#41 RSVP

RSVP

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2004 - 22:36

I agree with Rob, to stop this entire ghastly episode repeating itself, all discussions and ideas / suggestions should be made public and wholly tranbsparent.

Thank you for clarifying that Lim did indeed have some responsibility in the matter, I feel the case of the Admins can now be more greatly understood.

J

#42 KCat

KCat

Honorary Administrator

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,566 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2004 - 22:50

I'll ask again - if you have constructive suggestions, then please, bring them forward. That's why there's a "Suggestions" forum.

Funnily enough, James, one of the orders of business *BEFORE* Lim and Denis left was to determine how moderators would be elected by the board in the future. We put that on hold with the hopes of setting things up so they wouldn't have to. Silly, eh? We should have just had an election and said "Here, it's yours now, you figure it out." If you have a proposal for how such elections can be held, please do post accordingly in the Suggestions forum.

Edited by KCat, 15 December 2004 - 23:05.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

#43 RSVP

RSVP

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2004 - 23:17

I notice you have retorted your comment that those who were not on the Admin team (and had not contributed) had stolen life from others and, I quote "sightseers" with limited facts.

Obviously from this comment some members of the Admin team consider

"All animals are equal but some are more equal than others"

I don't know what to say any more.

J :(

#44 Guest_Denis Richard_*

Guest_Denis Richard_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2004 - 23:23

James,

I think KCat meant that passing strong judgements, without knowing the facts, jumping on the first conspiracy train, considering that the person who is the most vocal and presents himself as the victim of events he provoked, is always right, is unfair to people who have devoted more time and soul that you can think of, to making the site happen.

She voiced that it is emotionally distressing to have your intentions dragged in the mud, based on a very partial knowledge of a situation.

Don't you think so ? I do.

Denis.

#45 KCat

KCat

Honorary Administrator

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 10,566 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2004 - 23:42

I notice you have retorted your comment that those who were not on the Admin team (and had not contributed) had stolen life from others and, I quote "sightseers" with limited facts.

Obviously from this comment some members of the Admin team consider

"All animals are equal but some are more equal than others"

I don't know what to say any more.

J :(

actually you've misquoted me. I said "this is not real life and yet it's stealing from real life" meaning this discussion. At least quote me correctly.

that said, I was angry with the situation and the discussion at hand. I deleted my angry comments. I truly would like to read your suggestions for helping FPN succeed. I am not, however, angry with you.

Do you agree that you have not had direct knowledge of what has gone on in the background with the admin team? Do you have all the facts? If you have only one person's view of what 7 people experienced, then you do not. Again - it is merely a statement of fact that people making suppositions on the actions of 7 other people without direct knowledge of what transpired, are indeed observers, not participants. That isn't judgment of you or anyone else. It's just a statement of fact. I'm sorry you inferred that I would even begin to judge others as "less equal". That is not in my character. I was raised to view all people as equal. It is regretful at best (no i'll be honest, terribly painful) to be deemed prejudiced and despotic.

hell. it sucks.

KCat

Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

#46 Gerry

Gerry

Lake Louise

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2004 - 07:38

I want to compliment the Admin Team with regard to their handling of the 'Admin Issue'. The entire team has behaved in an exemplary fashion throughout this affair, and it is only now, as it becomes more and more open, that it is clear that silence from the team regarding the details was indeed the wisest course of action.

That silence served to protect Lim as it served to protect the FPN itself.

The Admin team has scrupulously met their responsibility for confidentiality of their deliberations, a policy that appears to have a reasonable justification, considering. It is one that I would recommend, certainly until the members can vote on it, should an opposing view materialize.

In any event, I have gradually been made aware of some of the details, and considering what I have learned, I almost wish I hadn't been exposed to them.

It is very obvious that what is done, *is* done. What needs to be recognized is that we must go on from where we are now, not from an impossible to recover position of some weeks ago.

The only way that can happen is if this affair is allowed to blow over. And the only way *that* will happen is if you continue to resist the natural reaction to defend yourselves. That has undoubtedly been very difficult.

I admire your restraint, and commend you on your judgement. Carry on.

Sincerely,

Gerry

#47 Taki

Taki

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 14:56

I apologize that my posting yesterday offended Admin team. I don't have anything against any of the Admin Team members personally. I'm just saddened whole thing happened.

I know I only have a partial knowledge (or no knowledge what went on behind the scene) of the situation that triggered this whole thing, but all I know is Lim has contributed so much to this forum.

Again, I'm sorry if my posting is taken as personal attack (which is not). I keep my big mouth shut now and won't be posting here anymore.

Sayonara

#48 Keith with a capital K

Keith with a capital K

Illigitemi Non Carborundum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 16:27

Taki -

(Just speaking for myself here)

We all recognize and appreciate how much Lim has contributed.

I hope that "not posting here" means just in this thread as I have really enjoyed all the the contributions you have made here.

Cheers!
Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/
Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

#49 KCat

KCat

Honorary Administrator

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 10,566 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2004 - 21:05

Taki.

I apologize if my post seemed in any way aimed at you. I was not offended by your post. I won't deny being hurt by all this turmoil, but i was not angry with you at all. Just with the situation as a whole.

I don't think anyone was offended by your post and in fact i think we all recognize the heartfelt concern you have not just for Lim's feelings but for the board as a whole. I would greatly miss your input here.

and that - i promise folks - is my last post in this discussion. :)

KCat

KCat

#50 Guest_Denis Richard_*

Guest_Denis Richard_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2004 - 21:07

A me too post :D

I hope I did not seem to attack anyone in my posts. As KCat, I was just a bit frustrated.

Denis.

#51 Gerry

Gerry

Lake Louise

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2004 - 06:25

I want to compliment the Admin Team with regard to their handling of the 'Admin Issue'. The entire team has behaved in an exemplary fashion throughout this affair, and it is only now, as it becomes more and more open, that it is clear that silence from the team regarding the details was indeed the wisest course of action.

That silence served to protect Lim as it served to protect the FPN itself.

It has come to my attention that within my last posting, the lines quoted above might be construed as suggesting that either Lim or the Admin Team (which is what I meant when referring to the FPN) required ‘protection’ by silence. That would be incorrect – as I have no knowledge of impropriety on either side.

What prompted the remark is that there have been a few comments made regarding the unavailable admin forum and the silence on the part of the Admins.

My intent was to emphasize that the silence was not biased – nothing was being released – whether it was perceived to favour one side or the other. It has been my experience in these relatively highly charged situations that if the situation deteriorates to one where there are charges and counter charges, followed by more and more of the same, the usual result is a loss of respect for everyone.

I have no desire to lose respect for either side in this affair, particularly since that respect has been so sincerely earned. Just from watching the site on a daily basis, I have come to understand the effort everyone has made to make this forum the success it has become. And that specifically includes Lim, Denis and the entire admin team.

I hope that this prevents any potential misunderstanding of my earlier post.

Best regards to all.

Gerry