Parker Penman Mocha

girlieg33k

Thank you for this review. I just got a pack Mocha cartridges and I was curious to see how they look. Debating whether I should sell them, or use them... :hmm1:

Don't use them - you'll realise that Mocha is exceptional. Subsequently, I reckon you'll spend your waking hours trolling the 'Net and driving back roads on the search for more Mocha. Nope - don't do it. All the rest of you inks will pale in the shadow of the memories of Mocha. Nope - don't do it. Unrequited emotions will dog you. Nope - don't do it.

What she said!

Too late... I popped one into my Insignia. :lol: It's a great color. :)

Indeed it is wonderful; but go easy on 'em - one does not want to be disowned by their dogs.

What a waste -- I was prepared to pay $500.00 per cartridge, but I only buy full unopened packs.

This is exciting! I actually came online to see if I could still find emerald penman cartridges and stumbled on this thread. Not sure what you mean by full unopened packs since the boxes don't come sealed but I still have some mocha cartridges left over. - One full box of five cartridges and two left in the another box. I don't want to waste them. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mescof1

• Sandy1

• ThirdeYe

• Dupontdelamare

I believe that the comment to which you're referring was made 'tongue in cheek'. No-one would ever dream of paying that kind of money for unopened packs of Penman Mocha cartridges.

Bottles of ink and cartridges show up on ebay occasionally.

Edited by Chrissy

I believe that the comment to which you're referring was made 'tongue in cheek'. No-one would ever dream of paying that kind of money for unopened packs of Penman Mocha cartridges.

Bottles of ink and cartridges show up on ebay occasionally.

That comment was made one year ago. Considering the inflation factor I'll go $750 now. :roflmho:

What a great ink. Why does someone always have to mess with the good stuff?

on my screen, the dark brown has a purplish shade. could it be just my screen? otherwise, it's very nice.

Edited by rudyhou

-rudy-

I've got some bran new bottles of Mocha that I'm willing to sell, as well as some Sapphire, and a bottle of Ruby if you just want the ink.

Ah, if only you were in the UK. Or even the EU.

<sigh>

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

I'm waiting for a box of NOS cartridges Penman Mocha in the mail. They are appromimately 50% full the sender said...

At 750$ a cartridge, lemme think... :hmm1: ...

Oh Mercian? I am in the EU!

Edited by Shaughn

I've got some bran new bottles of Mocha that I'm willing to sell, as well as some Sapphire, and a bottle of Ruby if you just want the ink.

Ah, if only you were in the UK. Or even the EU.

<sigh>

Well maybe we could make a deal. PM me if you're interested!

Check out my fledgling pen blog, Kimball's Writing Instruments at http://kimballspens.blogspot.com/

• 2 years later...

Appears to me to have a pink undertone. Or at least my sample does. Wonderful color.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• 2 years later...

Old thread; but I sure wish I could find some of this stuff. Great Ink.

The closest I've been able to come to duplicating it is Noodler's Walnut --- still not the same.

Edited by Mescof1

• 1 year later...

I just found three cartridge packs of Penman Mocha (written as Moka by the seller, and there are a number of different language spellings on the boxes) for 5€ + 3€ postage; so I should soon be able to compare with my other browns: Waterman Havana, Stipula Sepia, Herbin Lie de The and Cafe des Iles, Montblanc Toffee, Pilot Yamaguri, Faber Castell Hazelnut, etc. You can see I had a brown ink phase, but which has been rather pushed out by a murky green phase: Sailor Rikyu-Cha, and Stipula Musk Green, in particular (although, I am still enjoying Kwz IG Aztec Gold and IG Mandarin which are sort of “Off-browns”); I hope these 15 cartridges will not begin the sort of longing I have been reading about here, but may rekindle somewhat my previous brown Ink interest. Unfortunately these were the seller’s last ones, so if I’m addicted I’ll have to pay the over the top prices usually asked for these.

Having received my three boxes of Mocha cartridges I popped one into an old rather battered Parker 180, and yes Mocha is a cool grey brown without the yellow content of Lie de The, for example, or the red content of Havana. My closest ink to this could be IG Platinum Sépia. Fortunately, as I do enjoy this very sobre ink, the seller immediately told me he had found three more boxes, which of course I snapped up.

Now I might need a bottle of this ink, but Platinum Sepia is not so far off, if perhaps more difficult to use being an IG ink.

Regards

Dupontdelamare