The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Pro Gear Slim Mini Blue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lingyuki

lingyuki

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 14:24

Pics first:

DSC07808.JPG

DSC07806.JPG

First Impressions:

Wow! My Grandad sent this pen from Asia when he heard I'd been accepted into my top choice college/turned 18/was graduating. I love it! It matches my school color too! thumbup.gif

The Sailor nib:

It's a H-M "Hard Medium" (guessing on the "H-M")? It writes quite fine, like a 0.5 mm about. After writing with it, I FINALLY know what all those Sailor enthusiasts were talking about. This nib is SMOOOOOOOOOTH. (I need Santana to play that song right about now.) WowZA! cloud9.gif

Basic Specs:

This pen takes Sailor cartridges only. I love Sailor inks so I'm not complaining.

The size is comfortable when posted. I really like how the designers of the pen put the threads on the back of the pen! Great idea and really useful mechanism. eureka.gif Having used a retractable nib Decimo and VP for a while, I'm not that used to keeping track of a removable cap.

Love this pen! My collection will soon be of only these two pens. (Selling the Pelikan to a friend perhaps.) I'm ready for college!

Edited by lingyuki, 25 April 2008 - 14:25.

Sponsored Content

#2 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 16:43

I have this pen, also! Mine is an XF nib. And lemme tellya, it is EXTRA fine! EXTRA EXTRA!

But I love it. I have a black with silver trim with a F nib on its way. Hurrah!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

#3 AndyHayes

AndyHayes

Too Many Pens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2008 - 16:49

I have one of these and I wasn't stuck on it at first, but it has grown on me since. It remains the smoothest of the nibs that I have. It doesn't get as much use as it should though.

#4 el3ssar

el3ssar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 14:20

Nice pics !! I love my Sapporo, it is fantastic (I miss it, I should have take it with me crybaby.gif ). But I have a Pro Gear on its way, hope it will be there within a week cloud9.gif

Enjoy your Sailors smile.gif

#5 NeoTiger

NeoTiger

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 14:33

Nice pen, congratz~

Even though it is cartridge-only, once you finish the cartridge you can rinse it out and refill the cartridge with any ink you like, using a syringe.

#6 Keng

Keng

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 15:03

Great pen, nice handwriting too...

Mike
Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money.
- Cree Indian Proverb

#7 KCat

KCat

Honorary Administrator

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2008 - 16:35

ooh - the dark blue. Very nice. I love these pens and eventually hope to have more (both mini and regular size "Sapporo" (Pro Gear Slim.) Nice pics and nice commentary.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

#8 Brian

Brian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 20:08

Congratulations on a great gift that will provide a connection to your family as you are away studying hard. Good luck with school, it will be challenging and fun.

Sponsored Content

|