Parker Duofold Citrine

George Drummond

Has anyone got a citrine yet? How does it look in real life? Pictures would be nice ;)

My humble stable: Parker Duofold Centennial GT, Pilot 823 & 742, Conway Stewart 27 Plum Hatched, Pelikan M600, Faber Castell Ambition, Platinum PTL-5000, Kaweco Classic Sport, a small herd of Lamy Safari/Al-Star/Joy, a clutch of Parker 51 aeros and vacs, and a bunch of Pilot 78G

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lewertowski

• George Drummond

• asexton

• DuofoldRuud68

Has anyone got a citrine yet? How does it look in real life? Pictures would be nice ;)

Recently, I e-mailed Sanford and they stated the Citrine is to be available in Fall for us living in the States.

lewertowski has a few already. I'm really tempted, but was rather underwhelmed by how the red check looked in real life. The blue check is nice though. Just wanted to know whether the citrine looks nearly as nice as Parker's official pictures on their website:D

My humble stable: Parker Duofold Centennial GT, Pilot 823 & 742, Conway Stewart 27 Plum Hatched, Pelikan M600, Faber Castell Ambition, Platinum PTL-5000, Kaweco Classic Sport, a small herd of Lamy Safari/Al-Star/Joy, a clutch of Parker 51 aeros and vacs, and a bunch of Pilot 78G

Yesterday I checked out the new citrine at Akkerman in the Hague, Netherlands. It is beautiful. I am tempted by the centennial (EUR 425,--). :thumbup:

It is beautiful but not like the photos, less brillant, less lighter, J.M.L.

Checked your store - do Check Duofolds rise in price? At least, I can see that list prices increased by 30-35%.

Pens in use: Parker Duofold Cent. Marble Blue (F), Parker 51, Lamy Safari Yellow.

Recently, I e-mailed Sanford and they stated the Citrine is to be available in Fall for us living in the States.

Will the centennial be available in the US?

-Cody

Acme The Simpsons Rollerballs

Chatterly Pens Romulus - Stub

Classic Pens LM1 - Flame Red - Stub

Krone Boulder - Thunderbird - B

Levenger True Writer - Gold Obsidian - F

Namiki/Pilot VP - Yellow - M

Omas Paragon - Arco old style

Pelikan M250 - Demonstrator - M

Stipula Etruria - Cracked Ice Gaudi - 1.1 Italic

Visconti Divine Proportion - Silver trim - M

Visconti Opera Club - Typhoon Blue - M

Visconti Ripple - Blue Silver - M

Grail pen:

Dragon Studios - Jules

It is beautiful but not like the photos, less brillant, less lighter, J.M.L.

Checked your store - do Check Duofolds rise in price? At least, I can see that list prices increased by 30-35%.

No, they have the same price in Euro, but now 1GBP = 1,24Euros instead 1,50Euros 8 months ago and unfortunately I buy them in Euros, I have not changed my prices since 1 years and have sold the last one with loss, J.M.L.

• 5 years later...

About a year ago I was browsing the web, looking for yet another early 90's marble Centennial when the Citrine caught my eye. Although I'm madly in love with the flattops, this streamlined FP looked rather nice...and it was a steal (€ 150, mint condition). I decided to take a chance on it and it proved to be a good one. In a few months it started to grow on me and now it's one of my favourites. The nib was rather sturdy in the beginning but now it's almost as smooth as my 1992 M nib and I sometimes find myself looking at it in the sun, admiring the brightness and the deep satin colour.

A thing of beauty....

Thou shalt not stir one foot to seek a foe.

Eadem Mutata Resurgo.

You Really Didn't just NOT post a pic of that beauty did you?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

It will be cheaper on eBay within a year I figure ;-)

I guess THAT turned out to be not true. I hardly EVER see a Citrine on Fleabay.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

• 1 month later...

it is too expensive for what is worth :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time