39

I would be very careful. I do not know that person but there has been a lot of fraud with ebay sellers from that part of the world. I would check out the feedback and make sure that there is at least 50+ feedback with an average of 98% rating. I would be very cautious if the percentage is less than that.

As a fequent ebayer, I have lucked out but also I did a bit of research into who the sellers are. Sellers from China is another hotspot of fraud. IF something doesnt feel right, then it isnt!!!

TNS
Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites
Fountain Pen Reviews
Ink Reviews

#3 antoniosz

antoniosz

ET IN ARCADIA EGO

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 21:23

I was looking at eBay today (really I was just looking, I did not bid on anything)  and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this eBayer from Thailand... dodamdeet

Stay away. The probability of fraud is very high - There has been a seller called oasico from Thailand who has "reincarnated" many times under different names, A lot are still "crying" over lost time and money. He lures people with few good transactions and then the party starts until he is caught. He disappears and resurfaces with a new name.

If you insist to take chances - don't complain later :)
Actually you can contact speerdbob at ebay - he is a good guy that recently moved to Thailand and he might be able to help you with more info (but he is a busy person).

AZ

PS> Thanks SaintSimon :)

Edited by antoniosz, 30 December 2005 - 21:47.

#4 saintsimon

saintsimon

Si tacuisses ...

• Member - Gold

• 2,507 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2005 - 21:32

Actually you can contact speedbob at ebay - he is a good guy that recently moved to Thailand and he might be able to help you with more info (but he is a busy person).

AZ

Antonios, you mean speeRbob from Bangkok, don't you?

If yes, then I can also recommend him, as I had a pleasant experience: one $20 Pilot Elite I bought from him had a porous section (ink came through) and he sent me another one for free :)

Edited by saintsimon, 30 December 2005 - 21:32.

#5 OldGriz

OldGriz

I Assimilated The Borg

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2005 - 22:54

Kind of thought the same thing you are all saying... if it sounds too good it probably is...
TomPosted Image
A veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

#6 Watermoon

Watermoon

Big Dipper

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 00:36

Did anybody have any experience with Yorkgifts from Singapore on eBay? Should I keep away?

#7 handlebar

handlebar

Long distance runner!!!

• Member - Gold

• 2,159 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:38

Sometimes those great deals can be just that: Great deals!! I have been fortunate on ebay in this regard. But i just have a bad feeling with some of the SE asian marketplaces.I have been burned before and even though it was not a lot of money,it seems to have always come from the Orient. Not that all happens there mind you. But my item was a copy/knock-off and i did run that risk. Of course i have been sold an imitation in New York and London too so best beware. But it has been proven that the world's share of counterfeit items come from the east.

Checking references like you are doing is a good thing .

All the best,

Jim

#8 swifty

swifty

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:40

Be cautious, like others have said, feedback rating is very important. Peersonally, I do not buy from any seller with a rating below 98 percent and at least 75 comments. I have had great experience with mr. Seow from Pensgallery in Malaysia.

#9 Penturner

Penturner

Exotic Woods Make Me Happy!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:46

I was looking at eBay today (really I was just looking, I did not bid on anything) and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this eBayer from Thailand... dodamdeet

Apparently Caution was warrented. His Ebay account has been suspended.
Larry Korn
Virginia Beach, VA

"An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert Heinlein, "The roads Must Roll"

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#10 Slush99

Slush99

FullMetal

• Member - Gold

• 1,579 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 15:20

:o :o

I'm glad... you were careful...
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Begun, the Spam Wars Have.
How to Be a Perfect Lady: according to the media - a satire
The Adventures of Chewie

#11 Betty

Betty

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 15:23

That's good you were cautious! I hate how ebay don't suspend those sellers with like 300 negative feedbacks, but 5000 positives, probably because those sellers make enough money for ebay. I've had a run-in with one of these sellers before for buying a simple book. To make matters worse, that lady gave retailatory feedback (which I discovered when re-reading her feedbacks) & ruined my 100% perfect score. I still hate her to this day.

But I am also very very cautious of sellers from Asia. I always check shipping cost too. The bid can be cheap, but they jack it up with HUGE shipping
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|