Impossible retips from Greg Minuskin

GregMinuskin

Howdy all!

Okay, here are some really cool retips I did for inventory. Now, if we can just get the ink flow for those Sheaffer's! One is a double broad super ball, the other a double broad stub.

Also, two other nibs with double broad stubs.

Enjoy! Oh, I will be at the Chicago Pen Show coming up. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Greg :bunny01: :thumbup:

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GregMinuskin

• fibreglass_works

• FarmBoy

• Dillo

Nice!

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Okay, here are some really cool retips I did for inventory. Now, if we can just get the ink flow for those Sheaffer's! One is a double broad super ball, the other a double broad stub.

Greg,

I think we can get the flow . . .

I need to get some Vacs cleaned up, I need that BB-stub.

The 51 stubs are going strong.

Thanks

Todd

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Honestly, this is a craftmans job. Just wait a little longer i will be the next in the Q to get him to help me. BTw Greg, Can give us a hint on the waiting time for a re- tip? i will be happy. tks

Dear TKS,

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate it very much. I truly try to be a "craftsman" with these nibs.

Wait time is just 2 weeks! How about that?

Sincerely,

Greg

Honestly, this is a craftmans job. Just wait a little longer i will be the next in the Q to get him to help me. BTw Greg, Can give us a hint on the waiting time for a re- tip? i will be happy. tks

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

Dear Todd,

Great! Well, the nibs are for sale. $75.00 for the Vac nib, $50.00 for the Sheaffer nibs. Interested?

Greg

Greg,

Thanks

Todd

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

I don't want to cut the sale from Todd if he does not want the vac I would love it if is is 27mm long or more in size. Please Put me in the waiting list Then I don't have to wait two week.

Would be happy if you confirm with Pm.

Honestly a craftmans job.........

Dear Todd,

Great! Well, the nibs are for sale. $75.00 for the Vac nib, $50.00 for the Sheaffer nibs. Interested?

Greg

Greg,

Thanks

Todd

It's like a centerfold for pen lovers! :wub:

Nice analogy. A nib spread as it were...

Feel free to go for the nibs everyone. I have several of Greg's 51 nibs and they certainly draw attention and write very well. As for my projects, I'm mostly caught up and have taken on a few project pens for others and I need to get back into the shop and make a few parts I've promised.

As for getting enough flow on a big nib, it can be challenging. So can getting a big fat nib in a hooded pen. It is definitely worth the effort. When going for flow and big nibs, don't forget to try different inks as well and adjusting the feed/hood/breather tube/etc. Some inks just don't flow well in some pens.

I'd say my goto pen right now is one I posted a while back with a BB Stub nib from Greg and next up IS an Azure Vac OR a Parker Toothbrush in green. Haven't decided yet.

Todd

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Just curious, if one was to send you a nib for tipping, what would a rough price range be? I am not sure if the prices you mentioned were based on buying the nib and the retipping, or just the service itself. I have a 47' Vacumatic that I would not mind to have re-tipped at some time.

“If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others.” ~Dr. Haim Ginott

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/PostcardBadge.png http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/InkExchange.png

My Website

Howdy,

All retips for standard nibs, any retip size, is just $60.00; a 51 nib is $70.00. Postage in the U.S. is 6-9 dollars depending insurance needed. Turn around time is just 2-3 weeks, sometimes sooner. The retipping charge is the labor to do the retip, not purchasing the nib.

Let me know if I can assist you. My website is:

www.gregminuskin.com

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Greg

Just curious, if one was to send you a nib for tipping, what would a rough price range be? I am not sure if the prices you mentioned were based on buying the nib and the retipping, or just the service itself. I have a 47' Vacumatic that I would not mind to have re-tipped at some time.

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

• 1 month later...

Hey Greg,

I think it's time for me to send you my Sheaffer Snorkel Signature to get it customized. I'll give you a call. I'll follow that up with my Urushi Densho when I'm ready to part with it. The Densho is so new and I'm having too much fun with it right now. :)

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

• 1 month later...
Howdy,

All retips for standard nibs, any retip size, is just $60.00; a 51 nib is $70.00. Postage in the U.S. is 6-9 dollars depending insurance needed. Turn around time is just 2-3 weeks, sometimes sooner. The retipping charge is the labor to do the retip, not purchasing the nib.

Let me know if I can assist you. My website is:

www.gregminuskin.com

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Greg

Tell the truth Greg, it really costs a lot more than that doesn't it? I mean you retip a nib for him, then he realizes that all his other pens write like garbage compared to your retip, then he has to send them all to you one at a time. You going to retip all 100 pens for $60 total? I thought not! Many of my pens have banded together and made a voodoo doll of Greg, they spend all day stabbing it hoping he will suffer terribly because it seems my retips get the most writing time :-)

Truthfully though, Greg has come the closest to my ultimate nib, a factory 146 that writes perfectly, the one I compare every other pen to. Thanks Greg!

Allan

Tell the truth Greg, it really costs a lot more than that doesn't it? I mean you retip a nib for him, then he realizes that all his other pens write like garbage compared to your retip, then he has to send them all to you one at a time. You going to retip all 100 pens for $60 total? I thought not! Many of my pens have banded together and made a voodoo doll of Greg, they spend all day stabbing it hoping he will suffer terribly because it seems my retips get the most writing time :-)

:roflmho: :thumbup:

That was exactly my first thought :) Pens in my humble collection are still under $60 each, but once I buy something "ultimate" for hundreds of $$$ I'll surely give such nice retip a thought.

Greg, it's a real pleasure to watch these photos.

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files