Meisterstuck LeGrand

Larry T

I was at the mall yesterday and stopped by Marshall Fields to Christmas shop with my wife. This particular store has a large pen department, so I always stop to look. The sign said "Clearance 30% off" so I asked which pens were on sale. I was told that all of them were reduced, but some were up to 75% off. Oh, I asked, which pens are 75% off? MONT BLANC! I bought a Meisterstuck LeGrand that was marked $410.00 for $102.50 minus my daughter's 15% discount, for $93.35 with tax. My best find yet!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/ircameraman/MBnib2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/ircameraman/MBLeGrand2.jpg

I should have cleaned the Waterman Florida Blue ink off of the nib before I took the pictures, but I have been writing with it all morning. The nib is a slightly flexible medium. I can actually get quite bit of line variation with a little pressure. I didn't want to go shopping yesterday but I'm glad I did!

Lucky Larry.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Larry T

• Titivillus

• Dillo

• FrankB

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Maybe you should snag another one for Slush. :)

Dilllon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

I was at the mall yesterday and stopped by Marshall Fields to Christmas shop with my wife. This particular store has a large pen department, so I always stop to look. The sign said "Clearance 30% off" so I asked which pens were on sale. I was told that all of them were reduced, but some were up to 75% off. Oh, I asked, which pens are 75% off? MONT BLANC! I bought a Meisterstuck LeGrand that was marked $410.00 for $102.50 minus my daughter's 15% discount, for $93.35 with tax. My best find yet!

That's a sumgai find for MB if I ever heard of one.

good pen at a great price.

Kurt H

Last one, sorry. They had lots of roller balls but no more fountain pens.

Larry

Hi,

Great deal you have there. :) Too good of a deal, I must say. :)

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

wowee! great find. howzabout a review?? ;)

"i love the smell of celluloid nitrate in the morning...you know, the smell, that camphor smell, it smells like...victory."

I have always wanted to buy a MB fountain pen, but I didn't want to spend that much money. I was hoping she could find a 149 in the back, but my luck wasn't quite that good. I may do a review after I've used the pen a little more. So far I can say that I like the pen a lot. Nice expressive nib.

Larry

Larry, just one additional comment on the 146 - I think it is a very nice size. I have been writing with my "new" 146 (a used one I got for Christmas). I have been going on-and-on about my Dani raw ebonite Densho which is a large pen and quite a bit of fun to use. But I have noted that the 146 is not a small pen, either in overall physical dimensions or in the nib. It is also a pleasant writing pen, and one I am actually glad I have in my collection. I hope you find yours similarly pleasing.

Wow, Great deal!

Let's just hope for the store's sake that word of the 75% off sale doesn't get back to MB. They'd yank the license to sell in a heartbeat! :ph34r:

Bryan

http://static.flickr.com/21/28891892_80d902777e_t.jpg

Bryan, I think that the store is closing out all of it's pens. They don't plan on selling MB after these are gone.

Larry

Congrats! Enjoy! Review! ;)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Great find! You paid less than half of what a new MB 146 (am I right that LeGrand=146?) would be worth to me. I just bought a new red Pel M800 from Pam Braun for $220 (can't wait til it gets here!), and I'd value the pen you bought at at least that much. Enjoy!

Amin, yes, the pen is marked LeGrand but the sticker on the box says LeGrand and M146. A Pelikan M800 is on my list as well, I only live about 15 minutes from Pams store. I'll go look at them after the holidays. It's a wonder I have any money left at all. :huh:

Larry

Thanks to Larry, I began my quest to find this Marshall Fields. I messaged him and he was gracious enough to point me in the right direction. Fortunately, they still had a few pens left.

I found a few great deals. I picked up a MB Generation fountain pen with an XF nib for $68 for myself. I also picked up 3 MB Boheme Plaatinum rollerballs for $65 each. These will be gifts to my groomsmen at my wedding (I am getting married in April)

I also picked up 3 MB Meisterstuck Stainless Steel fountain pens with medium nibs for $155 each. I haven't decided what to do with them yet, but Christmas is coming!

It was definitely a night for good deals.

Fantastic deal if I ever heard one! :D

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Thanks to Larry, I began my quest to find this Marshall Fields. I messaged him and he was gracious enough to point me in the right direction. Fortunately, they still had a few pens left.

I found a few great deals. I picked up a MB Generation fountain pen with an XF nib for $68 for myself. I also picked up 3 MB Boheme Plaatinum rollerballs for $65 each. These will be gifts to my groomsmen at my wedding (I am getting married in April)

I also picked up 3 MB Meisterstuck Stainless Steel fountain pens with medium nibs for $155 each. I haven't decided what to do with them yet, but Christmas is coming!

It was definitely a night for good deals.

If you'd like to get rid of one of the steel ones give me a PM.

Kurt H