The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Evershar-Parker III: Eversharp made in UK

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 antoniosz

antoniosz

ET IN ARCADIA EGO

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 23:01

I continue in this posting my ramblings on the pens of Eversharp of the 50s and the Eversharp-Parker of the early 60s that led to the Parker 45. The earlier postings are in these links (Eversharp I (deja-vue) and Evesharp-Parker II: 10,000 words pen).

The pen that I want to discuss today is an Eversharp pen which was made in UK.
Initially I thought that the name was viking The only reason that I know the name is that the name was Viking because my first sample had the chaulk marks on it.
Later I found one with Vanguard in the chalk marks and another with the name V.10. All of them have the v-shaped top on the cap which is identical to the Evesharp-Parker II: 10,000 words pen. The plastics are also of the same color and quality that one can see in the Big Es. Both bear the Eversharp name inscribed at the bottom of the cap and behind it clearly marked Made in UK
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The clips bear the familiar E symbol of Eversharp.
Posted Image
I have two of them one with a strainless and 14K nibs. The 14K has remarkable flex.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The nibs appear very similar to those of the english Parker Slimfolds. In fact the feeds are also similar, as seen below (the black one is the Slimfold).
Posted Image
the filler is also interesting. It is an aerometric filler with an all plastic cage. Clearly the sign of a cost cutting times. The breather tube is visible.
Posted Image
I do not know whether this is a post 1958 or pre-1958 pen. The connections with the 10,000 words pen and other Parker - Eversharp pens is clear. If you have any information about this pen I would appreciate receiving it.

Edited by antoniosz, 19 February 2007 - 01:17.

Sponsored Content

#2 Dan Carmell

Dan Carmell

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 04:34

Great photos and discussion, Antonios! I went back and looked at your previous articles and I have to say I look forward to looking over your shoulder as you explore the Eversharp/Parker connection.

Merrry Xmas, Dan

#3 antoniosz

antoniosz

ET IN ARCADIA EGO

• Member - Gold

• 3,004 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 17:04

One more photo (a bad one) added with marks that show that Viking was not the name of the model but just that of one the variances. For whoever might be interested in the esoteric piece of knowledge :)

#4 Johnny Appleseed

Johnny Appleseed

Collector of Eclectic Knowledge

• Member - Gold

• 3,798 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:41

Hey AZ, another great thread and photos.

Have you figured out any ryhme or reason to the naming - ie. combination of nib/cap style? It would probably take more samples to say, but it is a start.

John
So if you have a lot of ink,
You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

#5 antoniosz

antoniosz

ET IN ARCADIA EGO

• Member - Gold

• 3,004 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 14:20

John, I have no idea. I dont know anything else about these pens other than what I wrote here. I found two couple of months ago, and another two two weeks ago. I may have one more coming soon. I will be updating this post as I figure out more.

AZ

Sponsored Content

|