The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Libelle Epic

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Songwind

Songwind

Pelikonvert

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:13

Today I picked up a Libelle Epic from Ink in downtown Minneapolis.

It's a nice swirling "marbled" black and white on the barrel, with a black screw-on cap and silver clip and accents. The band around the cap is decorated with dragonflies.

The base of the barrel has a metal ring for the cap to post on, avoiding damaging the decorative finish.

My pen has a stainless steel nib.

The pin is 5.5" long capped, 6.5" posted.

It writes very smoothly. That's what really did me in. I wasn't really planning on buying a pen today until I put nib to paper. The medium nib writes a nice wet line without being too bold. There is no scratchiness that I can detect, either through my fingers or with my ears. It also writes well even when rotated pretty far onto either side. I even tried writing with it held upside down. It produced a line like a Fine nib, but was very scratchy.

The standard retail on this pen is $100. I got mine for $50, because Barry is closing out stock on them. It was more than worth the $50 I paid. I have been enjoying it so much, I make up reasons to write things.

Edited by Songwind, 11 April 2008 - 03:24.

Posted Image Dragonsept Arts and Publishing - Free and open culture
My Public Key: F1BC60E6
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." — Rudyard Kipling
"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act." — George Orwell

Sponsored Content

#2 Songwind

Songwind

Pelikonvert

• Member - Gold

• 835 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:23

24 Hour update/impressions:

Wow, this thing writes smoothly. I am a happy monkey.

I really like the piston converter. It seems to hold less ink than my Sheaffer aeromatic converter, but it was SO easy to clean.

I thought it wrote a nice line with the Purple Martin. Then I put in the bulletproof Black. That's even better.
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." — Rudyard Kipling

#3 Songwind

Songwind

Pelikonvert

• Member - Gold

• 835 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 00:06

#4 Songwind

Songwind

Pelikonvert

• Member - Gold

• 835 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:12

Well, crud.

The decorative cap band came off today. It's not broken, so it can be repaired, but geez.

Everything functional about it still works fine. It still writes great (actually, it writes even better than it did, because I found an ink that works better than the first I tried). This still makes me wonder if there are other QA issues lurking in my future?

#5 Vanrensalier

Vanrensalier

Vanrensalier

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:48

Songwind,

I had one just like that and loved it. I gave it away to a friend thinking I'd get another one and then they were discontinued and no more to be found! I hope they re-introduce it or something similar.

Laban came out with the Celebration Oyster Swirl, which is kind of similar but not quite as rich looking as the Libelle.

Good review!

#6 akrishna59

akrishna59

Dr. Verghese Kurien - Father of the White Revolution in India.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:37

the pen looks nice and i would love some more snaps, but from what i have seen it is nice indeed. i am sure that you will be able to fix the cap band. tks. for the review.

rgds.

krishna.
ladies and gentlemen write with fountain pens only.

Sponsored Content

|