The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

FPN appearing slow

Dearest Member or Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to a continuing DDoS attack, FPN could be moving only slowly. Hosting Support is dealing with this. The earlier reported hardware issue has been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Warm regards, the FPN Moderator & Admin Team

Photo

Mumbai Pen Shops

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#161 yash_666

yash_666

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:37

Hey Hari, I can not thank you enough for this post. I visited Apsara and shukla pen mart recently and my experience was nothing less than amazing. One quick question though, I got a 1.1 mm stub on my lamy safari at 1000 rupees, was it a fair deal? The mrp is 1100

Sponsored Content

#162 jay.is.here

jay.is.here

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:10

I think its a fair deal.

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.” 
Osho

#163 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:39

Hey Hari, I can not thank you enough for this post. I visited Apsara and shukla pen mart recently and my experience was nothing less than amazing. One quick question though, I got a 1.1 mm stub on my lamy safari at 1000 rupees, was it a fair deal? The mrp is 1100

great. the current mrp appears to be 2200, so I feel you got a good deal?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#164 yash_666

yash_666

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:43

great. the current mrp appears to be 2200, so I feel you got a good deal?

#165 yash_666

yash_666

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:44

2200 for a replacement nib? Wow, lucky me.

#166 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:46

2200 for a replacement nib? Wow, lucky me.

hello, I thought you had purchased a full pen with a 1.1 nib for 1100. 2200 is the price of the pen, not just the nib.  I have no idea of the nib prices, but any price less than the stated mrp should be fine. enjoy!

Edited by hari317, 27 November 2015 - 11:46.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#167 yash_666

yash_666

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2015 - 18:17

hello, I thought you had purchased a full pen with a 1.1 nib for 1100. 2200 is the price of the pen, not just the nib.  I have no idea of the nib prices, but any price less than the stated mrp should be fine. enjoy!

Thats what I thought too. The pen comes in for less that 2200 if you ask for a deal on a regular color. Thank you anyway.

#168 Helen350

Helen350

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2016 - 18:29

I know this is an old topic, but reading through it, and enjoying the pictures of the pen store and the marketplace, was fascinating.  I have two vintage pens needing new sacs,  and will be installing those sacs soon.   Thanks FPN for the education given on how to replace a sac, and clean up an older pen making it look new!

#169 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2016 - 18:32

I know this is an old topic, but reading through it, and enjoying the pictures of the pen store and the marketplace, was fascinating.  I have two vintage pens needing new sacs,  and will be installing those sacs soon.   Thanks FPN for the education given on how to replace a sac, and clean up an older pen making it look new!

Thanks Helen. I am glad this thread continues to be interesting even after 8 long years. The shops are all still there, some have been re-modelled/face lifted,

#170 MSH

MSH

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2016 - 18:48

I never thought I would go to Mumbai...but these photos may cause me to consider changing my mind.

Thanks!

#171 RayyanSheriff

RayyanSheriff

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2016 - 17:20

I asked the price for a pelikan m1000 in Apsara pen mart, they said it is around 38k, where as the online price of m1000 (william penn and even in flipkart before they went out of stock) is around 62k which is too much. Is the service provided by Apsara pen mart reliable enough to purchase such an expensive pen and what are other alternatives to buy an m1000 in INDIA.

#172 darazs

darazs

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2016 - 19:54

Thanks for sharing those pictures. India ia such a fascinating country!

#173 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:57

The original article along with the now missing pictures is available for download as a pdf file at the following link:

https://ia801507.us....i pen shops.pdf

I hope it is useful.

Best

Hari

Sponsored Content

|