FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 28 March 2008 - 19:52
In the package I found twelve Hero 332 Fountainpens, green, burgundy and black, four of each color. I Bought them at $39.99 +$9,00 for shipment.
I picked out one and filled it with Sheaffer Skrip Black. The filling proces went as it always does. I had to squeeze about 12 times to fill it at an acceptable level. After a quick wipe, I tried the pen. And guess what? It writes like an Hero! A nice XF, not as smooth as a Jinhao, but it smooth enough.
To do some benchmarking I took my 329 next to it, and for me, it are indentical pens. The 329 has been used intensively for 2 months, and is a tiny bit smoother. The nibs look identical, so I screwed the 332 nib in the 329 body. It fits exactly! The forms of the body differ. The 332 however, has a notch, so, when you close the cap, you feel exactly if it's closed. The 329 is a little vague. The cap has a different for and color. It fits quite well on the pen.
To me the 332 and 329 are the same pen. I like the 329 a bit better, but that's only a matter of taste.
Which on do you like best?
Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:18
Check out my website at www.Speerbob.com
Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:21
Thanks for taking the time to make the review.
Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:00
Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:42
Posted 04 November 2008 - 23:46
I like a wider line for general writing, but these are good for writing in cramped spaces.
I don't care for the fill type (rubber tube), so one of these days I'll convert one of my remaining ones to an eyedropper pen and see how that works.
Posted 22 May 2009 - 17:35
Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:22
Which on do you like best?
I just ordered a 329 from hisnibs.com, so my vote goes for the 329. Your new pen looks as though it writes beautifully. I wanted a new toy but didn't want to spend what a Decimo would cost right now, and I'm blown away by the quality of the Pilot Petit 1. I thought I might as well try the low end of Asian pendom.