Pictorial instructions to refill Hero 336 pens?

weemeng

Hi,

I'll be donating 100 pieces of Hero 336 to my daughter's school fun fair as lucky draw prizes as I thought it would be something unusual for the kids as most have probably not seen such a pen before.

Unfortunately, the pens do not come with refilling instructions. Whilst u and I know know how to fill it, the kids and their parents may not.

Does anyone have pictorial instructions on how to refill such squeeze pens? I'm thinking of putting them into the boxes.

thx

weemeng

edited: pen model

Edited by weemeng

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• weemeng

• graceaj

• murph

• JDlugosz

Nice idea to introduce kids to fountain pens. :thumbup: Only thing I'm wondering is if they'll just toss it when they try to write with it only to find there isn't any ink. Unless you're going to fill them beforehand as well?

As for a pictorial instruction, I don't remember seeing any. Maybe you can just take a picture and just add an arrow with the words 'press here for x no. of times'? And also mention that Parker & Pelikan ink can be found pretty readily & cheaply should they wish to refill it.

Looking to exchange ink samples! Available: Noodler's Bulletproof Black, Noodler's 54th Massachusetts, Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses, Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher, Noodler's Operation Overlord Orange

A very nice gesture. I don't know how keen the kids will be to go to the bother of purchasing and filling them. Maybe you should take along a few bottles so they can fill them on the day if they want and once you show a few kids I'm sure they'll be willing to demonstrate to others.

As long as it's nothing like my old school where the ink would probably have been squirted around the pens would have been used as darts. :)

Nice idea to introduce kids to fountain pens. :thumbup: Only thing I'm wondering is if they'll just toss it when they try to write with it only to find there isn't any ink. Unless you're going to fill them beforehand as well?

As for a pictorial instruction, I don't remember seeing any. Maybe you can just take a picture and just add an arrow with the words 'press here for x no. of times'? And also mention that Parker & Pelikan ink can be found pretty readily & cheaply should they wish to refill it.

No, I dont think I have the time to ink up 100 of the pens. If I take 3 minutes to fill up a pen, it'll be 300 minutes to do the whole lot. Once the ink finishes, the child and their parents still need to figure out how to refill it.

I think it's a good idea to take a picture and add the arrow. I'll also mention what ink to use in case they put India ink in it!

rgds

weemeng

:

:

As long as it's nothing like my old school where the ink would probably have been squirted around the pens would have been used as darts. :)

ha ha ha, i remember those days of flicking ink at each other and running away. each of us would be covered with drops of ink. it was most fortunate for us that we didn't have noodler's permanent inks back then.

:)

weemeng

Do you expect everyone to go out and buy a bottle of ink too? Maybe you should have a party to demonstrate and let everyone fill.

Mix custom colors to make it more "cool" and trendy.

Nice idea and gesture. Have you thought about YouTube? Recording the process and uploading it may be more on the wave of today's kids...just an idea. And they can watch it a hundred times over.

Edited by Ondina

Do you expect everyone to go out and buy a bottle of ink too?

:

:

Good thot! I think I'll throw in a couple of bottles of ink/tissues like what murph suggested and ask the organisers to set up a pen filling corner. But I'll need to check with the organisers to find out if it can be done. I'm just one of the many prize donors and will not be operating the stalls.

Hopefully the kids won't start ink wars and start flinging ink at each other; those days were good fun :thumbup:

BTW, I've drawn up a little instruction sheet on how to fill the pen up. Will photocopy it and include it in the pen boxes.

Edited spelling errors.

Edited by weemeng

Hi,

I'll be donating 100 pieces of Hero 336 to my daughter's school fun fair as lucky draw prizes as I thought it would be something unusual for the kids as most have probably not seen such a pen before.

Unfortunately, the pens do not come with refilling instructions. Whilst u and I know know how to fill it, the kids and their parents may not.

Does anyone have pictorial instructions on how to refill such squeeze pens? I'm thinking of putting them into the boxes.

thx

weemeng

edited: pen model

I suggest you email Richard Binder to ask permission to use the instructions at www.richardspens.com.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)