The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman Expert II

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jdboucher

jdboucher

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:45

This is my first review...so forgive any novice information

1. First Impression - I work at an office supply store. This is the most expensive pen we sell (at $145). I was returning a Cross ball point (which i hated) and figured i could save some money on the Waterman at the same time. When it arrived at the store, it came in a blue box that said Waterman on it. The box was very nice. Inside was the pen, a converter cartridge, a black ink cartridge, and directions.

2. Appearance and Finish - The pen is beautiful. Its black with gold trims. I like it because its not too flashy. I could see myself using it in a business situation years from now. It has a high gloss, polished metal finish. The cap is put on with a satisfying click that lets you know it wont be going anywhere. When posting the cap it makes a similar click, which i really like. The pen looks nothing like i thought it would...it exceeds my expectations 10 fold.

3. Design/Size/Weight - The design is excellent. As mentioned above, the click action of the cap is something I really like. Its top is flat, but at an angle. It is a little over 5.5 in. with the cap on, 6 in. posted, and 5 in. unposted. I can't give you much information on the weight of the pen, just that its heavy enough to know its there, but not overly heavy to make writing uncomfortable. I was expecting this pen to be very heavy, but i find it to be the perfect weight.

4. Nib Design and Performance - this is where im going to sound like a noob. I got the pen in medium. the nib is gold and silver and says Waterman on it. It performs well. No skipping, a good solid medium line. I also recently got a Lamy 2000 M and am returning it because its line is too broad. This is the kind of line im looking for. I feel it writes well.

5. Filling system - converter cartridge (included) or cartridges. the capacity seems good, for a converter.

6. Cost/Value - I can't really afford to spend $145 dollars on a pen that often, so in my book its pretty pricey. Its MSRP is $145, i got it for about $90. I love the pen, no doubt. Its def worth the money...i just wish i could afford others =]

7. Overall Opinion/Conclusion - Great pen. It looks great, feels great, writes great. This is going to be my everyday pen.

Pictures (sorry if the quality is poor)
http://i283.photobuc...er/IMG_0016.jpg
http://i283.photobuc...er/IMG_0015.jpg
http://i283.photobuc...er/IMG_0014.jpg

let me know how i did reviewing the pen...and any suggestions for my next review.

Sponsored Content

#2 Steven

Steven

Bon Vivant

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:34

Thank you for a great review.

Avatar painting by William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825 - 1905) titled La leçon difficile (The difficult lesson)

#3 satrap

satrap

chgosatrap

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:33

[quote name='jdboucher' date='Apr 23 2008, 08:45 PM' post='588982']
This is my first review...so forgive any novice information================

Very good, JD!

Now, I am going to post some very good online sellers, who offer marvelous discounts. These are people from whom many of us, including moi, have made purchases:

www.swisherpens.com
www.oscarbraunpens.com
www.pendemonium.com
www.peartreepens.com

Best to you!!

diane bunny01.gif

"... because I am NOT one of your FANZ!" the INTP said to the ESFJ.

#4 matrixseq

matrixseq

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:44

That was an Expert review (get it ... Expert as in the pen you bought....yeah I know, that was pretty lame...but it is early hours in the morning for me here... rolleyes.gif )

But in all seriousness, hope you have great times with that beautiful pen !

Congrats on an awesome deal !!! thumbup.gif

#5 Ondina

Ondina

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 17:37

Good review of a nice pen. Thanks.

#6 goodguy

goodguy

Fountain pens and watches collector

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,534 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2008 - 19:14

Nice review and great pen but I think you over paid for it.
Respect to all

Sponsored Content

|