Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Waterman Expert II
Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:45
1. First Impression - I work at an office supply store. This is the most expensive pen we sell (at $145). I was returning a Cross ball point (which i hated) and figured i could save some money on the Waterman at the same time. When it arrived at the store, it came in a blue box that said Waterman on it. The box was very nice. Inside was the pen, a converter cartridge, a black ink cartridge, and directions.
2. Appearance and Finish - The pen is beautiful. Its black with gold trims. I like it because its not too flashy. I could see myself using it in a business situation years from now. It has a high gloss, polished metal finish. The cap is put on with a satisfying click that lets you know it wont be going anywhere. When posting the cap it makes a similar click, which i really like. The pen looks nothing like i thought it would...it exceeds my expectations 10 fold.
3. Design/Size/Weight - The design is excellent. As mentioned above, the click action of the cap is something I really like. Its top is flat, but at an angle. It is a little over 5.5 in. with the cap on, 6 in. posted, and 5 in. unposted. I can't give you much information on the weight of the pen, just that its heavy enough to know its there, but not overly heavy to make writing uncomfortable. I was expecting this pen to be very heavy, but i find it to be the perfect weight.
4. Nib Design and Performance - this is where im going to sound like a noob. I got the pen in medium. the nib is gold and silver and says Waterman on it. It performs well. No skipping, a good solid medium line. I also recently got a Lamy 2000 M and am returning it because its line is too broad. This is the kind of line im looking for. I feel it writes well.
5. Filling system - converter cartridge (included) or cartridges. the capacity seems good, for a converter.
6. Cost/Value - I can't really afford to spend $145 dollars on a pen that often, so in my book its pretty pricey. Its MSRP is $145, i got it for about $90. I love the pen, no doubt. Its def worth the money...i just wish i could afford others =]
7. Overall Opinion/Conclusion - Great pen. It looks great, feels great, writes great. This is going to be my everyday pen.
Pictures (sorry if the quality is poor)
let me know how i did reviewing the pen...and any suggestions for my next review.
Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:34
Avatar painting by William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825 - 1905) titled La leçon difficile (The difficult lesson)
Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:33
This is my first review...so forgive any novice information================
Very good, JD!
Now, I am going to post some very good online sellers, who offer marvelous discounts. These are people from whom many of us, including moi, have made purchases:
Best to you!!
Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:44
But in all seriousness, hope you have great times with that beautiful pen !
Congrats on an awesome deal !!!
Posted 25 April 2008 - 19:14